My hospital visit today.

I went to the Municipal hospital with my wife in Chiang Rai today for an infection on my eye that was giving me some gip.

The hospital has been revamped with air conditioning, new counters and examination rooms, all very nice, but still busy.

The social distancing measures were in place when you queued up for registration and approval, and all the seats were alternatively available in the waiting areas. This made for a lot of standing for many people.

However the whole place seemed more accommodating than before.

There was no temperature check on entry, nor any QR scan or sign in book, just some type of scanner over the single door entrance.

However what perplexes me is that if I am not checked when I exit, then what is the point of checking my entry, I could have gone in and straight out, how would they know.

Four supermarkets checked my entry last week , but none of them checked my exit.  Am I missing something here ?

You have to be able to cross check.

• Thanks 1

They don't check exits as

21 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Four supermarkets checked my entry last week , but none of them checked my exit.  Am I missing something here ?

Checking the entry, temperature, scan, etc. is what many places are doing.

What do you expect them to do when you leave?

I assume they figure most are adults and since they understood/complied with the entry requirements, they should be responsible enough to complete the exit on their own.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Unhelpful/trolling posts have been removed.

The only reason for checking exit is in the case of malls where there is supposed to be a 2 hour limit -- but I really, really doubt anyone is comparing to see if someone "overstays".

Otherwise a check on entry is sufficient to tell them who has been there on a given day, should they need to do contact tracing on that person at a later date. (Now, whether or not anyone can or would wade through what must be a huge jumble of data, some of it handwritten, for that purpose is another matter. Hopefully never needs to be put to the test. But that is the theoretical reason for the checks).

I agree to a point, but the issue is when that person leaves the mall is not recorded so how on earth are they to know whether you were there at a certain time and got infected.

Maybe the infectious person visited the shop, spent 10 minutes there, infected me, and buggered off without anyone the wiser.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Would show patients but not any friends or family who accompanied them. Might also not show some patients who just stopped by to pay a bill or get a document etc

That's true of course. But I'm sure that anyone with a bit of common sense would be sure to mention that they were accompanied, should the need arise.

As for casual visitors, as you've already mentioned the Thaichana system is a pretty 'hit & miss affair anyway.

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

I thought the idea was that if anyone has got the virus and was in say Tesco between 10.55 until 13.55 (buying booze!) they can then go through those thousands of signatures to see who was in that same Tesco, at the same time. No good contacting someone who got there at 14.01pm. 

Yes, but entry info is sufficient for that.

Remember that infection can happen by touching the same surfaces even after the infected person has gone.

So they might trace everyone who entered up to say 2-3 hours before the infected person and anytime after that on the same day.

Now the feasibility of actually doing that, is another matter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Yes, but entry info is sufficient for that.

Remember that infection can happen by touching the same surfaces even after the infected person has gone.

So they might trace everyone who entered up to say 2-3 hours before the infected person and anytime after that on the same day.

Now the feasibility of actually doing that, is another matter.

This is the crucial point: feasibility. If I went to the mall, a big Tesco Lotus, and a HomePro in one day and checked in but had no working check out process (true story), you would be trying to trace many thousands of people if you cast the time net for the whole day for all three places. Probably on a busy day we are talking a combined 30-50k for all three places. 

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

This is the crucial point: feasibility. If I went to the mall, a big Tesco Lotus, and a HomePro in one day and checked in but had no working check out process (true story), you would be trying to trace many thousands of people if you cast the time net for the whole day for all three places. Probably on a busy day we are talking a combined 30-50k for all three places. 

Wouldn't be any different if they had your check out time. They:d still need to trace everyone who came in after you on the same day and might have touched a surface that you had touched.

• Like 2

I was wondering the same myself.

Went to Central in Udon Thani Me, my son, and my housekeeper.

I scanned the App, signed in and all 3 of us entered.

So there is no way of tracing my son or my housekeeper that I can see, they aren't in the system.

Hospitals at least the ones i go to already check your temperature along with weight and blood pressure when you go in so the gun at the front was not really useful.  I am sure there is a protocol in place if you have a higher than normal temperature.  I know from experience that there is if you have a higher than normal BP.

I believe but I don't know for sure, as how can anyone understand a hospital bill, not me, not my wife.

Anyway my bills always have 'essential drugs' and 'non-essential drugs'

I believe the non-essential element is their way of charging you for all this BP, weight and height nonsense, that one has to put up with when you go to any hospital.

I ended up with two eye drops and an eye gel, 433 baht, non essential 133 baht and service charge 100 baht

Total 666 baht.

Over 3 hours of fart - arsssing around.

I went to Banglamung hospital last week. I checked my smartphone in and out.  At a hospital there are more likely to be infected people.  The hospital was set up for social distancing however many people sat on chairs which had been blocked off for sitting. People queuing up to get their prescriptions and pay for them totally ignored social distancing. The hospital did its best but not the patients!

That's disappointing. Like I say at my hospital the clearly laid out social distancing was pretty much obeyed where possible.

I truly believe there are just too many freeloaders ( 30 baht ) going to hospital for no good reason and stuffing it up for the people that really need to see a doctor.

Conversely it may also be true that the doctors are making their patients revisit the hospital unnecessarily for follow up visits just to enhance the hospital income. 

The women in front of me on my visit yesterday had cataracts, and as they let u into the examination room with the doctor two at a time I witnessed her 1 minute on the eye machine and she was gone. I was there for about 5 - 10 minutes as the doctor rabbited on and on about eye removal to my wife. She didn't say one f****kin word to me in English.