Adsl Problems Again!

PattayaDavid

I have the ADSL gold from TOT.  I live off of Soi Khaw Noi and both my telephone service and ADSL went out this past Friday evening.  After numerous calls, my telephone service was restored yesterday afternoon, however my ADSL service is still not working.  I have been told that there is a problem with their server.  Is this a widespread problem across Pattaya, I mean, is all TOT ADSL subscribers in Pattaya experiencing the same problem?  I cannot connect at all.

I'm thinking of changing telephone and ADSL providers.  Can anyone suggest a provider that is providing reliable service and good customer support?

Pattaya David

I have the ADSL gold from TOT. I live off of Soi Khaw Noi and both my telephone service and ADSL went out this past Friday evening. After numerous calls, my telephone service was restored yesterday afternoon, however my ADSL service is still not working. I have been told that there is a problem with their server. Is this a widespread problem across Pattaya, I mean, is all TOT ADSL subscribers in Pattaya experiencing the same problem? I cannot connect at all.

I'm thinking of changing telephone and ADSL providers. Can anyone suggest a provider that is providing reliable service and good customer support?

Pattaya David

My TOT ADSL service stopped working last November and their engineers were unable to resolve the matter; But be aware that they'll still demand full payment for the months subscription whilst you're still signed up

Try the Cat telecom CDMA wireless network (590 baht/month)

http://www.contactcenter.cattelecom.com/th...nfo.asp#anchor6

Thanks guys, it looks like I'm the only one with a loss of ADSL signal. I called the TOT service center again today because I haven't been able to speak with anyone here in Pattaya. The phone just rings and rings with no answer for days now. I guess that the whole office closed for the week and everyone is playing with water for Songkran. It's hard to believe that a service oriented company such as TOT could just close up shop for a week, of course (TOT). Anyway, I told the service center representative, must be located in Bangkok, that if my service is not restored by Monday, I will be looking for a new service provider.

This brings me to my next question, which service provider (TOT TNT, True etc.) has their ADSL station located the closest to Soi Khaw Noi. I figure, if I change service providers, I should get the fastest service with the company located the closest to me. I signed up with TOT at the office located on Central near CarreFour.

Thanks,

Pattaya David

Thanks guys, it looks like I'm the only one with a loss of ADSL signal. I called the TOT service center again today because I haven't been able to speak with anyone here in Pattaya. The phone just rings and rings with no answer for days now. I guess that the whole office closed for the week and everyone is playing with water for Songkran. It's hard to believe that a service oriented company such as TOT could just close up shop for a week, of course (TOT). Anyway, I told the service center representative, must be located in Bangkok, that if my service is not restored by Monday, I will be looking for a new service provider.

This brings me to my next question, which service provider (TOT TNT, True etc.) has their ADSL station located the closest to Soi Khaw Noi. I figure, if I change service providers, I should get the fastest service with the company located the closest to me. I signed up with TOT at the office located on Central near CarreFour.

Thanks,

Pattaya David

I would guess TT&T is closest (pattaya Klang/Third Rd., the same as TOT). I'm at SUK and Threpprasit, no problems today!! Knock Wood!!

Well, TOT has yet to restore my ADSL, more than a week has past now. The Service Center just keeps apologizing and states that they will forward my complaint to the service personnel and the local Pattaya TOT office won't even answer their phone. I guess I will be searching for a new service provider on Monday. Question, if I sign up with a new internet provider, will I have to buy their ADSL modem or can I continue to use the one I purchased from TOT? In my thinking, an ADSL modem is an ADSL modem and it should not matter as to the model, what say you?

I am thinking that I will go to the TNT office upstairs at CarreFour on Monday, any suggestions as to which provider I should choose for my new ADSL provider?

Thanks,

Pattaya David