British minister says 'move on' from rage over PM adviser Cummings' road trip

snoop1130

18 hours ago, Loiner said:

<snip>

Dominic is far too busy getting us past the post on a No Deal Brexit

17 hours ago, Loiner said:

<snip>

Uncle Dom is working his political magic.

17 hours ago, Loiner said:

<snip>

He’ll carry on with reform of the civil service and BBC next.

I see you are now admitting the unelected Cummings is the boss and Johnson is his puppet.

Fortunately for democracy in this country, more and more Tory MPs are realising the same thing. Expect a backbench revolt to oust the puppet master by removing the puppet in the near future. They'll let them finish the EU negotiations first, so early next year is my bet.

Edited by 7by7
typos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, luckyluke said:
11 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The common sensers

Common sense is a very relative concept, and thus in many ways interpretable. 

If the people with power has a different opinion of what common sense is than yourself have, it may create repercussions. 

Cummings certainly has a different opinion to most people. As shown in his press conference; which was littered with the phrase "Most people may think that, I don't" and similar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Bringing those you name in your final paragraph into this in order to defend Cummings only shows how desperate you are. There are no similarities; Cummings brought this upon himself

The only thing I'm desperate for is pole position on your iggy list ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

It would be long gone had Cummings admitted his breach of the rules he, himself, had a hand in writing when his breach was first reported.

Cummings doesn't make the rules. The science and medical advisors make recommendations, the government use the recommendations to devise the rules, and the political advisors (e.g. Cummings) simply help with the communication of those rules. People need to stop insinuating that Cummings broke 'his own' rules. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Cummings doesn't make the rules. The science and medical advisors make recommendations, the government use the recommendations to devise the rules, and the political advisors (e.g. Cummings) simply help with the communication of those rules. People need to stop insinuating that Cummings broke 'his own' rules. 

100% wrong.

the advisors "advise", Cummings makes the rules up for Boris - that' why they call the people he interfere with the "legislative"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I see you are now admitting the unelected Cummings is the boss and Johnson is his puppet.

Fortunately for democracy in this country, more and more Tory MPs are realising the same thing. Expect a backbench revolt to oust the puppet master by removing the puppet in the near future. They'll let them finish the EU negotiations first, so early next year is my bet.

You think they'll oust a PM who gave them the biggest Tory victory margin in almost a century? Not a chance! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

100% wrong.

the advisors "advise", Cummings makes the rules up for Boris - that' why they call the people he interfere with the "legislative"

Can you show me some hard evidence that Cummings makes the rules up for Boris? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You think they'll oust a PM who gave them the biggest Tory victory margin in almost a century? Not a chance! 

He gave them nothing - Corbyn did ! 

Johnson will be slaughtered by Starmer at every turn (the tortures already started) so the Tory head honchos will already be lining up the clowns successor before it really matters! Right now with the problems being stored up for the U.K. in the coming year Johnson is simply a useful idiot! 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Can you show me some hard evidence that Cummings makes the rules up for Boris? 

???????????? Given he hasn’t the intelligence he was born with, dodges every TV programme where they use big words and is unable to work out how to use a comb or dress himself, who do you think makes them up for him if not his ‘special advisor’ ?  

Edited by Bruntoid
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

The only thing I'm desperate for is pole position on your iggy list ????

Of course you are; that way I wont see the 'facts' you post and show them up for the pony they are.

But as I've told you every time you've demanded I place you on ignore; aint going to happen.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Of course you are; that way I wont see the 'facts' you post and show them up for the pony they are.

But as I've told you every time you've demanded I place you on ignore; aint going to happen.

It's pretty clear that you lack the strength of character to adhere to an iggy list, and that it's made worse when your intended targets completely blank your relentless baiting as I have done since you came out as a bubbler several days ago.

If this post, or me, are not around tomorrow everyone will know why...  

Goodnight 49

+

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

???????????? Given he hasn’t the intelligence he was born with, dodges every TV programme where they use big words and is unable to work out how to use a comb or dress himself, who do you think makes them up for him if not his ‘special advisor’ ?  

So, no hard evidence then. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Don't see how I admit anything. Dom's busy doing the bidding of the PM and the majority of the electorate who put Boris there. Sorry your leftist witch hunt loves to hate Dom, but that's all it is, media vilification of the man who helped 17.4 Million others prove the metropolitans wrong.

Dontcha just love it when the left are not getting there own way. Protest as much as you like on twatter or talking heads on the Beeb, Bexit is happening. Why does TV not run a new Brexit thread everyday anymore? There's loads to comment on the collapse of the EU, Barnier, Verhofstadt, Varadker and UK Remainers.

Expect the biggest and best party this New Year. When we are free at last.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

You should check facts.

Tory majorities larger than 80 since 1920 

• 1924, 210;
  • 1959, 100;
  • 1983, 144;
  • 1987, 102 

(source)

Those last two were when Thatcher was leader. Despite a drop in support from 1983, she still had a massive majority in 1987. Didn't stop the party ditching her mid term when they thought she was becoming a liability.

Love her or loathe her, Thatcher had more ability in her little finger than Johnson has in his whole body. He's a one trick pony and the party know that and will ditch him as soon as he's performed his trick.

My mistake. What I meant was that he inflicted the worst defeat on Labour in terms of the low number of Labour seats. The famous breaking of the Labour 'red wall' etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

My mistake. What I meant was that he inflicted the worst defeat on Labour in terms of the low number of Labour seats. The famous breaking of the Labour 'red wall' etc. 

Nice save.

49 minutes ago, kingdong said:

I don,t know if he inflicted the worst defeat on labour,they did that themselves with their choice of leader and scorn and contempt for the working class.

Indeed, Corbyn and Momentum did more to lose the election than Johnson and the Tories did to win it.

As shown by the change in the share of the vote:

• Tories up 1.2 percentage points from 42.4% to 43.6%
  • Labour down 7.9 percentage points from 40.0% to 32.1%.

But the point is moot. As I said before, Johnson is a one trick pony and once he's performed that trick the party will get rid of him. Just as they did Thatcher when they believed she was becoming a liability who would lose them the next election. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1