Desperate times for Thai small businesses.

Lacessit

14 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Did someone not tell you about the birds and the bees?

My gik Thai GF said the Bees have to pay the Birds for Boom Boom..Birds name is Nok btw......I argued that she should be a "worker bee" and I'll be the Bird..Woody Woodpecker.     Thank you-I'll let myself out...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Your last sentence is a load of rubbish, us expats are not a guest in this country, I sure would not like to be a guest in your house if you are happy with the way the Thai government treats you.

Agree. We are paying customers, not guests. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

Don,t say that! The OP had trouble recently with a massage lady who wanted a relationship !  Too risky .

Nice to know someone is keeping track. The situation has been amicably resolved without further risk to me, if you wanted an update.

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The fee for half an hour was 150 baht.

A drone is a male bee. As they do no work, and their only function is to fertilize the queen, they are a synonym for laziness.

If you want to do sarcasm, it should be used like a rapier, not as a bludgeon.

You might want to brush up on your spelling and punctuation skills. The space bar on your keyboard does not seem to be working either.

I am enjoying your debate with Kingdong, but he is probably not a Native English Speaker, so don't hold that against him.

Edited by possum1931
  • Haha 1

Ah, desperate times indeed. Her son, and other young Thai men like him looking for something to do, might like to know about all the recent openings in construction, as the workers from Myanmar have returned home in the tens of thousands. Hmm.

Your dear masseuse might also like to know about the recent statement by the tourism minister, who sees the reopening of the borders as an opportunity to make Thailand a five star destination for rich tourists only. I wonder where her place, and all the bar and restaurant employees' places might be in such a five star paradise. She and her friends might like to let him know how they feel about that. Hmm.

Heh, regarding all the "boom boom" comments, years ago I was after a legit massage to soothe my aching feet after walking up and down Sukhumvit. I popped into one of those places with all the beckoning pretty girls. Just a foot massage, please. I got it, but then soon after, I also got a lot of begging and pleading for 1000 baht boom boom, as she had two kids and yadda yadda. She wasn't too old or bad looking, but sorry, that sorta thing just doesn't put me in the mood. I kicked her an extra 100, and said dinner was on me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

As for being a white knight I just tended to stay away from white,western, male moral degenerates in Thailand-it meant for a much nicer experience.

Yet you come on here to 'chat' with such ghastly characters, and in turn get very easily offended. I'd stay away, will be a much nicer experience.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

My gik Thai GF said the Bees have to pay the Birds for Boom Boom..Birds name is Nok btw......I argued that she should be a "worker bee" and I'll be the Bird..Woody Woodpecker.     Thank you-I'll let myself out...

Thank you for the cerebral contribution.

26 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Thanks for the advice!

However I shall continue to post my opinions as I have always done..

Curiously enough I think that that the OP started out with a very good post-the Thais are financially hurting big time-but has been trashed along the way which has been happening quite a lot on TVF of late.

Awww, never mind. Worse things have happened at sea.

48 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Thanks for the advice!

However I shall continue to post my opinions as I have always done..

Curiously enough I think that that the OP started out with a very good post-the Thais are financially hurting big time-but has been trashed along the way which has been happening quite a lot on TVF of late.

Thanks, I don't worry too much about the trolls, it's just a matter of stepping around them like dog turds on the footpath.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I've lived in Thailand for ten years. I can converse quite well in Thai. And I have no reason to not believe her, as the streets of Chiang Rai are almost empty of any farang presence. Thais go to the more out of the way shops, as they are cheaper.

I didn't fall for it. I let it go because she was pretty good, and I'm not going to obsess over 50 baht.

If you want to be negative, would you mind doing it somewhere else?

And instead of writing about a 'scam', I'd have heard her story and given her double the 'scam' fee. It's not like you didn't believe her and you can't afford it. Can you?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Your last sentence is a load of rubbish, us expats are not a guest in this country, I sure would not like to be a guest in your house if you are happy with the way the Thai government treats you.

What are you on about?

7 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Ah, desperate times indeed. Her son, and other young Thai men like him looking for something to do, might like to know about all the recent openings in construction, as the workers from Myanmar have returned home in the tens of thousands. Hmm.

Your dear masseuse might also like to know about the recent statement by the tourism minister, who sees the reopening of the borders as an opportunity to make Thailand a five star destination for rich tourists only. I wonder where her place, and all the bar and restaurant employees' places might be in such a five star paradise. She and her friends might like to let him know how they feel about that. Hmm.

Heh, regarding all the "boom boom" comments, years ago I was after a legit massage to soothe my aching feet after walking up and down Sukhumvit. I popped into one of those places with all the beckoning pretty girls. Just a foot massage, please. I got it, but then soon after, I also got a lot of begging and pleading for 1000 baht boom boom, as she had two kids and yadda yadda. She wasn't too old or bad looking, but sorry, that sorta thing just doesn't put me in the mood. I kicked her an extra 100, and said dinner was on me.

Thailand took the p**s out of its tourists for far too long,now the gravy trains hit the buffers,it s realised how dependant they were on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvetsKram said:

In our village in korat all small business is bleeding,  my wife has a hair salon,  quietest time ever

Yes I believe that, my friend had a hair salon in Pattaya and had to close down

the landlord would not lower the rent, with my help she opened up another

salon and she is just surviving. Small business is struggling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

lucky there's a few mere mortals otherwise prop!e like you wouldn,t be magnificent.anyway glad you,'ve got over the trauma of being duffed for 50 baht,put it behind you and look to the future,life's too short.

Post #44

22 hours ago, baansgr said:

She should increase her prices to cover lost revenue...bars(restaurants) in Jomtien have already upped their prices for beer

Why wouldn't they. I mean these times are tough for customers as well, but they must think the idiots will fork out.

Will this work??? Maybe

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2020 at 7:12 AM, kingdong said:

And never forget you,'re just a guest in someone else's country.

What on earth has that to do with the tales of woe of a small business built around a "falang" customer base which has all but disappeared?

You will soon be demanding that if we don't like it here we should " go home"!

Incidentally, if it is the "foot massage" establishment I think Lacessit is talking about, the lady is not a "ho". To find them go on down the main street, turn left after Watson's and they will be 300 metres on your left, half a dozen or so massage shops opposite the big hotel - if that helps!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1