British minister says 'move on' from rage over PM adviser Cummings' road trip

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Possibly he objects to the origin of the tag? Regardless, it doesn't diminish the facts.

A Brief History of 'Lügenpresse,' the Nazi-era Predecessor to Trump's 'Fake News'

Used in World War I to attack enemy propaganda, the phrase 'lying press' resurfaced under the Nazis and during the 2014 anti-immigrant movement in Germany is now staple of Trump's rhetoric.

If you're seeking evidence in support from that far back you might as well look at the origins of how Spanish flu was so named ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

But then we would be veering even further off topic so let's stick to the facts, most tragic being that England has the world's worst death rate from COVID as recorded and reported by the Financial Times. Or is the FT now part of the MSM / fake news conspiracy too?

Answered in a one-er ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StreetCowboy said:

I think it's great that we have been able to bring poverty and fascism to our country in such a short time.  It goes to show that we were no better than the Wiemar republic.  It's a bid sad that it will probably be equally difficult to reverse, but no pain without gain, eh?

So exactly which People's Lefty Democratic Republic do you live in then? You illiberal types usually do favour fascist ideals when it comes to dealing with an impoverished populace. If you had a majority you might be able to make your reverse, if not you'll have to put up with democracy and the will of the people. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

I guess he did it for the very simple reason, that Boris apologists keep on trying to deny this truth. You might have imagined that even they would have reached a point of embarrassment where they gave up, but they have nailed their colours to the mast and are incapable - it seams - of facing reality.

Who has been denying that and did they give any reason for denying it ?

Edited by CorpusChristie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Catherine Calderwood was hounded out of office by the media. I don't recall you mounting as strong a defence of her position. 

But regardless, for me the issue is less to do with his indiscretion (which, I agree, taken in isolation is trivial) but the fact that the architect of the UK's COVID response - and of the lockdown rules themselves - failed to heed the very rules he set out for everyone else. Compound that with the infantile lies and contradictions that he and his cohorts told over an agonisingly prolonged number of days, treating the electorate as fools and distractions, and it is clear that he needs to go.

The MSM do not choose governments, as much as they would like to, the electorate does. Cummings is going no-where, much to your consternation.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Repeating it as often as you do isn't going to make it come true.

Worked for Cummings in the Brexit campaign. It was his main motivational speech to his team.

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is likely to be knocked off the front pages by the live streams currently showing plod facilitating a sizeable antifa mob besieging the US embassy in London, making a mockery of lockdown & seemingly being co-ordinated....

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1