Air Asia

napalm

I have had 2 flights cancelled to Udon Thani due to the Virus, I booked and paid for the flights for my Step daughter, they would not refund me only refund the passenger(Step Daughter) to me that is ridiculous but what can you do, refund takes 30 days again ridiculous! 

11 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

I have had 2 flights cancelled to Udon Thani due to the Virus, I booked and paid for the flights for my Step daughter, they would not refund me only refund the passenger(Step Daughter) to me that is ridiculous but what can you do, refund takes 30 days again ridiculous! 

Always read the policy, if you find the policy says no refund, then you are stuck, if they give you an alternate flight in due course for no extra charge, then you will have to take it.

Put it down to experience, and perhaps decide whether you will fly them again, however if there policy says no refund, even if they cancelled it, put it down to experience, e.g. you not reading the policy.

25 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

30 days ? I was cancelled in March for a Penang trip...refund states "in Progress".........I hope they know..no bookings until paid back for what they owe us first. Another airline completely broke...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

They must refund to the Card which was used to make the original booking.

I got refunded by NOK Air one week after the fight should have been, directly into my Bkk Bank as I had used Debit card to pay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Always read the policy, if you find the policy says no refund, then you are stuck, if they give you an alternate flight in due course for no extra charge, then you will have to take it.

Put it down to experience, and perhaps decide whether you will fly them again, however if there policy says no refund, even if they cancelled it, put it down to experience, e.g. you not reading the policy.

The first flight was cancelled due to the Virus and moved at no cost, the second flight was cancelled due to the Virus and I decided to obtain a refund, the girl said " only refund to passenger" I told her " I booked and paid for the flight so I want the refund" " only refund to the passenger" whilst pointing at a notice about the Virus, "my Step Daughter not registered with Air Asia" " only refund passenger" I walked out not wishing to tell her what I was thinking!! 

I returned home and got the Step Daughter to register with Air Asia, returned to office where after a long time the refund was processed and was told it would take 30 days, I held my temper of which I am proud! 

Edited by Badrabbit
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

The first flight was cancelled due to the Virus and moved at no cost, the second flight was cancelled due to the Virus and I decided to obtain a refund, the girl said " only refund to passenger" I told her " I booked and paid for the flight so I want the refund" " only refund to the passenger" whilst pointing at a notice about the Virus, "my Step Daughter not registered with Air Asia" " only refund passenger" I walked out not wishing to tell her what I was thinking!! 

I returned home and got the Step Daughter to register with Air Asia, returned to office where after a long time the refund was processed and was told it would take 30 days, I held my temper of which I am proud! 

Kind of strange that they don't reimburse the card holder who purchased the tickets bu way of electronic transfer, anyway best of luck getting the refund via your step daughter.

I read something below, hope your refund doesn't take so long, that said, I would be writing to AirAsia to vent, might do you some good, but as for changing the policy, well if it helps, I got charged $60 about 15 years ago for booking through a different airlines call centre, but before I booked the tickets fully aware that there would be a charge, I told the guy booking the tickets that there website was down and I could book my tickets and if I could do it through their call centre without charge, yes was his reply, only to see the $60 charge when I looked at my statement, I rang them and was put through to the same guy who booked the tickets, he said, he agreed there should be no charge and asked me to right in, so I did, put his name down and the conversation we had and the reason I used the booking centre.

I rang a month later telling me that they have a huge backlog and was being processed, two months after that I got a letter saying they receive my letter and would reply in due course, long of the short never got a reply and decided to let it go and travelled with a different carrier for years, so that was their loss as far as I am concerned, albeit it I switched back to them a decade later because it's the only direct flight to where I want to go.

I tried to book 6 return international tickets through Thai airways website and every time I got to the end to pay, the system would not complete the booking, so after a thousand repeat attempts I rang them, we can book you here through our call centre sir, I asked the question, is there a fee, yes sir, 300 baht, I said but your system is not completing the booking, yes sir, we can book through us for 300 baht, I said 300 baht x 6 is 1,800 baht that you want to charge me because your system is not processing my booking, yes sir, I said, I tell you what, the 123,000 baht that I was about to spend to buy the tickets through your airline will go to another airline if you want to charge me the 1,800 baht, yes sir, 300 baht per ticket, I then hung up abruptly, now ask yourself why they are going broke, as for the 123,000 baht tickets, I booked with another airline for 80,000 baht, albeit it is a smaller plane, e,g, not the 747, A330, but I can live with that, besides more money in my pocket.

Do I like airlines, give you a guess and I can understand your rant.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k4317909-Can_i_get_any_compensation_when_Airasia_cancelled_my_flight-Air_Travel.html#:~:text=2) On flight cancellation due,(Check their conditions).

Had a KL in May cancelled, money was back in my account 2 weeks later, didn't have to do a thing, was emailed re the cancellation, another email a day later with a case number to track, money in 12 days after.

Edited by beechbum

11 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

I can do better with refunds, once ordered a  garage  door folding type, company said must pay IN  FULL first, Wife  paid  then the next day they said  door  is a  bit damaged was that ok!!

Cancelle d order, had to chase them for 2  months  to get refund.