British minister says 'move on' from rage over PM adviser Cummings' road trip

snoop1130

I'm curious as to whether citizen Khan has had a say in todays events outside the US embassy in London and what he intends to do about it, and same for a similar event planned for 1pm on 6th June in Parliament square; not least because the Notting Hill stab fest has already been banned?

In order to keep the off topic brigade happy i'm signing off for a while to concentrate on events elsewhere.

Edited by evadgib
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:
3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

I just looked up the deaths in each Country and theres four European Countries with a worse death rate than the UK

You should have a word with the Financial Times, put them right on that matter.

I'll say it again: Spain is now at 921 per million after adjusting their Covid 19 death numbers upward last week.

Let's check the Financial Times... 

'However, Spain made a revision to its mortality estimates, adding 12,000 to its toll of excess deaths from coronavirus in a one-off adjustment to 43,000. This increased its death rate to 921 per million.'

https://www.ft.com/content/6b4c784e-c259-4ca4-9a82-648ffde71bf0

And I'll say this again; it's highly likely other countries are reporting inaccurately too.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Also nonsense about being under threat at his london home or being able to provide childcare for his son. Ergo, no justification for not isolating the family at their primary residence as per government (Cummings) instructions. Only a halfwit or a Boris fanboy (possibly one and the same) could believe the pathetic excuses he gave.

I can see now why he was 30 minutes late giving his speech. probably arrived at No 10; the backroom boys read his speech and said to him,

"Dom old boy you can't present this nonsense, not even a halfwit would believe it" to which Dom replied;

"Boris believed it, he said it was brilliant".

So Cummins sons called ergo?bit off topic but that's a funny name for your sprog.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, evadgib said:
6 hours ago, 7by7 said:

<snip>

Well, Sonia Khan is widely expected to win her claim of unfair dismissal after Cummings took it upon himself to seize her pass and have her frogmarched out of Downing Street by armed police officers. Without, by the way, any reference to her boss, the then Chancellor.

(evadgib emphasis)

Jo Swinson 'widely expected to win' the keys to No 10 last December...

She may have done, but no one with the possible exception of a few members of her party did!

5 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

You said "But only 0.4% less than Labour in 1997, 1.2% less than the Conservatives in 2017."

But 43.6% is more than the percentages in 1997 and 2017

(CG1 Bluse emphasis)

Indeed I see did type 'less' rather than the correct 'more.' 

6 hours ago, 7by7 said:

But only 0.4% less than Labour in 1997, 1.2% less than the Conservatives in 2017.

Why, I don't know. Apologies.

5 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

And you were questioning Loiner's maths ????‍♂️

Has he admitted his error?

Or is he still insisting that 43.6 is greater than 50?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

Has he admitted his error?

Or is he still insisting that 43.6 is greater than 50

Well, it's 'No' for the first point and 'Yes' for the second!

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

I think it’s great that both Leave won and Boris was elected with numbers that you don’t like. The majority of the electorate has stuck it to the Remainers and the Left. Despite your pedantry, we have left the EU and the Tories will govern for five years. 

(7by7 emphasis)

Note that, despite his implying otherwise, I have not disputed that the majority of voters voted 'Leave' in the referendum.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, vogie said:

The MSM do not choose governments, as much as they would like to, the electorate does. Cummings is going no-where, much to your consternation.

Indeed we, the people, do choose.

We have long memories, and Johnson's and Cummings' contempt for us won't be forgotten at the next election.

If they last that long. My money is still on the Tories kicking Johnson out early next year for just that reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Note that, despite his implying otherwise, I have not disputed that the majority of voters voted 'Leave' in the referendum.

I find that hard to believe. Already told you I can’t be arrsd but can you prove it? You normally like to trawl the old posts.   

42 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

No one else broke the lockdown rules by taking their family on a day out on their wife's birthday and then made a pathetic excuse up in a feeble attempt to justify it.

Are you really sure about that? I’m quite sure there have been many.

Probably they weren’t advisors to Boris, so not subject to a rabid Remainer witch hunt. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Well, it's 'No' for the first point and 'Yes' for the second!

Perhaps not ,but you keep harping on about the punters who couldn,t be bothered to vote

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

No, but at the very least he is the PM's right hand man. 

It is also unknown why Number 10 lied on his behalf and on whose authority. What if it was it Johnson's?

Probably not as the lies told on his behalf by Number 10 had by then been exposed as such.

What does Durham police's statement on Dominic Cummings tell us?

It told us no action was needed..........Is that clear enough for you.........?  ????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

But only 0.4% less than Labour in 1997, 1.2% less than the Conservatives in 2017.

However, it is not, as he claimed, the majority of the electorate. It's not even the majority of those who voted.

Can I call you Chubby Checker....????

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Loiner said:
15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I find that hard to believe. Already told you I can’t be arrsd but can you prove it? You normally like to trawl the old posts.

So were I to announce that I'd gone through all my posts back to 23rd June 2016 and had not found a post in which I disputed that the majority voters voted Leave you would believe me?

It is, of course, impossible to link to a post which does not exist!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Loiner said:
15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

No one else broke the lockdown rules by taking their family on a day out on their wife's birthday and then made a pathetic excuse up in a feeble attempt to justify it.

Are you really sure about that? I’m quite sure there have been many.

Probably they weren’t advisors to Boris, so not subject to a rabid Remainer witch hunt. 

I'm sure that many ordinary people have broken the lockdown rules and guidelines just as Cummings did. Many have been caught and spoken to by the police, many have also been fined.

But obviously my remarks were about public figures and MPs who have been publicised in the media and were comments as to why those public figures were not, as @vogie put it in his post I quoted, being "hounded by the media."

Cummings is the only such public figure who has made a feeble excuse of an eye test to justify his actions when caught. 

I note you have ignored the rest of my post. Namely "No one else gave an account of their actions at odds with that earlier given by their wife in a Spectator article.

Most importantly of all, and why not just his head should roll, no one else had Number 10 lie on their behalf."

Especially the last one which you and your fellow travellers are studiously ignoring!

Edited by 7by7
typos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, kingdong said:
15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

<snip>

Perhaps not ,but you keep harping on about the punters who couldn,t be bothered to vote

Not me, sunshine.

• Like 1