'Get your knee off our necks,' activist Sharpton tells George Floyd memorial

webfact

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

And since his release at least 6 years ago?

Anything there?

Or maybe he had turned his life round eh...

Well he was allegedly on Fentanyl and speed and trying to use a fake bill....

Probably the 1st time in 6 years he was....

The police officer should be charged for murder but lets not pretend George Floyd was anything but a scum bag... The portrayal of him as some kind of martyr is very odd.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, transam said:

What would the guy be saying if it were a black cops knee.....They do have black cops don't they....?

Nothing would be said, just pass the plate round...........???? 

But, how can I put this?

It wasn’t a Black cop’s knee.

Doh!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Well he was allegedly on Fentanyl and speed and trying to use a fake bill....

Probably the 1st time in 6 years he was....

The police officer should be charged for murder but lets not pretend George Floyd was anything but a scum bag... The portrayal of him as some kind of martyr is very odd.

I disagree on your judgemental view of George Floyd. 

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

I disagree on your judgemental view of George Floyd. 

A lot of people get high socially (at night), this was the middle of the day

It's unusual activity if you ask me

Did you see the two unsavoury characters who were in the car with him?

They looked wasted 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Agree, the action of the officers was reprehensible, and they need to be punished in accordance with the law.

However the ridiculous levels of fake mourning makes it out as if GF was some type of paragon of virtue. I think most people are just scared to voice different opinion for fear of being called racist. I heard Kareem Abdul Jabbar on CNN this morning saying he 'wept' when he saw the video... I mean really....

There are 10's if not 100's of people murdered on the streets of the US daily, often Black on Black gang related crime. Where are the mass protests about that? where is Al Shap criticizing other black people for the daily slaughter in neighborhoods all over the US?

Good old whataboutism!

Never fails to amuse!

It does not matter a iota, that Floyd had a criminal record or may have been on drugs or whatever: in that moment on that day, he had done NOTHING wrong and got killed!

End of story!

And who the hell are you, to tell anyone, how to react to the video of Floyd's killing?

I was shocked and appauled!

My girlfriend actually started crying!

By the way: this is the first thing that comes up, when you enter "al sharpton criticizing black on black violence" into google

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/steve-chapman/ct-black-crime-ferguson-sharpton-jason-riley-steve-20140820-column.html

You are welcome!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

They looked wasted 

I wouldn’t know about getting high these days, but when I have seen people taking substances,  it was not restricted to the night. Neither did they commit crimes while high. 

I my self has always been a model of sobriety...

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 2

Just now, Saint Nick said:

Good old whataboutism!

Never fails to amuse!

It does not matter a iota, that Floyd had a criminal record or may have been on drugs or whatever: in that moment on that day, he had done NOTHING wrong and got killed!

End of story!

And who the hell are you, to tell anyone, how to react to the video of Floyd's killing?

I was shocked and appauled!

My girlfriend actually started crying!

By the way: this is the first thing that comes up, when you enter "al sharpton criticizing black on black violence" into google

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/steve-chapman/ct-black-crime-ferguson-sharpton-jason-riley-steve-20140820-column.html

You are welcome!

The point being made is holding up this career criminal as some kind of saint, surely you can grasp that? As far as what he did wrong, he was trying to pass fake currency off at a store while high on fentanyl and meth.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

I wouldn’t know about getting high these days, but in my past it was not restricted to the night. 

Driving on class A's is nothing like driving after a smoke

I admit I have done it driving back from a club, nothing I'm proud of

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

There was Meth and Fentnal in his system. Definitely not Boy Scout material but ultimately didn't need a knee across the neck. Why they didn't phase him is a good question. 

Sources?

As far as I am aware, the toxicology report is not out yet!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Just have a look at his record, one was a home invasion where he had his gun pressed into the belly of a pregnant black woman. Sound like an upstanding citizen to you?

All in the past. Served his time, changed his life for the better. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 2

Just now, Bluespunk said:

All in the past. Served his time, changed his life for the better. 

So what was trying to pass fake money while high on fentanyl and meth, a changed man? The police were called because people felt threatened by him. Take off the blinkers.

• Like 2

Just now, giddyup said:

So what was trying to pass fake money while high on fentanyl and meth, a changed man? The police were called because people felt threatened by him. Take off the blinkers.

Allegedly passing counterfeit notes and no evidence he did so knowingly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

They looked wasted 

Which -again- has frog all to do, with what happened next: an unarmed black man, got handcuffed and killed by a police- officer ...also: in the middle of the day!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Of course it matters if he was on drugs

It would impair him mentally and physically and would cause a police officer to react differently

He was handcuffed and did not resist his arrest!

At what point between getting out of the shop and loosing his life, is there any indication of him, being on drugs and causing any trouble to 4 (FOUR) grown police- officers?

At what point does "being high" justify 10 minutes+ of increased pressure on your neck, so much so, it kills you?

By your logic, there should be mass executions all over the land, every bight, for people's DUI!