Prachuap: German retiree caught on 2,528 day overstay

webfact

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

Then allow me to ask 1 question. And please answer it. Did he have a valid visa?

I have been living here for almost 30 years and I always had one. I know what will happen if I don't care. And to extend my extension is up to them and not up to me. Laws can change at any time. This will never be my home country. I understand and accept this. But if someone doesn't it is not the fault of Thailand. 

I don't know, it was however, reported that he didn't.

There is, most probably, something other than visa issues occurring. But that's conjecture.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

It has to be you're money, not someone elses 

You need to show immigration that the money come from your bank account abroad as well and it was transferred to Thailand .

I recall last year, two Indians getting arrested for lending 800 000 Baht for the other to get the visa

I beg to differ. If you are using the 800k in the bank, it does not need to come from abroad.

If using the 65k / month, it has to come from abroad, but not necessarily from YOUR (no ') bank, as it could be coming from DWP or other pension scheme.

But Joe will correct me if I am wrong. 

• Like 1

No big deal, I know 3 Thai who overstay their visa by close to 9 years (they came to Australia on a

3 months visa). They minded their own business, worked hard in farms picking fruits, never complaint,

farmers loved them. They got caught and were told they could not come back for 5 years.

As I said no big deal, it was not in the News and only one policeman and one police woman dealt with the case. I can see the photo, 4 cops and 1 pensioner. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Is it actually legal (To use someone elses money for the 800 000 Baht in the bank for a retirement visa)

It's obvious you don't know the answer, or you wouldn't be asking me. I was not asked to prove where my lump some came from, so I can only assume the IO is not interested, only that the money is in a bank A/C with my name on it. If you know different, you are in a minority, possibly of one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Surasak said:

It's obvious you don't know the answer, or you wouldn't be asking me. I was not asked to prove where my lump some came from, so I can only assume the IO is not interested, only that the money is in a bank A/C with my name on it. If you know different, you are in a minority, possibly of one.

Maybe the rules have changed since you first applied ?

He obviously knew the risk and was aware that it could end at any time.

I feel sorry for him, as I expect he has amassed a lot of personal belongings and maybe befriended a lot of people along the way.

I feel that they should have waited until the country opens up again before swooping on him.

• Like 1

To the guys who know him and sympathise, is it an idea to put pen to paper to the IO stressing his good deeds, especially helping the police? You believe he suffered a temporary phobia about IO's. Heard him muttering they were 'out to get me' and that was why he stayed away from the office. You understand he has recently now fully recovered and this will, of course, never happen again.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

he suffered a temporary phobia about IO's. Heard him muttering they were 'out to get me' and that was why he stayed away from the office.

is it a phobia if they were out to get him and rightfully so? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Yes - Gary Glitter for instance liked it very much - for a while... ???? But I think nowadays Cambodia is more for gamblers with a lot of money. He does not even look Chinese. Better he goes back to Merkel. She welcomes everyone wherever he comes from. And if he needs Euro - no problem. They print new ones. 

He has been over here for a long time. I don't think he wants to go back to Germany. And Cambodia can be fun. What ever about Gary Glitter.

4 minutes ago, Chassa said:

How do you know everything about your friends?

That is a fair question. I know many people but I don't have many that I would call a friend. But even then I for sure don't know everything what they are doing. But if someone shows such problems like this guy he would be for sure not on my list of friends anymore. He might have had his reasons why he did this. But I never would trust him anymore. How could I accept him as friend if he is so selfish to ignore the laws? What does he care about? Only himself? I didn't want to use the word but in the end he is a criminal not obeying laws. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

6 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

To the guys who know him and sympathise, is it an idea to put pen to paper to the IO stressing his good deeds, especially helping the police? You believe he suffered a temporary phobia about IO's. Heard him muttering they were 'out to get me' and that was why he stayed away from the office. You understand he has recently now fully recovered and this will, of course, never happen again.

Are you suggesting that his friends lie to the immigration officers ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Maybe there could be a place called Farang-Town in BKK, in the same way as there's a China-Town? The Chinese brought their culture etc to Thailand, is that any different?

Andrew you should get out more often there is a farang town in BKK it’s called NANA headquarters in soi 4

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I recently went out to eat in a restaurant and they gave me a 100 Baht extra back in my change .

I didn't tell no one and kept the money .

Would you be my friend ? 

Honestly not. I would not like to be your friend. In my whole life I always tried to be correct. I am not young anymore and I made many mistakes. The strange thing is that they are the only things I still can remember very clearly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Honestly not. I would not like to be your friend. In my whole life I always tried to be correct. I am not young anymore and I made many mistakes. The strange thing is that they are the only things I still can remember very clearly. 

I will go back to the restaurant tonight and give them the 100 Baht back .

Can we be friends from tomorrow ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Aricept can help.