Thailand fights to revive reputation as top tourist destination

webfact

44 minutes ago, somtumwrong said:

Same here. "Stuck" in Northern Europe, and I don't want to go back to Thailand. So peaceful here and everything works. After 3 months my family flew here, and are enjoying the hot summer and living among clean, pure nature and eating fresh, pollution/chemical -free food. I hope this Covid never ends so I have a good excuse for the wife not to fly to Thailand again. Unfortunately, that day will come. Hmm, maybe in November then. But then I will sell my condo in Bkk and withdraw what little financial assets I have there. Note to self: Never invest anything in Thailand and never sell the assets in your home country.

You still on Thai forums though 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Who in their right mind would want to come here on holiday? Seriously?

last I checked it was 280 baht for a beer on bangala road in phuket, 320 baht for a hotdog and 4,000 baht for a ride. 

in benidorm you get 2 beers for 1 euro 50,  a hot dog for a euro and if you cant get a free ride on the square there is no hope for you anywhere.. not to mention the 70 quid return flights..

its a no brainer, Thailand has gone down the pan big time! 

how Benidorm lady wise?

17 hours ago, Trillian said:

I don't know how much beer costs in a bar in Thailand but it seems cheap enough in a supermarket, not the same ambience as a bar I grant you but if needs absolutely must.

And anyone who comes to Thailand to eat hot dogs must surely have missed the point and deserves to pay however much they are charged. Thai food in food courts, some surprisingly high quality food, is certainly cheap enough, even here in Bangkok.

And if cost effective riding is your thing, bring a bike with you, many people do!!

I dont want say much but 2 euro for a beer in Supermarket maybe for UK guy is cheap, comparing to other European countries where standard is higher... In Thailand i wouldnt consider beer is cheap, for example in my cou try you can get many range beers for to max 1.30 including Heineken 0.5 l the standard is same as in the Europe if you want to live as normal human being salaries arent. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

You still on Thai forums though 

Yeah, imagine. Every time I travel to Thailand with my family I totally abandon the forums of my home country. And when I travel to my home country I totally abandon the Thai forums. That is the way is has to be.. sound logic ????

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 2:18 AM, fruitman said:

Mallorca has 28 million tourist arrivals every year....and is a small island only with 1 airport....

It's cheap and beautifull there, just look on youtube...

Majorca stunning for sure; great beaches, food, beer & clubs etc........

... but it is full of numpty Europeans and there's a distinct lack of Thais.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:18 AM, somtumwrong said:

I hope this Covid never ends so I have a good excuse for the wife not to fly to Thailand again. Unfortunately, that day will come.

So Thailand is good for providing you with an exportable Thai wife and family. Everything else sucks.