British minister says 'move on' from rage over PM adviser Cummings' road trip

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, transam said:

So what, you are more interested in burying Tory's because you haven't got over a couple of big losses. :whistling:

No, I am asking @Loiner why he is demanding a Labour MP resigns as an MP for breaking the lockdown but has not made the same demand of a Tory Cabinet Minister.

Duffield resigned as a Labour whip; should Jenrick resign as a minister?

Should both resign as MPs, or neither?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I haven’t demanded anybody resign. I’m not all that bovvered about breaking lockdown. 

Happy to correct your misdirection in claims she resigned, when she hasn’t; fact. 

Ok, I'll ignore posts like 

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

More pedantry. She hasn't really resigned has she?

Can't you twist this with percentages somehow?  "She has reigned, not 100% but a majority resignation percentage."

and

16 minutes ago, Loiner said:

<snip>

She is still an MP who hasn’t resigned; fact. 

and ask you the same questions I asked @transam.

Duffield resigned as a Labour whip; should Jenrick resign as a minister?

Should both resign as MPs, or neither?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The fact you're still in denial about the Tory landslide victory in 2019 says a lot about your modus operandi. I have some sympathy for people who criticise the government, or are fixated on getting Cummings the sack. But you need to move on from a GE result that didn't go your way ????

He is factually correct.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The fact you're still in denial about the Tory landslide victory in 2019 says a lot about your modus operandi. I have some sympathy for people who criticise the government, or are fixated on getting Cummings the sack. But you need to move on from a GE result that didn't go your way ????

Is this GE argument basically about FPTP? Yes under the current system of course the Tories won in 2019. FPTP makes a mockery of Democracy, just like the electoral college does in the US. Now Corbyn and the Stazi left are history we may one day get PR, and these arguments would be over.

The most appropriate way to sort the Cummings situation would be to have him run over by a red bus. Unfortunately - in this case- extra judicial killings are rather frowned upon!

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It was not me who brought up the 2019 election result; it was @Loiner 

When he did so, he made a glaring factual error. I corrected that error, but he is still claiming that he was correct and 43.6% is greater than 50%!

It is he, and possibly you, who cannot accept that Johnson only managed to increase the Tories' share of the vote by 1.2%; despite Labour's falling by a massive 7.9%!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Is this GE argument basically about FPTP? Yes under the current system of course the Tories won in 2019. FPTP makes a mockery of Democracy, just like the electoral college does in the US. Now Corbyn and the Stazi left are history we may one day get PR, and these arguments would be over.

The most appropriate way to sort the Cummings situation would be to have him run over by a red bus. Unfortunately - in this case- extra judicial killings are rather frowned upon!

In that case, maybe not.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:
11 minutes ago, Sujo said:

He is factually correct.

No he's not. He said "less than". The fact is it was more than. 

Please explain how 43.6% is more than 50%.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Well, Sonia Khan is widely expected to win her claim of unfair dismissal after Cummings took it upon himself to seize her pass and have her frogmarched out of Downing Street by armed police officers. Without, by the way, any reference to her boss, the then Chancellor.

But the cases are not the same. If Johnson does ever grow a pair and fire Cummings it will be for justifiable reasons, lying for starters, not at the behest of any MSM conspiracy dreamed up by you and others.

Jo Swinson 'widely expected to win' the keys to No 10 last December...

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Please explain how 43.6% is more than 50%.

You said "But only 0.4% less than Labour in 1997, 1.2% less than the Conservatives in 2017."

But 43.6% is more than the percentages in 1997 and 2017. And you were questioning Loiner's maths ????‍♂️

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Adam Bolton wasn't interviewing the guy who tweeted - I was expecting you to watch the FT statistician. I appreciate that it may be painful for you (well, it is bloody painful for 10s of thousands of poor souls) but seems clear - England has the worst excess death rate in the world. 

The clip wouldn't play therefore I assumed the talking head was also the poster.

Edited by evadgib

21 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Should you still wish to bury your head in the sand, best not read the tweet from Adam Boulton backing it up. 

The same Adam Bolton who blocks anyone using the hashtag #mediascum to describe his biased reporting?

(I was going to post a link but having just taken a fresh look at the page it's better if interested parties see it for themselves).

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Should you still wish to bury your head in the sand, best not read the tweet from Adam Boulton backing it up. 

Capture.JPG

Spain is now at 921 per million after adjusting their Covid 19 death numbers upward last week. I'd say it's highly likely other countries are reporting inaccurately too. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The clip would play therefore I assumed the talking head was the poster.

Anybody that relies on Adam Boulton tweets is in desperation street, we all know how bully boy Boulton is and how he treats his staff. He was caught on camera saying 'Borax to Brexit' after he thought the cameras were turned off, and was caught out having an affair with Tony Blairs spin doctor Anji Hunter. 

• Thanks 2