Do you believe in equal rights for women?

Do you believe in women' s rights?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in equal rights for women?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/31/20 at 04:23 AM

8 hours ago, n00dle said:

But they are not men. 

Equal, but not same.

Who runs the  fastest, who hits the hardest, lets  see them up against Tyson and Usain then tell me they are equal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Yes, but it would be nice if men were treated as equals in non-mickey mouse courts.

The male jurists who have co-operated in the travesty of fairness that is family law should be executed as traitors to their gender.

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Horses for courses. Place a premium on physical strength if you want. Women have superior tolerance of heat, cold and pain. Childbirth is Exhibit One, fancy giving it a try?

Was the guy  who cut his  arm off  when stuck in the mountains a  woman?

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, bodga said:
3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Horses for courses. Place a premium on physical strength if you want. Women have superior tolerance of heat, cold and pain. Childbirth is Exhibit One, fancy giving it a try?

Was the guy  who cut his  arm off  when stuck in the mountains a  woman?

oh dear... an anecdote of one !!! - in the world of equality there is also a woman on another thread somewhere using an extremely dim and meaningless anecdote !!!

7 hours ago, daoyai said:
8 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Hypothetical scenario: your house in on fire. A loved one is trapped inside. They will not allow you to reenter. Which would you prefer to enter the house to save your loved one- a man or a woman?

That depends, if it Briana from Game of Thrones were there, I would let her do it.

great analogy.

so your choices standing outside the iron gates are Briana of tharth or the mountain. 

which one ? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Women have always been superior to men. Can't say I've heard of too many women begging men for sex. Or paying for it.

That says more about you, than the womens strenght! (Sorry could not resist) Yes women begging for sex, and they for sure also pay for sex, and do sex travels. 

Just try to say no to a woman who is turned on, they think they can do anything, and there is no limits. Believe me

there is nothing worse than a woman who begging for sex, 

Edited by Tagged
  • Sad 1

If meteorite hits the earth and restarts all over again, I believe 'winner takes all' system like caribou herd will be the best for peaceful survival. Then no argue and issue about gender, marriage, divorce, child custody, etc., whatsoever. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, sirineou said:

I think you mean they will never be the same, as to equal protection under the law, that's a different story. 

It is really a simple  proposition. All human beings should have equal protection under the law.

Unfortunately, under the law in most countries, there is no equality, as it usually comes down to available funds to fight for your rights, and the bigger purse usually wins. "Equal protection under the law" is a fantasy. It's a great idea, but in practice there is no such thing.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Unfortunately, under the law in most countries, there is no equality, as it usually comes down to available funds to fight for your rights, and the bigger purse usually wins. "Equal protection under the law" is a fantasy. It's a great idea, but in practice there is no such thing.

Basicaly we are tribe people, and need the mix of leadersand followers Of both sexes to survive. Equal gives a different meaning when daily living is about surviving. 

39 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

In the UK, this is largely in the past with male and female workers receiving equal pay for the same job.

One area where this is hotly contested is sport where women tennis players and topically, women footballers are demanding equal reward. The reality is that the rewards in these cases are paid by commercial enterprises. The rewards they receive are commensurate with the income they derive for the "company". Women tennis players generate less from both TV rights and bums on seats. The difference is much starker with womens football in the UK. The BBC is currently pushing womens football but just aren't getting the audiences. They're not a charity. The top womens teams generate tiny gates compared to their male counterparts, a number playing at the training grounds of their umbrella clubs.

Sorry ladies but if you're not earning it, you're not getting it. Its a tough world in commerce.

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Alex said:

Both genders have their pluses and minuses. Different but equal.

You obviously like paradoxes. Or is it oxymorons?

Edited by Lacessit

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I voted yes, because at the moment they have far more rights than men, and I'd like a bit more equality for me.

Let me just mention the rights they have they I would like.

They have the right to accuse any man and have him arrested/questioned/detained.

They have the right to live in any mans house they have been sleeping with, and take it off him.

They have the right to 100% custody of any children you have with them, and can stop the guy seeing his own children.

I'd like some equality in those instances.

You can accuse, but without proof, you lose. And when you lose, you lose credibility for any future problems. No one can take your house away from you if you bought it before a marriage, and after it's still community property, even here, unless the house was built on government land given to her family, in that case you can still stay in the house until the court decides . Everyone has equal rights to the children. The courts usually decide on the wife as managing conservator, with the husband getting possessory, but many men are getting the children these days, as i did. If a wife tries to stop the husband from seeing the children, and there is a court order in place, she loses children and can be jailed. I look at women as equals but the man is the head of the family and household, as God even says it. All family and house chores should be done by both. If not there will always be a conflict, unless they are fine with any arrangement you both have. If you want peace, you share responsibilities.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Women have always been superior to men. Can't say I've heard of too many women begging men for sex. Or paying for it.

Consider the following:

Give her food, she'll give you a meal.

Give her your semen, she'll give you a child.

Give her a house, she'll give you a home.

Give her any s##t, say no more.

And of course it was a woman who is responsible for the world calendar that we are all familiar with; not Thailand though.

Give a woman your money and she will indulge in handbags and shoes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

That says more about you, than the womens strenght! (Sorry could not resist) Yes women begging for sex, and they for sure also pay for sex, and do sex travels. 

Just try to say no to a woman who is turned on, they think they can do anything, and there is no limits. Believe me

there is nothing worse than a woman who begging for sex, 

Believe it or not, I have heard of gigolos. However, if one looks at the percentages female sex workers far outnumber the male version.

I like women, and prefer arousing them prior to sex. I understand it's called foreplay.

I've never had the experience of a woman verbally begging me for sex, although I've had a fair bit of body language.

I suppose there are people around who have so much charisma women flock to get laid. Apparently Mick Jagger was in that category, also Gary Cooper.

How's your singing/acting career?

10 hours ago, Yankeesvsredsox said:

Yes ,but I'll stop watching sports if the women are allowed to play in professional  mens team sports and that includes transsexuals 

You don't think a team of ladyboys can play against an American professional football team?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

And of course it was a woman who is responsible for the world calendar that we are all familiar with; not Thailand though.

Give a woman your money and she will indulge in handbags and shoes.

IME give a woman your money, she'll give you varying degrees of enjoyment, depending on how appreciative she is.

• Like 1

Just now, fredwiggy said:

You can accuse, but without proof, you lose. And when you lose, you lose credibility for any future problems. No one can take your house away from you if you bought it before a marriage, and after it's still community property, even here, unless the house was built on government land given to her family, in that case you can still stay in the house until the court decides . Everyone has equal rights to the children. The courts usually decide on the wife as managing conservator, with the husband getting possessory, but many men are getting the children these days, as i did. If a wife tries to stop the husband from seeing the children, and there is a court order in place, she loses children and can be jailed. I look at women as equals but the man is the head of the family and household, as God even says it. All family and house chores should be done by both. If not there will always be a conflict, unless they are fine with any arrangement you both have. If you want peace, you share responsibilities.

It appears you know nothing of the western world.

And after I've worked a 12 hour shift and she's sat at home all day, I'm F$#@%d if I'm doing half the housework.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1