Are there any shops in Chiang Mai that purchase used big bikes?

MrBiker

Hello,

I will need to leave Thailand and must get rid of my big bike before. I tried selling it privately but now is not the best market. Are there any shops in town that buy used motorbikes for resale? 

Thanks,  

6 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Did you read the post?

Yes but maybe I didn't make it very clear..maybe the reason the Op  couldn't sell the bike is because it was priced too high ?  

@MrBiker go to any of the many bike shops around town and ask them how much they would give you for it..take the highest figure then add a few thousand baht more and re advertise to private buyers again at "rock bottom" price.

By the way what bike is it you're trying to sell ?

Edited by johng
spelling

17 minutes ago, johng said:

Ohh ok an expensive bike  400,000 ++ Baht

there are a couple on Kaidee.com for around 200,000 baht.

https://www.kaidee.com/product-355535444

2015 Triumph = asking prices around 185k, so sale prices around 170k.

Obviously nobody will give OP 200k for it.

'I need it gone' price around 120k.

Edited by BritManToo

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

2015 Triumph = asking prices around 185k, so sale prices around 170k.

Obviously nobody will give OP 200k for it.

'I need it gone' price around 120k.

I hear you. Mine is the lowest price on Facebook market place in Chiang Mai and price is obviously negotiable.

• Like 1

You could always ask BON-chinese guy that is nice and speaks english at his giant shop  between Cm gate and Smith Apts right where the sat walking street starts, bought a few used Dreams from him in past

Mine was such a hassle to sell I just keep it there and get to use it when I return, as its and old dream-paid for.

Got a thai friend to keep it at his house with free use to keep it running..old enough to leave it behind also

Edited by ChakaKhan

While this vague post likely won't help much, I've seen a company that rides around LOS with a large truck that's been advertising that they're buying 'big bikes' anywhere in the country on the local FB pages.  I took a quick look and didn't find it, but joining one of the expat groups and posting may very well cause them to find you.  As they're certainly buying for resale the price might not be the greatest, but it's worth a shot.

It's not the greatest seller's market at the moment, as I'm sure you already know...

Facebook market place should sell at the right price.I used sell a lot of bikes on that in better times though .Place some of the adds in the Pattaya section ( many expats there into big bikes ) Also Tony bike rental (Falang owned ) in the old City buy bikes but will try to knock you down a lot on price.