Desperate times for Thai small businesses.

Lacessit

54 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Early start on the amber nectar today?

It's a non-drinking day, but thanks for your concern. Nice to know I can still get the occasional one through to the wicketkeeper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

With 10k/month rent she should have walked 3 months back.

Once they started shipping people home, there was no point in her continuing.

You may be right. The shop I regularly go to ( not on a main street ) pays 4500 baht/month in rent, and gets Thai customers.

Perhaps I should have said the businesses depending on farang customers, and on premium real estate, are the ones in deep doo-doo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

It's a non-drinking day, but thanks for your concern. Nice to know I can still get the occasional one through to the wicketkeeper.

You might have crept one past the wicket keeper,but you didn,t do so well about the ho in the massage parlour,still try and get over it it was only 100baht still you,'ve done the right thing in starting a post,a problem aired is a problem shared.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Don't bruise yourself jumping to conclusions. As she is 59 years old, even if she was a ho, she's well past it now.

Are you dyslexic when it comes to reading numbers? Post#10 states the extra amount was 50 baht.

When did I say it was a problem to me?

Your first post stated she had 200 baht out of you,you said you wanted half an hour,but she did an hour that would lead one to believe the rate for half an hour was 100 baht,anyway it was a rivetting post,you got duffed for 100 baht and her son was a drone,you couldn,t make it up,stand by Hollywood will shortly be in touch for the film rights,in the meantime watch out for the paparazzi.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The fee for half an hour was 150 baht.

A drone is a male bee. As they do no work, and their only function is to fertilize the queen, they are a synonym for laziness.

If you want to do sarcasm, it should be used like a rapier, not as a bludgeon.

You might want to brush up on your spelling and punctuation skills. The space bar on your keyboard does not seem to be working either.

Started up a "go find me " for your lost 50 baht?

10 hours ago, kingdong said:

You might have crept one past the wicket keeper,but you didn,t do so well about the ho in the massage parlour,still try and get over it it was only 100baht still you,'ve done the right thing in starting a post,a problem aired is a problem shared.

An utterly appalling post "about the ho in the massage parlour"

Real classy stuff.

• Like 2

Just now, kingdong said:

We have a white knight in our midst

Is that a royal "we" or do you just love the act of typing BS in the morning?

As for being a white knight I just tended to stay away from white,western, male moral degenerates in Thailand-it meant for a much nicer experience.

And now back to the OP's original point-yes the businesses are hurting-at least up my way they are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

As for being a white knight I just tended to stay away from white,western, male moral degenerates in Thailand-it meant for a much nicer experience.

And now back to the OP's original point-yes the businesses are hurting-at least up my way they are.

I can,t help being an old romantic,and on your last point if businesses are hurting perhaps they should stop scamming punters.And never forget you,'re just a guest in someone else's country.

On 6/19/2020 at 6:19 PM, bkk6060 said:

Geez, how long have you been in Thailand?  You fell for the old: you only customer today trick?

Sure.  Why did you fall for it and not speak up?  All she needs is 2 victims like you each day and she has paid her rent for the month.

That may be the case .. but not much to live on .... and that would entail working 7 days a week ... I say she would need 3 or 4 per day to pay the rent and to make a living ...

Moving to a lower cost location would certainly help ...

2 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

image.png.98c5163bc858a194cae827255f14a036.png

That may be the case .. but not much to live on .... and that would entail working 7 days a week ... I say she would need 3 or 4 per day to pay the rent and to make a living ...

Moving to a lower cost location would certainly help ...

So might putting happy endings on the menu.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

If she takes her false teeth out you might enjoy it

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

If she takes her false teeth out you might enjoy it

Her track record for scamming punters she's probably got a mouthful of gold teeth.

7 minutes ago, baansgr said:

She should increase her prices to cover lost revenue...bars(restaurants) in Jomtien have already upped their prices for beer

Why not,that really will finish tourism off,at 38baht=£1 you,'re paying London pub prices in a third world country.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Typing bs  in the morning? it's 01.00 sounds like you were scammed with that Rolex watch,take it back and get your 100 baht back.