Hi everyone,

I'm in Bangkok currently (local immigration office is CW) and will soon move to another address in BKK.

What is the procedure now for filing a TM.28 form and must it still be done within 24 hours of moving in? What supporting docs are needed?

Thanks for any and all useful info!

Have a good Saturday.

They want a TM30 form instead of a TM28 or both.

You will need proof of residence. In most cases that would be rental agreement and signed copies of the owners hourse book and ID card.

Hi Joe, there's no 'house book'. The owner of my condo lives in China but has a good reoresentative in Thailand. I could take the owners passport (copy) with signed rental agreement (copy of owner's signature).
Would that be enough and does it need to be done within 24 hours of moving in?

As always, really appreciate your advice and assistance.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They want a TM30 form instead of a TM28 or both.

You will need proof of residence. In most cases that would be rental agreement and signed copies of the owners hourse book and ID card.

@ubonjoe  I thought it used to be true that most offices would not issue a further extension or reentry permit, to those on a long term extension issued elsewhere, without a TM28 being done first. Is it definite that this is no longer the case (or, perhaps, that it was never true, and I was simply suffering from a delusion)?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BritTim said:

@ubonjoe  I thought it used to be true that most offices would not issue a further extension or reentry permit, to those on a long term extension issued elsewhere, without a TM28 being done first. Is it definite that this is no longer the case (or, perhaps, that it was never true, and I was simply suffering from a delusion)?

The change of address would need to be done. Many offices consider the TM30 form as equal to a TM28.

It appears he is moving within Bangkok so that is not an issue in his case.

@ubonjoe Yes, I am moving within BKK, actually to another unit in the same building, so do I not need TM.28 AND TM.30? Would it be acceptable do you think for the owner's representative and I to go to CW and just complete a TM.30?
All my visa extensions have been done in BKK.
Thanks again.

I am not sure whether you actually need to go to CW in person.

>> I did PM you a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM-30 website and file your TM-30 on-line (either in lieu of your landlord, or as possessor of the place where you are staying).

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged-in to the Forum.

8 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

>> I did PM you a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM-30 website and file your TM-30 on-line (either in lieu of your landlord, or as possessor of the place where you are staying).

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged-in to the Forum.

so you do not think that this step by step thing can NOT serve the rest of us. why you are sending a PM!!!

Me personally I think it would be great info....

glegolo

2 minutes ago, glegolo said:

so you do not think that this step by step thing can NOT serve the rest of us. why you are sending a PM!!!

Me personally I think it would be great info....

glegolo

Hi,

No problem sending you the info, I actually sent it just now > so look in your PM-messages.

The main reason I prefer sending all of the Guideline documents I compiled PM is that it allows me to integrate any user-feedback when updating the document.  Having sent the info PM, it is then easy to contact me when users have questions or suggestions for improvement, and so when interested TVF-members contact me first time they always get the latest version of the document.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi,

No problem sending you the info, I actually sent it just now > so look in your PM-messages.

The main reason I prefer sending all of the Guideline documents I compiled PM is that it allows me to integrate any user-feedback when updating the document.  Having sent the info PM, it is then easy to contact me when users have questions or suggestions for improvement, and so when interested TVF-members contact me first time they always get the latest version of the document.

Great, thank you so much..

glegolo

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi,

Hi Peter, please send me the TM 30 info too. Thanks.

23 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi,

Hi Peter, would you please send me the TM30 info via PM as well?  Thanks in advance!

SIT

On 6/6/2020 at 3:41 PM, Peter Denis said:

Hi,

Top idea and process you are using, Peter.

Please drop me a PM of the TH30/TM28 notes that you have compiled.

Cheers and thanks, Richard.

On 6/6/2020 at 1:45 PM, ubonjoe said:

The change of address would need to be done. Many offices consider the TM30 form as equal to a TM28.

It appears he is moving within Bangkok so that is not an issue in his case.

Although not an issue in the OP's case, hasn't the TM28 form in any event now to all intents and purposes been superseded by the TM27 form as a result of a Police Regulation issued in February?

https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5e468147cf638702b11f9cb9

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Although not an issue in the OP's case, hasn't the TM28 form in any event now to all intents and purposes been superseded by the TM27 form as a result of a Police Regulation issued in February?

https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5e468147cf638702b11f9cb9

I usually have pretty good reading comprehension, but that Police Order is expressed about as confusingly as I think possible. It seems that almost all of us here on long term extensions are governed by Section 2.1 of the revised order, and otherwise only subject to the 90-day reports which remains basically unchanged. I cannot remember seeing that TM27 form before. It is far from clear whether you meet the requirements of Section 2.1 using the TM27, TM28 or TM30 form. I suspect it is immigration office dependant, because the immigration officers probably have as much difficulty understanding that Police Order as we do.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RemyDog said:

Top idea and process you are using, Peter.

Please drop me a PM of the TH30/TM28 notes that you have compiled.

Cheers and thanks, Richard.

Hi Richard > Done so check your PM - and you are welcome!

On 6/6/2020 at 3:41 PM, Peter Denis said:

Hi,

Would you please send the Guideline documents to me? I am moving from Bangkok to Pattaya later this month, and want to get it right. My new landlord is ready to file a TM30 for me at Jomtien Immigration. I don't know about the TM28.

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

I usually have pretty good reading comprehension, but that Police Order is expressed about as confusingly as I think possible. It seems that almost all of us here on long term extensions are governed by Section 2.1 of the revised order, and otherwise only subject to the 90-day reports which remains basically unchanged. I cannot remember seeing that TM27 form before. It is far from clear whether you meet the requirements of Section 2.1 using the TM27, TM28 or TM30 form. I suspect it is immigration office dependant, because the immigration officers probably have as much difficulty understanding that Police Order as we do.

The primary purpose of the TM28 form was to report staying out of the province where you are living longer than 24 hours.

The TM27 is only for reporting a change of address.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bangkok Basha said:

Would you please send the Guideline documents to me? I am moving from Bangkok to Pattaya later this month, and want to get it right. My new landlord is ready to file a TM30 for me at Jomtien Immigration. I don't know about the TM28.

Hi Basha > Done so check your PM - and you are welcome!

On 6/6/2020 at 3:15 PM, Peter Denis said:

The TM30 can be done online but the TM 27/28 needs to be done at the immigration so they can put the bottom part of the form in your passport

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2020 at 11:51 AM, offset said:

The TM30 can be done online but the TM 27/28 needs to be done at the immigration so they can put the bottom part of the form in your passport

Strikes me as odd that Immigration are apparently insistent on placing TM27 & TM28 receipt notifications in our passports themselves, while being perfectly content for us to perform this onerous task ourselves in the case of mailed-in TM30 (and, for that matter, TM47 in the case of mailed-in 90-day reports) receipt notifications! Still ours is not to reason why, of course!!