Things are starting to look bad for us non-married guys waiting to get back into thailand..

30 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

I hear all this BS on this site of how great things are in Thailand and they are so happy they aren't stuck in the west. Curfews, beach closures, booze bans everything closed. I'm sure glad I got the fark out in time, friends stuck there assure me it was- is no place to be, and that I made the right decision going home to where things ARE great!

our government has takin great care of its people, monthly cheques, no one is starving lined up for food etc. 

Looking at your screen name, i can understand your pain.

3 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Totally agree. If I knew this was going to happen I would have 'planned' to have been outside and then got 'stuck' outside, and had a proper break from all the nonsense in this country.

I disagree.

What country is better in this pandepanic ? Can not see ONE, except Sueden... Not France, not USA, not China, not Brazil, not India, for sure. Etc. Many worst countries i think.

At least in Thailand there has been no stay at prison home order, but a small curfew.

My point is it's (still) the easiest country to rent a condo with no ton of requirements, same for motorcycle, it's a quiet country (compare to Philipines, Colombia, Vietnam, etc. witch i know for being full of noise all the time), and people are (still) polite and safe, and honest.

But i am not saying anything else : what country has managed this world nonsense better ?

For the OP : my bet would be when there will be a vaccine and you accept to get shoot. Such a panic does not go away easily.

Edited by Sambotte
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Yep then when panic hits everything closed down you will die of boredom. Of course you always could get married. 

????????????

No thank you . Marriage ultimate boredom .

What can foreigners possibly have in common , with a thai wife .

Short time , ok ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Oz tourism minister said today 2021. I'm here now in hotel quarantine and looking forward to the next 6 months but understand some guys are distraught at the prospect

Just words.

What will be different 2021? Nothing !!!! Same situation as now with the virus. There will be a time that countries like OZ or Thailand will be forced to realize that life goes on.

No 3rd world war! No Ebola.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

No,

Europe and the USA are aware of the impact and the need to get the world economy going again which is also a balancing act to protect the health of the population.

Also these countries have gone into massive debt funding programmes  such as mortgage holidays,  reduced credit card interest, amnesties on people exceeding overdraft limits, furloughing staff etc 

This is because they care about their citizens and invest in them.

That doesn't happen in THAILAND,  Laos and others in the region who do not give a damn about their people or the hardships they are suffering.

Your post is shallow and ill thought out as well as inaccurate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

No,

Europe and the USA are aware of the impact and the need to get the world economy going again which is also a balancing act to protect the health of the population.

Also these countries have gone into massive debt funding programmes  such as mortgage holidays,  reduced credit card interest, amnesties on people exceeding overdraft limits, furloughing staff etc 

This is because they care about their citizens and invest in them.

That doesn't happen in THAILAND,  Laos and others in the region who do not give a damn about their people or the hardships they are suffering.

Your post is shallow and ill thought out as well as inaccurate. 

your post is totally irrelevant to my point.   thailand does not rely on tourism as much as people make out that is totally obvious 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ron jeremy said:

I hear all this BS on this site of how great things are in Thailand and they are so happy they aren't stuck in the west. Curfews, beach closures, booze bans everything closed. I'm sure glad I got the fark out in time, friends stuck there assure me it was- is no place to be, and that I made the right decision going home to where things ARE great!

our government has takin great care of its people, monthly cheques, no one is starving lined up for food etc. 

Opinions differ. My freedom of movement here is far more liberal than it would be in Australia. I have my son there to assure me it is so.

Curfews don't matter to me, I'm not on the roads at those hours anyway. The booze bans were readily circumvented, I could buy alcohol at the shop in my GF's village any time I felt like it. I played golf right through the lockdown, which I certainly could not have done in Australia.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

@reallyaffiliated

The July 1 opening is only for a few countries. Out of these few countries, only selected people like professors, work permit holders will be allowed in.

Try again in Aug 1 whether they will allow retirees and people married to Thai from selected countries.

Try again in Sep 1 whether they will allow tourists from travel bubble.

You keep on knocking but you can,t come in,come back tomorrow night and try again.......little richard

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saakura said:

Congratulations!!!!! Which utopia have you reached, UK, USA, Spain, Italy??? Dosen't matter. Anywhere out of dangerous failed bankrupt violent Thailand is safer for you. 

None of these countries.
Back to a civilized, democratic country that respects human rights. Where people are educated and the average IQ is over 100. 

None of these attributes are true for the failed state called Thailand.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CLS said:

None of these countries.
Back to a civilized, democratic country that respects human rights. Where people are educated and the average IQ is over 100. 

None of these attributes are true for the failed state called Thailand.

So clever people out on the streets protesting about whatever , and then wonder why so many people are dieing because of the virus  

24 minutes ago, kingdong said:

You keep on knocking but you can,t come in,come back tomorrow night and try again.......little richard

Keep knocking doors, keep trying. Persistence made me really wealthy. I truly believe everything is possible if you keep trying. I'll find a way. No worries little Kingdong.

2 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Hell no, beautiful Canada, things barely even blinked here, few industries were hit hard, such as service, other than that, most never stopped working, all normal, sunny out, clean air I can breathe, great fishing , overnight camping allowed. Interprovincial travel. Got another government cheque yesterday, in lieu of my week off. Cold beer always available. Life's good.

Yes, I don't know anything about Canada I live in OZ most places are open again

with some restrictions apart from closed boarders in some states.

I am actually better of since Covid-19 started. I get paid more 2 lump some payments

from the government on top of my pension and many other things. I am not worried

about pubs or restaurants since I don't go out very often anyway.

• Like 1

TV tonight in UK was saying they are doing more tests on vaccine and are looking at a potential start of vaccination in Autumn for all those over 55.

So I'd plan late Autumn early winter at the earliest.

Sure hope so, as my visa is up in January and I miss my wife and kid

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

TV tonight in UK was saying they are doing more tests on vaccine and are looking at a potential start of vaccination in Autumn for all those over 55.

So I'd plan late Autumn early winter at the earliest.

Sure hope so, as my visa is up in January and I miss my wife and kid

I don't think vaccines would be available that soon. Moderna and Sinovac are the only two companies entering phase 3 trials in the next month or two, if successful they need to be approved by the regulators, then the vaccine produced and distributed and so on... in perfect conditions maybe early 2021.

7 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Hell no, beautiful Canada, things barely even blinked here, few industries were hit hard, such as service, other than that, most never stopped working, all normal, sunny out, clean air I can breathe, great fishing , overnight camping allowed. Interprovincial travel. Got another government cheque yesterday, in lieu of my week off. Cold beer always available. Life's good.

All good, but the summer there is only 2 weeks....

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, daveAustin said:

lol, hook, line and sinker. You are confused. I bet you also believe only a handful of people were gunned down in Tiananmen? That Europe is starting to reopen is about getting economies and people going as opposed to having to for tourism's sake. The numbnuts that currently make the rules in Thailand are not affected and have an agenda.

Op, it'll all be good to go in time for the high season for sure. They'll have anyone in.

well i hope you're right about high season but i have my doubts, they dont exactly seem to be in a rush to let anyone in at all.   and what is the agenda then?     also its funny how everyone claims the thais are money mad but they are not letting anyone in, and are actually more worried about their citizens health than money,even tho thats thai logic for ya  as theres been 6000 deaths on the road so far this year. and as we know a tiny amount of deaths from covid 19.  

• Like 1