British minister says 'move on' from rage over PM adviser Cummings' road trip

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Come on make your mind up. First you say a majority is greater than 50%. Then you say they didn't get a majority. 

I didn't say they got more than 50%. They didn't, they got 43.6%.

Despite your pathetic attempts to deny that; it is a fact.

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Your maths are as twisted as your politics. At least my maths concur with the results of the referendum and elections results.

I've never disputed the referendum result. 51.9% is more than 50%.

Your maths do not concur with the election result, though. As proven.

I see you rightly condemn those who have told lies to condemn Cummings' trip. Will you now do the same for the lies told by number 10 to defend him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

<snip>

Your A and B question is a loaded question, you are stating that they both flouted the law, the police are saying that there was a minor transgression,

Yes, a minor transgression by them both.

One has apologised and resigned her position as a party whip.

The other's office at number 10 told lies on his behalf. When these lies were exposed he made up a ridiculous excuse, whilst arrogantly answering questions about the Barnard Castle trip breaking the rules with "Others may think that, I don't."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The following points have been raised many times; but as yet not a single Cummings defender has had the guts to respond to them. Will one of you do so this time?

Number 10 said on 30th March that Cummings and his family were self isolating in their London home. A lie, by this time they were already in Durham.

Number 10 said that Durham police had not spoken to Cummings' father. A lie, they had.

Number 10 said that Cummings and his family had not driven to Barnard Castle on Wakefield's birthday. A lie, they had.

So Number 10 lied about Cummings on at least three occasions. The important question is why?

If it was done on his behalf but without his knowledge then the person responsible should resign or be sacked.

If it was done with Cummings' knowledge, or worse on his instruction, then Cummings must go.

But what the Prime minister knew about these lies at the time, or worst of all was responsible for them? 

Honourable politicians have resigned for less.

Corbyn never resigned for more or less.....????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

She apologised and resigned from her position as a whip. 

If Cummings did the same and resigned from his position as an advisor, he would be following her example.

No hew wouldn't. He wouldn't resign his job, just as she hasn't. He would still be there doing his job advising and getting us out of the EU, maybe sitting in a different seat. 
Another attempted twist in 49's tales.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

<snip>

Yep, my maths concur with the election result - Boris is in No.10 because he had the majority. It's the way we count 'em.

Then you maths are at odds with the official result and the rep[orts and commentaries from all the media; from alt-right to looney left and everything in between.

The Tories do have the majority of seats, but that is not what you said. You said that the majority of the electorate voted for them; that is not true.

I can't be bothered with any further attempts to teach you maths, so if you try again to convince everyone that 43.6 is more than 50, I wont be responding.

Your 'I know my place' forelock tugging last paragraph is really sad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Corbyn never resigned for more or less.....????

How many times has Number 10 told lies on Corbyn's behalf?

Oh, none. For starters, he was never Prime Minister!

Come on, if you can't do better than that, don't bother trying!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Loiner said:

No hew wouldn't. He wouldn't resign his job, just as she hasn't. He would still be there doing his job advising and getting us out of the EU, maybe sitting in a different seat. 
Another attempted twist in 49's tales.

She has resigned from her job as a party whip.

She hasn't resigned as an MP. Her constituents will decide on that issue come the next election. Just as the country will decide on Johnson.

But one thing is clear; unlike Cummings she has apologised and no one has told lies to try and defend her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

How many times has Number 10 told lies on Corbyn's behalf?

Oh, none. For starters, he was never Prime Minister!

Come on, if you can't do better than that, don't bother trying!

Oh, so Corby never cavorted with the IRA, never got paid by the terrorist Iranian regime, and never apologised for it either.......   :whistling:

Edited by transam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Then you maths are at odds with the official result and the rep[orts and commentaries from all the media; from alt-right to looney left and everything in between.

The Tories do have the majority of seats, but that is not what you said. You said that the majority of the electorate voted for them; that is not true.

I can't be bothered with any further attempts to teach you maths, so if you try again to convince everyone that 43.6 is more than 50, I wont be responding.

Your 'I know my place' forelock tugging last paragraph is really sad.

Pedantry is getting you nowhere. Yes, the electorate majority.

Your leftist do more tugging than just forelocks, being a bunch of peddlers. Political zombies who can only follow the part lines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh, so Corby never cavorted with the IRA, never got paid by the terrorist Iranian regime, and never apologised for it either.......   :whistling:

Was he Prime Minister when he did any of these?

Of course, he was heavily criticised in the media, left and right wing.

I see you have resorted to the 'two wrongs make a right' argument.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

Corbyn had his judgement day at the election,the people decided,never mind spiel about punters who couldn,t be bothered to vote and red buses.

• Like 2

He will resign. Anyone with an ounce of morals would. An advisor with a truth issue is not a great look. So Boris will tell him, you go or i tell u to go.

Thats what a leader does. Im sure it will happen. Soon.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kingdong said:

Corbyn had his judgement day at the election,the people decided,never mind spiel about punters who couldn,t be bothered to vote and red buses.

Which has nothing to do with his post.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Cummngs blatantly lied to everyone. He broke his own leaders rules. Then doesnt give a toss about it, too bad, suck it uo, dont need to follow rules. Thats for the plebs.

And this from a key govt personnel member.

Some people will accept anything. The ends must justify the means.

Did he lie to the police investigation.....?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Loiner said:

More pedantry. She hasn't really resigned has she?

Can't you twist this with percentages somehow?  "She has reigned, not 100% but a majority resignation percentage."

She has resigned as a party whip; fact. She has also apologised; fact.

Cummings has not resigned from anything; fact. He has not apologised; fact.

What about Tory MPs who have been caught breaking the lockdown, such as Robert Jenrick.

27056550-8209225-image-a-38_1586553232614.jpg He hasn't even resigned as a minister, let alone as an MP!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Quite agree; but your remarks should be directed to @transam, not I as it were he who brought Corbyn into this!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

She has resigned as a party whip; fact. She has also apologised; fact.

Cummings has not resigned from anything; fact. He has not apologised; fact.

What about Tory MPs who have been caught breaking the lockdown, such as Robert Jenrick.

27056550-8209225-image-a-38_1586553232614.jpg He hasn't even resigned as a minister, let alone as an MP!

So what, you are more interested in burying Tory's because you haven't got over a couple of big losses. :whistling:

• Thanks 1