Covid-19: Keep wearing masks - risks from asymptomatic young people on the rise

webfact

2 minutes ago, Suua said:

Exactly, the idiot has obviously not read the latest news where they have discovered that asymptomatic cases actually account for extremely rare cases of the disease being passed on. They found that the disease was largely transmitted by people already showing symptoms/were inflected. 

Yes, and posters in this forum have pointed out recently in (wild) support of China's reported success (and low-risk status) that there were hundreds of people testing positive there recently but that they were asymptomatic and swabs of the eating utensils and masks (a specious claim) were absolutely virus-free. 

I heard a saying from the Middle East one time: You can't ride two camels with only one butt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

They are healthy and have no symptoms of the disease and are thus a high risk group for the spread of the virus.

took the 5 months to figure out

so how many were/are infected in Thailand and how many have died undiagnosed ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, lensta said:

Then why isn't he wearing one??? Do people not see the hypocrisy in these so called experts?

Unless they are participating in a virtue-signalling photo-op, most "leaders" and "experts" who are demanding the public to 'wear masks" and "social distance" neither wear masks nor social distance. 

"But we need to follow the rules set by our leaders and experts!"

No.  Follow the examples set by your leaders and experts.  Do the same as they do.  Nothing.  Why?  These people are not afraid of the 'deadly virus' that they are telling you that you must be mortally afraid of contracting. 

Where's your mask?  index2.jpg.dfb29b6f889d854618c0bfc1ef67fd44.jpg

Why isn't the Anutin entourage social distancing?
Why are they sharing food among themselves?
AnutinSpecial.jpg.8a08d4f1f6293c866f11549b77c31ee7.jpg

The rules are for thee, and not for we (the elite). 

• Thanks 2

Tesco yesterday. everyone entering  had a mask and had temp taken. Practically nobody scanned the QR code or entered details on the form on the table..no instruction to do so. Once inside the shop, many people removed the mask. -2 employees seen had no mask.  Meanwhile there was a continuous recording stating that to comply with government regulations EVERYONE must either sign in on entering and leaving or scan the code and wear the mask.  Does anyone care?

56 minutes ago, lensta said:

Then why isn't he wearing one??? Do people not see the hypocrisy in these so called experts?

They see it but put up with it. It's why the Thai people in my part of BKK (Ladprao) only wear masks when traveling outside the local neighborhood. If near home, remove the charade. My neighbors are also distancing as well as Anutin's dinner party. 

• Like 1

This is one of the most confusing statements I've seen so far. We knew that something over half of all cases in Thailand had been young people, and this was explained by the penchant of young Thais for gathering in groups to drink lots of alcohol from the same glasses and bottles, and swap cigarettes, and share food with their fingers. Fair enough, but now he's telling us that most of them were actually asymptomatic, which is news to me, so why did they test them in the first place? Surely, the testing programme has been highly targeted at those displaying symptoms and hospitalised. If all these hundreds of young people were asymptomatic, then why were they tested?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Keep wearing masks - risks from asymptomatic young people on the rise

What is it now, 17 or 18 days with zero locally transmitted infections?

How can the risk be rising?? To my way of thinking, any risk must be falling?

Now, if there are hordes of Asymptomatic youngsters roaming Thailand and yet there are zero recorded infections arising from them, what does that tell you? Probably that the risk is close to nil.

I am not an expert, but from what I have been reading these last months, the so called "experts" don't seem to be experts at all.

It seems to me that since they have been testing all returnees for infections, over half of those found to be infected are asymptomatic. Those who are showing symptoms, they seem to be mild as there is only 1 case in Thailand that is considered serious.

This suggests that there are/have been a lot of Asymptomatic carriers in the general population as they have only been testing those who meet quite stringent criteria.

The question is, why are some people asymptomatic? Is it possible that they are spreading the coronavirus but with such a low viral lode that the bodies of the people they infect are able to fight the virus and build up antibodies so that they are also able to cope with a heavier infection?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

They tested all known contacts of confirmed cases, including family members

That idea is contradicted in an article today in the news site which can't be quoted here. In that article, a Dr. Tanarak explains that the success of Thailand was because of targeted testing that didn't test all contacts but only high-risk contacts and those with symptoms

Edited by JCP108
  • Thanks 1