Do you believe in equal rights for women?

Do you believe in women' s rights?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in equal rights for women?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/31/20 at 04:23 AM

Just now, BritManToo said:

It appears you know nothing of the western world.

Actually I do. I lived in the United States for 62 years before moving here, and not only saw things many times firsthand, I experienced them myself personally. The laws are on the books, and you can have a lot of money and still lose, if you're in a courtroom with a law abiding and not corrupt judge. Thailand is only different when it comes to houses built on government land. If you get a divorce, it's up to the judge as far as placement. It can and has gone both ways. If it's on her land, you can still ask to live in the house, or to have it sold and split the proceedings. Thai law. As far as the USA, some states are community property states and some are equitable distribution states. You are still treated somewhat fairly in those, although that is still up to the court to decide. As far as the children, all states use what is the best interest of the child, and usually ,but not always, especially in the last 10 years, the women gets the kids. But, the father will always have rights unless there is abuse towards the CHILDREN. In no state can a woman take a child and not let the husband see them, and in most countries also.

I'll just go and ask my wife how I should answer this poll ????????????

Seriously......

She had a hard time, at the beginning, in comprehending how differently I treated her to how her barsteward Thai husband treated her (divorced way before we met).  She has now flourished into a beautiful woman in every way,  but woe betide anyone who tries to cross her (or me).....she would defend me to her death, and vice versa 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Believe it or not, I have heard of gigolos. However, if one looks at the percentages female sex workers far outnumber the male version.

I like women, and prefer arousing them prior to sex. I understand it's called foreplay.

I've never had the experience of a woman verbally begging me for sex, although I've had a fair bit of body language.

I suppose there are people around who have so much charisma women flock to get laid. Apparently Mick Jagger was in that category, also Gary Cooper.

How's your singing/acting career?

I have been in focus due to my sport, and naturaly got exposed in media, and also at sports events. Thats what it takes. No need to be fotomodel, singing or showing big money. Especially after tv, magazine or newspaper as even radio exposure, the factor incrised Dramaticle. 

Another thing, is to move to a small village backcountry in any nordic country, new flesh and blood in town also attracts women. 

39 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

And of course it was a woman who is responsible for the world calendar that we are all familiar with; not Thailand though.

Give a woman your money and she will indulge in handbags and shoes.

For some true, very true. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It appears you know nothing of the western world.

And after I've worked a 12 hour shift and she's sat at home all day, I'm F$#@%d if I'm doing half the housework.

I do not see equal means who do what in the house or garden matters. Equal means alot more than that. 

For an instanse, I do not do housework, my gf do, I provide everything needed, work in the garden and do necessery work she do not do. But I can do housework if she wants me to do, and she did go to work every day outside house. No problem, and have done it before, when I had a western gf, me working 2/4 scedule offshore, and she worked every day. 

All people, regardless of their sex, or anything else, deserve to be treated with respect and fairness, equally, in any and all circumstances. ????

Edited by GalaxyMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Dont know much about male and female equality ,in our home we both do what we seem to like best ,my wife runs a lot ,gardens ,cleans the house ,washes the car and does the hoovering ,she says its good exercise ,i go on the internet ,download tv series and watch them .oh i watch her washing the car as well ,just to make sure she doesnt miss a bit .????

Well, they are good at taking care of the elderly, dont they ????

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm retired, and built us a house, using all of my money. We're married now, so it's both of our money. I cook, clean, pull weeds, water the plants, mop the floors, help with our daughter and help at the farm. My wife does this also, and she knows I'm an exception to the rule, especially here. I watched my dad cook and clean and my mom work around the house, so I learned there isn't anything called a "womans" work.

In days past a man would spot a woman he wanted to <deleted>, whack her over the head with a log, and drag her off to the nearest cave; by her hair. Along the way she would be squealing like a piglet, but secretly hoping he wouldn't see a more desirable female.

In the cave he would sexually ravage her. Then fall asleep. She would get up and think that he was quite handsome and a good lover. She would chase any vermin out of the cave and generally tidy up.

When he awakened, he would look around and think that that cave was nice and clean. "I think I'll stick around this gaff for a while" he would think.

The cave lady would say "I'm hungry," and he would go outside to get a mammoth or elk to bring back. She would prepare the grub.

Of course, nine months later, little caveboy/cavegirl popped out. "Teelak, could you look after Um while I go to the market to get fish. I've not enough, to get you a nice fish, so could you give me a couple of shiny pebbles you have been hiding from me?"

That brings us nicely to the present day. Of course religion, football and telephones have came about since those 'cave' days. Now we have Transgenders and women's libbers.

vaggies.jpg.408c5422a6b171475e7cb2495ab1eae4.jpg

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

Just now, bert bloggs said:

very good actually and has been at it for nearly 25 yrs .????

Moms come first here, and it's usually the eldest daughter that does it, but it may be any of them ,especially if they live close. The sons are practically useless as far as I have seen. My Mom here has three sons and one nephew living at her house at any one time 1 K away.  One son was in a scooter wreck and has brain damage, walks around all day gathering firewood and delivering and picking up water and rice. One son is there part of the time and helps out whenever he can, and gives the mom money because he works. he's 16 and bought his own scooter recently. I'm proud of him. The last son is 21 and is pretty useless, sleeping most of the day and on his phone the other times. When I met my wife, he helped out at the farm a lot of the time. Now basically nothing. The nephew is 17 and has been spoiled all of his life. he cannot read or write Thai, daily asks and receives money from mom and does basically nothing except during the rice harvest time, where everyone "has" to chip in. I know he has poisoned dogs around my and mom's house, but no one suspects him. Look in his eyes and you see disturbed. I fear what will happen in the future with him there and I've tried in a gentle manner, to tell my wife to convince mom he needs to go back to his mom. He's the baby though, and it's like pulling teeth. I'm sure when mom (same age as me) gets to where she can't do anything (has diabetes and is very frail, although walks everywhere daily), that she will come to live with either us of the other sister who lives at mom's house with her two kids (If she stays and doesn't get married).

Just now, Tanoshi said:

She didn't take the kids to school, do the washing, cooking, housework, shopping, just sat on her <deleted> 12 hours a day, no wonder you divorced, then to add insult to injury, the judge awarded her the kids, the house and a portion of your salary, because she was such a lazy wife and Mother?

You're joking right, I currently have full time care of two children.

School run, washing, cooking, shopping and housework take around 60-90 minutes a day.

And I can spread it out, 5 mins here, 10 mins there.

Less now the older one (age 22), likes to help with the younger one (age 8).

Seems like you've never had to care for children.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Moms come first here, and it's usually the eldest daughter that does it, but it may be any of them ,especially if they live close. The sons are practically useless as far as I have seen. My Mom here has three sons and one nephew living at her house at any one time 1 K away.  One son was in a scooter wreck and has brain damage, walks around all day gathering firewood and delivering and picking up water and rice. One son is there part of the time and helps out whenever he can, and gives the mom money because he works. he's 16 and bought his own scooter recently. I'm proud of him. The last son is 21 and is pretty useless, sleeping most of the day and on his phone the other times. When I met my wife, he helped out at the farm a lot of the time. Now basically nothing. The nephew is 17 and has been spoiled all of his life. he cannot read or write Thai, daily asks and receives money from mom and does basically nothing except during the rice harvest time, where everyone "has" to chip in. I know he has poisoned dogs around my and mom's house, but no one suspects him. Look in his eyes and you see disturbed. I fear what will happen in the future with him there and I've tried in a gentle manner, to tell my wife to convince mom he needs to go back to his mom. He's the baby though, and it's like pulling teeth. I'm sure when mom (same age as me) gets to where she can't do anything (has diabetes and is very frail, although walks everywhere daily), that she will come to live with either us of the other sister who lives at mom's house with her two kids (If she stays and doesn't get married).

I have seen many places where thai ladies have children, they do not take care themselves, and let some elder in family do. House cleaning is one day job at least, if ever do in my view of cleaning. Im sure some here know what I talk about, without trying to generalize the whole thing. 

Take care have a different meaning among most people and cultures, and some is better than others. With all my knownledge, I will salute the Nordic women, who work, exersize, do school meetings, shopping, take care of house with their husbands, and also do work full time. Impressive above anything else I have seen around the world. On top of that, they even pay their share of the household. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

In the UK, this is largely in the past with male and female workers receiving equal pay for the same job.

One area where this is hotly contested is sport where women tennis players and topically, women footballers are demanding equal reward. The reality is that the rewards in these cases are paid by commercial enterprises. The rewards they receive are commensurate with the income they derive for the "company". Women tennis players generate less from both TV rights and bums on seats. The difference is much starker with womens football in the UK. The BBC is currently pushing womens football but just aren't getting the audiences. They're not a charity. The top womens teams generate tiny gates compared to their male counterparts, a number playing at the training grounds of their umbrella clubs.

Sorry ladies but if you're not earning it, you're not getting it. Its a tough world in commerce.

A good argument. But. in America women get average 60 percent of pay of men for doing same job.

The girls footballers (Soccer) have shown they are making more advertising revenue better than men in USA.

and this has been shown to be same in Japan with the "Nadeshiko Japan" National Ladies team that goes to the Olympics.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

A good argument. But. in America women get average 60 percent of pay of men for doing same job.

The girls footballers (Soccer) have shown they are making more advertising revenue better than men in USA.

and this has been shown to be same in Japan with the "Nadeshiko Japan" National Ladies team that goes to the Olympics.

Not in the UK.

57 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

70% is not true for same exact job with same experience and knowledge level. Most of those pro-women studies try to define 'similar jobs' in their comparisons just to make it look worse than it actually is.

I'm so over everybody's victim-hood in 1st world countries.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You're joking right, I currently have full time care of two children.

School run, washing, cooking, shopping and housework take around 60-90 minutes a day.

And I can spread it out, 5 mins here, 10 mins there.

Less now the older one (age 22), likes to help with the younger one (age 8).

Seems like you've never had to care for children.

Now your joking, but we have something in common.

I raised 4 kids from the ages between 3-11 and fostered another, whilst working full time.

Your also correct that in the UK the Judges decide in a Family Court.

In my case 2 women and a male.

Unlike others, apart from full custody of the kids, I got an award for child maintenance and although I offered £10K to buy her out of the house, which she refused, the judges awarded her £3K.

Equal rights are fine provided you have equal responsibility.

Can't agree with your childcare choirs taking 30-90 minutes a day.

You mustn't have done any ironing. :smile:

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 9:22 PM, BritManToo said:

I voted yes, because at the moment they have far more rights than men, and I'd like a bit more equality for me.

Let me just mention the rights they have they I would like.

They have the right to accuse any man and have him arrested/questioned/detained.

They have the right to live in any mans house they have been sleeping with, and take it off him.

They have the right to 100% custody of any children you have with them, and can stop the guy seeing his own children.

I'd like some equality in those instances.

You couldnt have had a better response if you had started o poll and asked outright:

Have you been trhough a bitter divorce?

I dont disagree that there are inequities, but that has as much to do with the traditional model of domestic bliss that all of you signed up for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Equal pay for doing the same job is simplistic. A person who is more experienced can rightfully be paid more than a less experienced person.

• Like 2

Equal rights are a good idea.

One challenge is that men and women are different. They often think different and act different. And I think there is no point trying to make them more equal.

I.e. there are a lot more male pilots than female. Should there be a quota for more female pilots? Or more support for them? Or should we just accept that in average men prefer that kind of job and thinking.

Or nurses and kindergarten teachers. Should we train more men so that they can do something they don't really want?

There are female pilots and male nurses. It's up to each individual.

What I definitely don't support are those crazy feminists who want support for females for about everything. And I don't think we should believe everything from women because it seems those feminists think women never lie. Really?

If women want to be equal then they should expect to be treated equally in every aspect. I.e. lets look at sport. Sport for men, sport for women, just mix them all. And let's see who wins. And let's see how women who pretend they want that everybody is equal like that.

• Like 2