Troublesome russian landlord

I understand everyone's circumstances are different, you must of arrived in Thailand already without enough funds for your stay of 3 months, no credit card? family to help? overdraft? job? anything to sell? but of course it's the landlords fault.

Don't have 5000 baht? child on the way? do you think you're responsible enough to raise and support a family.

If things are out of your control, you have my sympathy of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't there a new rule that said landlord can take max 1 month deposit? So that's something you can complain about. The thing you need to understand is that the deposit is to cover eventuall reperations and costs happening after inspection. They usually take it. 

• Like 2

He cannot just kick you out. That is illegal.

I would certainly ask the water company etc to turn it back on citing your lease, which is still in force.

I would also ask police to check his visa and question his tax on the rental.

If he is trying to turf you out, illegaly at this short stage you can be sure you will not get your deposit.

Perhaps some prawn and crab shells inside curtain rods etc to be left in rememberance of his illegal actions.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, sead said:

Wasn't there a new rule that said landlord can take max 1 month deposit? So that's something you can complain about. The thing you need to understand is that the deposit is to cover eventuall reperations and costs happening after inspection. They usually take it. 

5 condos and over, applies to.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bodga said:

nice, and people wonder why some landlords dont take no <deleted>

What the landlord is doing is illegal. And landlords wonder why tenants dont trust them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, elektrified said:

Renting from a Russian in Thailand?? Never heard of such a thing. I can't think of anyone I have ever known renting from someone who is not Thai.

Pay up and get out, move on. Sounds like a prolonged troublesome situation if you don't get out now.

I don't know about Russians but renting from a non Thai is very common.

• Like 1

Something just smells here?  Although this is Thailand normally deposit can't be used as rent that is the case in the States California in particularly.

From your post you make it very clear you don't trust the guy isn't that really the problem and the excuse ran out of money?  How you plan to paying for your pregnant wife or girlfriend?  how you eating how you paying the water and electricity unless the landlord is doing it?  lots missing here but it sounds like you don't trust him with returning the deposit so now since you are leaving July your thinking use up the deposit to prevent him?  isn't that the honest reason?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Priorities...1. You always pay your rent no matter what 2. Pay utilities 3. Everything else after the first two...especially true in Thailand where you can rent a place for as little as 5k baht a month. It doesn't get much cheaper anywhere in the world.

• Like 1

I prefer hotels that you pay monthly, to deposit seeking landlords, for precisely this reason.

But it does strike me as odd that you have run out of money? If I were being cynical I’d guess you are not paying the final month because you fear he won’t return any deposit, and in which case you’d only be 2,000 out of pocket instead of £7,000?

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2020 at 11:58 AM, worgeordie said:

Its illegal for HIM to turn water and electricity off,

Why is he unhappy not to keep deposit? ,because

he wants to keep the deposit and he wants the rent.

regards worgeordie

Yes his a parasite..Make a immediate police report take pictures of room. And go to the police. Especially under pregnancy. He needs a beating 

Let cooler heads prevail.

There is nothing that can not be resolved by a gentle talk, perhaps over beer.

Hear the landlords concerns, and reassure him verbally.

It would not hurt to get a Tourist Police perspective.

Do it peacefully, you are not in your home country, and you must try to get as many locals on your side, before taking drastic steps.

Talk it out, you are an adult, and can resolve this, with a little clear headed thinking. 

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2020 at 10:45 AM, nomad2019 said:

I will not be intimidated by this guy. 

liar, you clearly are or you would not come whining here

you are intimidated and it is the only reason why he tries to bite you, just as we street dogs.

having a kid and not having 5000 thb is so funny also...

8 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

liar, you clearly are or you would not come whining here

you are intimidated and it is the only reason why he tries to bite you, just as we street dogs.

having a kid and not having 5000 thb is so funny also...

Nothing funny about not having the cash millions of Thais are currently in this predicament you need to go laugh elsewhere.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, elektrified said:

Renting from a Russian in Thailand?? Never heard of such a thing. I can't think of anyone I have ever known renting from someone who is not Thai.

Pay up and get out, move on. Sounds like a prolonged troublesome situation if you don't get out now.

I rented a condo from an American guy. We paid 15000 THB a month rent for over a 4 year period.

When we were on holiday in Vietnam my Thai visa was rejected, I called and told him, he said we had to clean out the room, which my wifes family did and he kept the 30000 THB deposit. He would not negotiate what so ever.

I could do nothing, and being outside the country made it worse. Now to me a deposit means its going in the landlords pocket.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sujo said:

He cannot just kick you out. That is illegal.

I would certainly ask the water company etc to turn it back on citing your lease, which is still in force.

I would also ask police to check his visa and question his tax on the rental.

If he is trying to turf you out, illegaly at this short stage you can be sure you will not get your deposit.

Perhaps some prawn and crab shells inside curtain rods etc to be left in rememberance of his illegal actions.

He defaulted on the lease terms, you are talking nonsense. Rat on the Russian landlord and he might be eating through a straw for the next months. Disgusting advice about the prawns, the OP is treating his landlord bad and you want to make it worse? 

Edited by FritsSikkink

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Thanks Bruno123 for providing this 'forensic evidence'...

Not nice by the OP is an understatement! 

In this 1-year old post the OP asked for advice on how to invest his 5 Million THB 'gathering dust' in real estate.  And now 1 year later he is short on money and can not pay the 5000 THB for his rental condo?

Troll alert!

@moderator >> Better close this thread, so that well-meaning TVF members don't waste time on it providing helpful advice...

You should explore the other troll topics from the same poster, under different usernames.

Usually the usernames are easily to discover, as he like to use that picture of his ex-wife either as avatar or somewhere in his profile.

Dirtycash is one of his usernames, but there are more

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1