Yearly visit for 1 year RETIREMENT renewal ............................

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for your extension up to 30 days early at most offices and 45 days at others. No need to wait until the last day.

It's definitely good to go as early as possible.

For the Immigration office on Koh Samui, more than 7 to 10 days in advance seems "not possible" though. My yearly extension usually expires on 29th April. I have been told by immigration officers to apply for my next 1-year extension only from the 19th (in the last two years) or from the 22nd (this year).

29 minutes ago, Taxi said:

I've been fined for late, 2 or 3 days.  I thought I had the option like 90 day reporting but no. On or before due day, after that you will likely be fined.

Why would anyone even leave it so late when the option to renew is between 30 and 45 days before depending on the office?

#oldfarangsmatter

• Like 2

just done my yearly extension today (10 days before date) in Phrae Immigration, a new office as before I had to travel all the way to Nan Immigration

It all went smooth and quick, 40 minutes in and out.

Even less documents to show as in Nan.

Had the monthly income letter from Dutch Embassy, and that was enough; no bankbook nor prints from monthly transfers were asked for , though I had it all with me.

Edited by ardsong
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ardsong said:

just done my yearly extension today (10 days before date) in Phrae Immigration, a new office as before I had to travel all the way to Nan Immigration

It all went smooth and quick, 40 minutes in and out.

Even less documents to show as in Nan.

Had the monthly income letter from Dutch Embassy, and that was enough; no bankbook nor prints from monthly transfers were asked for , though I had it all with me.

Were you being asked to produce health insurance coverage your "O/OA" yearly extension?

3 minutes ago, RangerF said:

Were you being asked to produce health insurance coverage your "O/OA" yearly extension?

He apparently has been extending a entry from a non-o vsia that does not require insurance.

19 hours ago, Aeiou7 said:

For the Immigration office on Koh Samui, more than 7 to 10 days in advance seems "not possible" though. My yearly extension usually expires on 29th April. I have been told by immigration officers to apply for my next 1-year extension only from the 19th (in the last two years) or from the 22nd (this year).

That particular office is renowned for its rogue practices - which, if I recall correctly, include having to provide a fresh medical certificate for each retirement extension application.