Things are starting to look bad for us non-married guys waiting to get back into thailand..

11 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

TBH, I was being sarcastic .

I dont go to bars and pay for company even when bars are open

Ah...... OK, maybe I took it the wrong way, :sorry: but tbh there are quite a lot of people who are lost without bars just because that's all they ever do!

And that's not just in Thailand of course, before anyone thinks I'm "Thai-bashing".

Keep on keeping on...... ????????

Edited by VBF

On 6/18/2020 at 11:54 AM, CLS said:

I left the failed state called Thailand yesterday. Have enough of this madhouse. There are outbound flights. Suvarnabhumi looked like the apocalypse though.

6724DA33-BD1E-4F60-BB2B-014D1F0CC55C.jpeg

Are yoù going back,or gone for good?

On 6/18/2020 at 8:34 PM, Ron jeremy said:

I hear all this BS on this site of how great things are in Thailand and they are so happy they aren't stuck in the west. Curfews, beach closures, booze bans everything closed. I'm sure glad I got the fark out in time, friends stuck there assure me it was- is no place to be, and that I made the right decision going home to where things ARE great!

our government has takin great care of its people, monthly cheques, no one is starving lined up for food etc. 

i would say you were talking bs mate.

i dont know where you are, but if you are in the UK and you think things are great there, you need a check up from the neck up.

the beach was never closed here in Hua HIn, I stayed in the room for about 3 weeks, and had food delivered, no hardships there

now, everything is open apart from bars, and I dont need them anyway.

if you want to be in a country that has no clue how to protect the health of its people and have huge amounts of daily infections and deaths, even now, then that is up to you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Returning Thais go in 14 day state quarantine 

The same thing should be happening with Expats on Retirement Extensions stranded overseas whom have their Primary residence in Thailand,its outrageous that these people are not allowed back to their homes.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 6:15 PM, reallyaffiliated said:

Seems like you have plenty of experience with that lol

Next category allowed to enter Thailand will be business people and international teachers. This was released today in the news and also here at TV. People like you will be in the last category for sure. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Deli said:

Well, at least 12 % of the GDP, that's quite a part in Thailand. Plus all affilited business.

South European countries like Spain or Greece are even more depending on tourism, having been hit much harder by the Chinese virus but are almost all open.

people keep quoting the 12% but tell me why then if its that important are they not opening up? when europe has so they can get tourism going again and europe is still a lot worse off covid wise.  my theroy is thais are genuinely scared of it a lot more than most other nationalities they are gripped by total fear of it, whether or not that is logical  seeming as they got more chance of dying on the roads then they have of dying of covid 19.

Edited by paulikens
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The Thai government is not interested in tourism, whether the people are starving or unemployed, how strong or weak the baht is.

As long as the individuals in the government have their income stream kept up, and are able to keep control of the Thai people, nothing will ever change. 

yea i think u hit the nail on the head there, the one thing i dont understand is why thais dont ever complain about the government i know they have had coups before, but it seems they are letting this government do absolutely anything they want..... surely something will give soon?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, paulikens said:

people keep quoting the 12% but tell me why then if its that important are they not opening up? when europe has so they can get tourism going again and europe is still a lot worse off covid wise.  my theroy is thais are genuinely scared of it a lot more than most other nationalities they are gripped by total fear of it, whether or not that is logical  seeming as they got more chance of dying on the roads then they have of dying of covid 19.

21.6% in 2018, I think they would not be able to cope with a large outbreak of needing ICU beds.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paulikens said:

The health system.

1 hour ago, Jimbo53 said:

The same thing should be happening with Expats on Retirement Extensions stranded overseas whom have their Primary residence in Thailand,its outrageous that these people are not allowed back to their homes.

Where you passport is from is where your home is 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, joecoolfrog said:

Enlighten us as to what precisely Thailand has done to safeguard its citizens that the UK did not.

Closed the borders to foreigners entering , the UK still allows people into the UK from highly infected areas .

Closed down all public transport .

Enforced curfews 

Edited by CorpusChristie
  • Haha 1

one gent says it's best time  for playing with ladies in 10 ,years.  low prices,  just use apps.  . 

here in Utah  my life is good. I'm doing many things around the house.  to busy to fish. Biking  lots.   we had our highest daily case number yesterday. 500+.  many places having highest numbers.  Florida had 2000+ YESTERDAY.  When the president is in denial many of his believers believe him and don't believe the virus is dangerous. I see many older people in the stores without masks, many stores do not require you to wear masks.  They never checked temperatures  anywhere. restuarants could open May 15.  Death toll is published daily.   Utah running at 0.9%.  5000 tests a day, positive rate  approaching 10% up from 5%. at least in Thailand they enforce the rules and people listen to the rules more than here. Tourism might account for 20% of GDP in Thailand but 80%  of GDP without covid-19 is much better than what it would be if there is some tourism but disruption with so much covid-19.   this would be worse than a 20% cut in GDP. 

It's been 5 months since I left Thailand and I'm missing my girlfriend a lot. Chances are probably best we will get her K1 visa and come to see me before I can travel to Thailand.  But it possible she sees all this racism and protests, and may not want to come live in a country  that looks like chaos. many of my thai friends  see USA in the news and their impression is not good.   

I believe the thai government is enjoying there strengthening grip. All the leaders and HiSo like their current lifestyle.  Money  and a low covid Thailand  with  high baht is just fine to them.  Low traffic for the BMW or Merc.  Most likely most of them did not approve of Thailand being the sex capital of the world and having to see all these bar girls walking around with old fat white guys.    I think Thailand is fundamentally changed going forward maybe for the better. 

Edited by Elkski
  • Sad 1

On 6/18/2020 at 6:04 PM, paulikens said:

funny how so many people say thailand relies heavily on tourism they obviously dont. one of the most covid free countries in the world and still not letting anyone in,yet europe open as usual, so who really relies on tourism more

I wonder whether you got it that the idea is to keep Covid out. There may not be too much of it inside Thailand, but there is a hell of a threat in America, India, etc. We don't want their infection to wipe out all the good work achieve by the people living here. 

So if you asked me, there should be only piecemeal international travel with stringent quarantine measures, until the rest of the world achieves, Korean, Taiwanese, Singaporean or Thai standards.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The Thai government is not interested in tourism, whether the people are starving or unemployed, how strong or weak the baht is.

As long as the individuals in the government have their income stream kept up, and are able to keep control of the Thai people, nothing will ever change. 

If tourism is 12-20% of the economy, don't you think they would want a piece of that action? Incredibly greedy people would never turn down the opportunity to nab an extra 10+% whereever they could.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mrfill said:

If tourism is 12-20% of the economy, don't you think they would want a piece of that action? Incredibly greedy people would never turn down the opportunity to nab an extra 10+% whereever they could.

good observation. if the Thai governement really would be a bunch of greedy idiots who dont care about the people only about their own pockets (as is the opinion of many forum farang) they wouldnt close Thailand instead let the tourist money pour in as usual. 

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2020 at 7:15 AM, reallyaffiliated said:

Seems like you have plenty of experience with that lol

I religously send my GF 50 baht every month...she had asked me several years ago if I would sponsor her...I said yes, and so am now stuick with sending her that stipend every month. These girls make a killing doing nothing...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, billybog said:

I religously send my GF 50 baht every month...she had asked me several years ago if I would sponsor her...I said yes, and so am now stuick with sending her that stipend every month. These girls make a killing doing nothing...

I assume you mean 50k baht that is doing the killing.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

I wonder whether you got it that the idea is to keep Covid out. There may not be too much of it inside Thailand, but there is a hell of a threat in America, India, etc. We don't want their infection to wipe out all the good work achieve by the people living here. 

So if you asked me, there should be only piecemeal international travel with stringent quarantine measures, until the rest of the world achieves, Korean, Taiwanese, Singaporean or Thai standards.

it has been there since december if not longer and they had hoardes of chinese there then. so it looks like it doesnt seem to breed in thailand.why is unclear. it could be because of the climate but then brazil have been hit hard so there must be other factors but who knows what.or maybe unknowingly it was herd immunity.  

21 hours ago, mrfill said:

well obviously they dont cuz thats why there shut to tourism

On 6/18/2020 at 5:19 PM, pixelaoffy said:

Can't be many places outside Thailand that are so bad ! The country isnt favourable to foreigners at this time! You can't go anywhere without a facemask and bars are closed .oh and rainy season starting . why be here ?

Right all these lovely ladies and the weather cooling. Terrible place Thailand is now.

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2020 at 4:42 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Neither my Wife nor I use a space before punctuation. Thats just one of the many things we have in common.

Given your comments above it would seem doubtful you’ve had the pleasure of enjoying the company of well educated Thai lady and instead think all Thai women are for ’short time’..... 

This comment is just as bad as the one it quoted. So....a Thai lady has to be well educated in order for one to enjoy her company? Not so. 

22 minutes ago, puchooay said:
On 6/18/2020 at 4:42 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Neither my Wife nor I use a space before punctuation. Thats just one of the many things we have in common.

Given your comments above it would seem doubtful you’ve had the pleasure of enjoying the company of well educated Thai lady and instead think all Thai women are for ’short time’..... 

This comment is just as bad as the one it quoted. So....a Thai lady has to be well educated in order for one to enjoy her company? Not so. 

Agreed... but you missed my point...

• Like 1