August 11, 20242 yr Sampanthamit was positively thriving as of a few months ago. Many bars have changed hands, but it was a good night out
August 20, 20242 yr I was in UD recently and virtually all the bars are open now all be it being low season some are very quiet.
August 20, 20242 yr When we lived there, it seemed like every other month, a bar or restaurant/bar, was opening, closing, or changing owners / management. Only 2 or 3 lasted the whole time we were there. Some had a good run, some didn't last 6 months to a year.
October 5, 20241 yr I'm planning on spending two nights in Udon next week. the posts above paint a bleak picture but that was pandemic time so understandable. I'm looking for a hotel walking distance from a few restaurants and bars. What areas of the city should I be looking at? THX
October 5, 20241 yr 24 minutes ago, mikejphuket said: I'm planning on spending two nights in Udon next week. the posts above paint a bleak picture but that was pandemic time so understandable. I'm looking for a hotel walking distance from a few restaurants and bars. What areas of the city should I be looking at? THX Near Soi Samphan.
October 9, 20241 yr On 10/5/2024 at 7:24 PM, mikejphuket said: I'm planning on spending two nights in Udon next week. the posts above paint a bleak picture but that was pandemic time so understandable. I'm looking for a hotel walking distance from a few restaurants and bars. What areas of the city should I be looking at? THX @homeatudon at 650 night is well worth the money and is a very nice place to stay. Larger rooms are 750 and 850 a night. very close to all the bars, restaurant and a few minutes walk to Central festival shopping centre and Ud town. Located in Soi Sampan and there are several other hotels in the same soi. Old Inn. Grand Bua, 8hotel and Top hostel. Pannarai hotel also in the same Soi.
November 28, 20241 yr I just stayed a couple of nights at the Old Inn on Soi Sampan, around £15 a night and pretty decent. The bars and restaurants were pretty lively too, nothing compared to Pattaya or Bangkok, but then again the more chilled out vibe was a nice change. The drinks and food are cheap as chips and even the weather was fresher, can't complain one bit!
Create an account or sign in to comment