'Taking the knee' seems to be from Game of Thrones - UK foreign minister

snoop1130

49 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've generally found white folk less likely to participate in low level criminal activity than blacks.

I've also found Asian folk less likely to participate in low level criminal activity than whites.

Living in Asia has given me the opportunity to see how good life without all the low-level crime can be.

Very little petty theft, vandalism, graffiti, break-ins and almost no risk of mugging really improves ones life. 

Nobody wants to live in a black neighbourhood, not even black people.

this is why they're so angry

52 minutes ago, Foghorn said:

It was the white man that made the world modern, most of the great inventions were from white man . I’m not nocking the coloured , just responding to the white haters

And here we go with the certifiable nonsense. I am a white man. I can call out "my people" for their past and present crimes. But as I stated few white men have the stomach for it. Hence the juvenile baiting. White haters. Sheer nonsense. Sheer intolerance of criticism. 

Your honor, I rest my case. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foghorn said:

And I know many coloured that are lazy and use it as an excuse for all of their failures, the coloured that I know who are successful usually agree with me

my old boss would agree ,he was black ,but thought most who ever worked for him were lazy b-stards . and i am not making that up .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

For once, I must agree with a member of the government. You don't need to show tokenism to have conviction. Over the past few months I never stood on my doorstep and clapped for the NHS as my neighbours did. That doesn't mean that I care any less, or have less appreciation for key workers, but that I have never understood or felt comfortable with group gestures. This is a non-story. 

Fair comment and as a  member of the public we all have that right.  Trouble with this is that Raab didn't say this privately, he said it as a government spokesman.  It was said mockingly in a statement to the press.  Another example of this arrogant prat opening his mouth and putting his foot in it.  Maybe I should say that he is my MP so I do have some personal experience of him. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Fair comment and as a  member of the public we all have that right.  Trouble with this is that Raab didn't say this privately, he said it as a government spokesman.  It was said mockingly in a statement to the press.  Another example of this arrogant prat opening his mouth and putting his foot in it.  Maybe I should say that he is my MP so I do have some personal experience of him. 

Personally, I think there are multiple valid reasons to criticise him; this, I think, is a distraction from the far bigger sins of the cabinet. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

A few racist thugs is not a backlash. Most British people are all talk and no action.

Says who?

Just ask the Germans, French, or Argentinians cock.

Most British people are tolerant, reserved, don't like extremists and think before communicating (unlike you it seems). But push to far and see what happens. 

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

Two possibilities, I think - either Dominic Raab was being deliberately disingenuous to score a political point (which is always possible) or it shows a shocking lack of awareness and knowledge of what is going on in the world (equally possible).

It's quite clear to anyone with the slightest grasp of world affairs that "taking a knee" in the current BLM context is nothing at all to do with references to "bending the knee" in the Game of Thrones TV series, or the idea of kneeling as a sign of subjugation.

As the picture posted earlier of Martin Luther King taking a knee many decades ago shows, it has a long history as a symbolic gesture in the context of the US civil rights movement. It also has a history in US sports of being used as a show of support and concern for an injured team mate or co-competitor.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Like what? Just speaking, as usual, as I find.

Like a deflection from the heinous crimes of white men and white civilization in just the past century? Why is it so hard for white men to take responsibility for the shortcomings of their race? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

the whole thing has become ridiculous ,so best consigned to history or do you have feign respect for a hoodlum that has no respect fot the law and got shot for resisting arrest

I do have some sympathy for people of any colour mistreated by the police.

But not enough sympathy to trash my history, culture and civilisation because of it.

Edited by BritManToo

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. It seems entertainers, mostly well paid rich ones, seem to think it's a good way to keep in the public eye and/or get more fans. Whilst politicians see it as a way of getting more votes.

All relatively well off, with nice standards of living. 

To be honest I don't think it's as cynical as that.These people - often highly intelligent and well intentioned - genuinely think they are doing the right thing. The Atlantic slave trade was a curse and it has stunted the social and cultural capital of millions living today. The challenge is to tackle these present day problems full on and avoid histrionics and virtue signalling.As Joseph Conrad said of the protagonist in his novel 'Victory' - "It is by folly alone that the world moves, and so it is a respectable thing upon the whole.And besides, he was what one would call a good man."

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

why do they not act against the still active KINGDOMS that enslaved the people and profited from them ?

GREAT BRITAIN (enslaved half the world) , FRANCE (Africa, Asia, but no more kings since 1789), The Netherlands (Asia), BELGIUM (Congo), Portugal (enslaved Brazil), Spain (most S-America & Tropical Island), etc...

You forgot the CCP. China.

• Like 1

It's getting harder every day not to hate. Just speaking from the heart folks. It's never been the way I thought but it's where I am heading. In the face of insanity I will not capitulate to the mob. There is no evidence - I mean none - of black Americans being disproportionately killed by the police in the USA.

There are those however who wish to make it seem so. If a white man is killed by the police it simply is not news. Police forces in the USA are integrated, our largest cities have black mayors, black police chiefs. Even when the offending officer in a death of a black man is himself black it is called racism. It simply is insanity. Racism is likewise holding up groups of people as being beyond racism as if they possess noble humanity that only they alone possess. There is black racism that flows through the BLM movement, you only have to attend one of there rallies to see it for yourself first hand. Any of you done that?

There seems to be a belief spreading now across Europe, borne in the USA,  that the white man now needs to atone for previous sins of slavery, colonization, and whatever other sin can be thought of. Therefore all of our forefathers monuments must be torn down, and destroyed from our collective memories, as if all men are either good or evil in totality.

I owe no "race" anything. Not even my own. I reject identity politics, but identity politics eventually forces one to take an identity simply for protection. When that happens God help all of those who think its a good thing.

The microcosmic example of this is jail, or prison where people are simply forced to segregate themselves to survive. When nations begin to foster and develop political parties based upon ethnicity, for local power, that only develops into a furthered quest eventually of autonomy of region, and finally complete and total separation. This results in National weakness, and finally to be overcome by an outside invader which suffers from no such fragmentation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damual Travesty said:

It's getting harder every day not to hate. Just speaking from the heart folks. It's never been the way I thought but it's where I am heading. In the face of insanity I will not capitulate to the mob. There is no evidence - I mean none - of black Americans being disproportionately killed by the police in the USA

There is copious evidence. Every single published set of statistics shows this. Here is just one example.IMG_20200604_111740.thumb.png.f6334d1d5b5e7ad59811911b06c9edf6.png

Police shootings database

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

There is copious evidence. Every single published set of statistics shows this. Here is just one example.IMG_20200604_111740.thumb.png.f6334d1d5b5e7ad59811911b06c9edf6.png

Perhaps you could also post a chart describing the crime rate of blacks as against whites to make it a bit more clear.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I notice that this does not mention if the police officer that did the shooting is white.  The people who use such statistics would have you think that a black police officer shooting a black man is racism.

Also, If you fail to account for the propensity of black Americans to commit violent crime you fail to have a real statistic. Look up the black on black murder rate. From that you will learn that it is far more likely that a black man is killed by another black man then it is he will be killed by a white police officer - and that statistic is in the multiple. 

Further from the statistic you posted from the WP the following is stated:

"Police shootings have taken place in every state and have occurred more frequently in cities where populations are concentrated. States with the highest rates of shootings are New Mexico, Alaska and Oklahoma."

Forgive me but if police shootings take place more frequently in cities of concentrated populations then how can that possibly be New Mexico, Alaska, and OKlahoma?  Shouldn't I be reading NYC Chicago and St louis? Or are they also claiming that Alaska is densely populated?

There is no racist national police force in the USA. There is no statistics showing that black men are shot in greater propensity, and there is no reason for any of this rioting.  None!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Only white people? Perhaps you need to educate yourself as to the crimes of black people, such as selling their own to slave traders.

BTW of what colour are those committing crimes against humanity in the DR Congo? What colour was Idi Amin? What colour was Mugabe?

These people are insane. The idea of attacking a race for anything is in and of itself  crazy. All people regardless of their skin colour are human beings, and violence is something we are all always trying to keep under control. Historically, everyone is guilty of murder and every other atrocity. The idea that anyone should apologize for the acts of generations previous is frightening to have crept into the discourse of what should be rational. Such ideas are definitely not rational and should be feared. I for one am very afraid. A flight from the cities has begun.  

• Like 1