Statue of scout founder Baden-Powell to be taken down in Britain

snoop1130

On 6/12/2020 at 8:23 AM, Logosone said:

Collectivism is not the father of Nazism.

The father of Nazism was Communism, as Fascism and Nazism were a reaction to the agitation and violence of communism. Nazis originally wanted to preserve the lower middle class against the threat of violent revolution from the left. Read your Ernst Nolte.

Communism is also the father of the Antifa. All its life Communism, and Antifa, want to overthrow what exists. Destroy it completely and replace it with, what they and they alone know is a better way.

This is why Antifa want destruction and chaos. They hate the current order and want it gone. Racism is just a vehicle. A front. For the useful idiots.

It's not about Baden Powell, or Cecil Rhodes, or Edward Colston. It's about imposing their own values on the rest of us, and first all that was before has to go. 

It’s about destroying our values that we grew up with, rather than changing them.

Personally, I like and, to some extent, understand the status quo. If BLM disrupts that, what can I turn to for defence against the lunacy of Brexit and the criminals and buffoons behind it?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

It’s about destroying our values that we grew up with, rather than changing them.

Personally, I like and, to some extent, understand the status quo. If BLM disrupts that, what can I turn to for defence against the lunacy of Brexit and the criminals and buffoons behind it?

You are dealing with bafoons and lunacy at this very moment, your new future....????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, transam said:

You are dealing with bafoons and lunacy at this very moment, your new future....????

Exactly. And people undermining British traditions and way of life are not helping at this time when we are under attack from the far right disaster capitalists

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vogie said:

There is a lot of things people should not be doing, arguing over a democratic vote for 5 years is just another.

You’re right. We should revoke it, stand under, like Winston Churchill, like Baden Powell would have done, and revoked it as the treacherous betrayal of our nation that it was.  Sadly, there were none amongst us man enough to do so.  We are a nation hoist by our own petard, betrayed by our honesty to an international sentiment of which we are not part.

I feel grateful that my dear old mother will not have to bear this idiocy much longer, though sad that my children may have to suffer it throughout and beyond their Lives. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

You’re right. We should revoke it, stand under, like Winston Churchill, like Baden Powell would have done, and revoked it as the treacherous betrayal of our nation that it was.  Sadly, there were none amongst us man enough to do so.  We are a nation hoist by our own petard, betrayed by our honesty to an international sentiment of which we are not part.

I feel grateful that my dear old mother will not have to bear this idiocy much longer, though sad that my children may have to suffer it throughout and beyond their Lives. 

What, no Romanians............?.......????

• Confused 1

Oh dear, just watching a live feed of the "defenders" one old veteran bloke with flag and the usual middle aged men with beer guts lol. Hopefully the police and the street kids batter them.

If they are not looking for a fight, then I'm the pope!

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Oh dear, just watching a live feed of the "defenders" one old veteran bloke with flag and the usual middle aged men with beer guts lol. Hopefully the police and the street kids batter them.

Perhaps that old veteran bloke is one of the reasons you are able to talk here today....:coffee1:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Hankie?

14 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I suppose you mean the police and the street kids, Your Eminence?

Edited by nauseus

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

And slavery was abolished nearly 200 years ago. Many of the statues have been there for over 100 years. 
If it's time to "move on" about the war, why are there protests about those statues?  Why not simply move on to something else?

All of it should move on, no more slaver statues, no more about WW1 and WW2.

All of it should move on, no more slaver statues, no more about WW1 and WW2.

Typical "I'm all right Jack" comment, forget what YOUR family went through so you could be here today......That reminds me, where's my cat.....I call her Pussy.....

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

So you think the Cenotaph should be demolished, that I should forget my dads war injuries, my mums constant memories of dead folk on London streets, do you...?

There is a saying out there..."Lest we Forget".......Yeh, it's mummy's boys like you that want to forget, the stuff you have never suffered, typical.

Waterloo is not celebrated anymore, time will move on and the living past will have disappeared. I didn't say anything about the Cenotaph, The Glorious Dead, and of course it should be taught in schools. This is the 21st century and the Germans are not our enemies.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Typical "I'm all right Jack" comment, forget what YOUR family went through so you could be here today......That reminds me, where's my cat.....I call her Pussy.....

In 50 years time no one will be left from WW2, does it need to be celebrated out of living memory, no it doesn't.

In 50 years time no one will be left from WW2, does it need to be celebrated out of living memory, no it doesn't.

You haven't a clue what the Cenotaph is about, not a clue, but to be expected from someone who wants to destroy GB history. Sad, very sad....

In that case YOU target the closure of Holocaust extermination camps, it's history YOU think should be closed........

2 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

That of Little Britain of course. This thread is about Britain. So how Rome comes in here? 

What Little Britain.....?

So you haven't heard the slavery thing has gone worldwide, oh well..

37 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Democracy 1 Petulant Oppostion 0. Final result, no replays.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Except when it comes to penalties.

Seriously though, you have a very myopic view of history. We are living in one of the most peaceful times ever and it's thanks to people who have given their lives over the years (and centuries) that we have got to where we are today, can we improve, of course but If you don't teach people about history, including the good and the bad, how will they ever learn ? Sterilising history is dangerous and you cannot select at a whim what should be remembered. Well maybe you can.

The problem is the people who celebrate the history, it's been hijacked to relive former glories and those days are gone.

This lot today are already looking for fights at 11am, sad dangerous days. Now they have broken through they cordon and fighting with the police.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1