Handicapped foreigner conned out of ten million baht by sweet talking Thai woman

rooster59

The guy has been a bit of a fool splashing out like he did but hey how many on here have also been led up the garden path .? Being disabled will make him an easier target for some and that's what's happened here .. The old sow and associates have maxed out on his vulnerability using his naivety in expressing generosity against him ..  they have taken advantage of him .. As for the cops wanting money to look into it that gives an insight into the mentality of people who are supposed to serve the public not join in the free for all .. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You may as well tell us HOW you got scammed 

Dream on.

I will say the non-love interest one was of the class of these crimes where the perps take advantage of the victim's own greed. That's definitely shameful because you really are partly guilty in those cases. If it sounds too good to be true … 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I myself have been scammed a few times in my life and one of the times was over a potential love interest. Both were in the U.S.

Same here. Back in the states, I was in a low point in my life working a crappy job, decided to chat up the cute cashier at the store opposite mine, and ended up in a "relationship" where I found myself only being called upon when she needed something. A quick look at her phone revealed I wasn't the only guy doing this. A good hustler. A shame she couldn't have channeled that into something more productive. A friend of mine got sweet talked by another young lady, paying legal fines and bailing her poor dad out of jail, who turned out to be the BF. Hah. This stuff certainly isn't limited to the LOS.

• Like 2

I wonder if he would do the same with an Austrian woman. To buy a taxi driver a new Mercedes is more than stupid. I really want to know what mental trick some Thai women have that western men stop thinking and give away all their money.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

While this crime victim has no doubt acted very foolishly, I am not ready to disrespect him. Scam artists can be remarkably skilled. We all have human weaknesses and some people are masters at exploiting them. I myself have been scammed a few times in my life and one of the times was over a potential love interest. Both were in the U.S. and the total damage for both was about 500 USD. Very minor compared to this case, but the experiences made me a less trusting person. It sounds like this man has been seriously damaged from this scam and I hope he can recover from it. 

Agree totally it’s easy to condemn him as a fool. But being handicapped he was probably more vulnerable than some.There are some low con artists out there.But from my own observations the percentage of good relationships far outweigh the ones that end in tragic circumstances like this one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

idiot

Dang I was going to say idiot.. now I probably get an email thinking i was trolling... still ain’t figured .. we trolled for Snook in 10,000 island ... trolled for chicks in the bar... troll dolls..

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Ah........love is blind for some, got to feel for another one who bites the dust.

When will "men" truly understand, love and ones finances should always be totally separate and should always be that way, why, because love can die, and money will always keep you alive.

Better to have a Champagne budget, but a fresh coconut water lifestyle.

No need to show everyone what you have.

Edited by Bruno123
  • Like 1

The only thing that shocks me about this story is giving away a 3 million baht Merc. What was he thinking?

Well - possibly wanting to bask in the Thai show-off culture every bit as much as his new beau. For me that would lose most of the sympathy I might otherwise have for him.

3 hours ago, ThaidDown said:

Amazing....

If this had been posted as a 'My story' thread by a just signed up 'new member' we would all have cried Troll !!

You're right, but hat's because those stories are always full of holes and never backed up with credible evidence.  The OP is the exact opposite of that.

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

Ah the old Thai Romance Scam! Where is the vinyl board and the six Thai cops for the photo op or is that only for Nigerians??? Very sad double standards! 

No double standards.  They need to be arrested and charged first, just as happens with the Nigerians.

• Thanks 1