Raids on gold shops uncover Bt200bn money laundering operation

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Time to grow said:

China has already started trials in select cities and other nations are scrambling to catch up. I would wager a bet that you will be using digital money before the year is up.

I will take the other side of that bet.

2 hours ago, timendres said:
3 hours ago, Time to grow said:

China has already started trials in select cities and other nations are scrambling to catch up. I would wager a bet that you will be using digital money before the year is up.

I will take the other side of that bet.

Your reply implies that you are unaware of the financial revolution at the door. If this is the case, you are about to miss the boat for the greatest wealth transfer the world has ever seen. Don't take my word for it, research the "Internet of Value" or "Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC)" yourself. Change is coming fast and it's likely to catch many off guard.

Media have ways of blowing up a story

Not all shops would  he involved 

The police shall question them 

Check if their assets match their income 

Allot of them shall be set free

Just a complaint  from someone 

First police questions check then possibly send ccourt

13 hours ago, Time to grow said:
On 6/20/2020 at 5:19 PM, Bob A Kneale said:
On 6/20/2020 at 8:49 AM, car720 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens when everyone must use digital money.

None of us will be around to see that!

You'd wager a wager?  Bet a bet?

Anyhow, it depends on what you're defining as "digital money" but, in the context of the post to which I responded to...

"It will be interesting to see what happens when everyone must use digital money"...

...you'd lose that bet.

8 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:
13 hours ago, Time to grow said:
On 6/20/2020 at 5:19 PM, Bob A Kneale said:
On 6/20/2020 at 8:49 AM, car720 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens when everyone must use digital money.

None of us will be around to see that!

You'd wager a wager?  Bet a bet?

Anyhow, it depends on what you're defining as "digital money" but, in the context of the post to which I responded to...

"It will be interesting to see what happens when everyone must use digital money"...

...you'd lose that bet.

Currencies are already digital as evidenced by banking apps, credit cards, etc. Obviously, that is not the meaning behind "digital currencies" in this context. I would have thought that it goes without saying, "digital currencies" in this context refers to proprietary CBDC's or Central Bank Digital Currencies.

As I mentioned, China has started implementing a CBDC in select regions. And if you think the Americans, Europeans, Japanese, are going to sit back and watch, you are sorely mistaken. America in particular views this development as a direct threat to Dollar hegemony.

I take the term "must use" to indicate that CBDC's will be the best option by a considerable margin but not necessarily the only option. Taxes will be due in CBDC's for example. Technically, if you manage to barter your hog manure for coconut husks, you may not be required "must use" CBDC's but only a lawyer would argue that question.

Regarding digital currencies they will happen sooner rather than later. There is little doubt the banksters would like a reset of the currency as they have almost sucked all the life out of the U.S. dollar and their reckless actions with derivatives and others have left the financial world in a crisis.  And what is great about a digital fiat currency is that you can create money out of thin air and the flipside is you can track all purchases and actions by the user.  

Edited by tlandtday

10 hours ago, Time to grow said:

Your reply implies that you are unaware of the financial revolution at the door. If this is the case, you are about to miss the boat for the greatest wealth transfer the world has ever seen. Don't take my word for it, research the "Internet of Value" or "Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC)" yourself. Change is coming fast and it's likely to catch many off guard.

And, according to your own link:

In a testimony to Congress in February 2020, Fed Chair Jerome Powell said, “t may be many more years before the Fed reveals any details of its research and development on a digital dollar to date, as we hope there would be many rounds of public consultation before any kind of official announcement or rollout.” 

As for "the greatest wealth transfer the world has ever seen", how exactly does digitizing my dollar involve a transfer of wealth?

Edited by timendres

56 minutes ago, timendres said:

As for "the greatest wealth transfer the world has ever seen", how exactly does digitizing my dollar involve a transfer of wealth?

As your dollar is being printed in infinite quantities, it's remaining value is destined to vaporize in a flash of inflation. If you are long the Dollar, you are in for a rude awakening but the days of all fiat currencies have all but ended. One solution being put forward by the central bankers of the world are Central Bank Digital Currencies. Regardless of what happens, a paradigm shift is upon us.

One prominent and outspoken trader, Alasdair Macleod is anticipating a significant banking crisis by August and the death of the US Dollar by the end of the year. I think this is much faster than most people envision but even if he is wrong by several months or even a year, it's still going to catch many off guard.

As I said, do your own research, don't take my word for it. All I can do is warn you the house is on fire. If you choose to disregard or dismiss the warning without researching yourself, that is your prerogative. Most wont research themselves but cry bloody murder after the fact that no one warned them.

I fully acknowledge that my thoughts are with the minority. I know I am not going to change your opinion and you are most likely to write me off as a tin foil hatter. That being said, I can move forward with a clear conscience and little sympathy for whining after the fact. 

• Like 1

What the title means is that they gradually funnelled 200 billion baht worth of drug money through the cash flows of multiple jewellery shops.

Obviously this was over a period of time,

but the total assets at the time of seizure were worth 70 million baht.

5 hours ago, timendres said:

And, according to your own link:

In a testimony to Congress in February 2020, Fed Chair Jerome Powell said, “t may be many more years before the Fed reveals any details of its research and development on a digital dollar to date, as we hope there would be many rounds of public consultation before any kind of official announcement or rollout.” 

Two items I missed previously; Firstly, I don't think I provided any links. Maybe you are referring to the key words I offered?

Secondly, the Fed Chair's job is to lie. To be a cheerleader for the economy at any cost, to do everything in his power to buoy the financial economy. If you think the Fed Chair is a credible source of anything, you are being mislead like a sheep to the slaughter house. What possible motivation would the Fed have to tell you, me, the plebs, the truth? It would be counterproductive and the gig would be up before he put a punctuation mark on it.

But hay, what do I know? If you want to follow the guidance of Jerome Powell, be my guest. He is far more qualified in economics than I will ever be. May as well stay long the Dollar, buy the dip, and not fight the Fed, just like mainstream media insists. Best of luck to you and yours.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 4:21 PM, Time to grow said:

Currencies are already digital as evidenced by banking apps, credit cards, etc. Obviously, that is not the meaning behind "digital currencies" in this context. I would have thought that it goes without saying, "digital currencies" in this context refers to proprietary CBDC's or Central Bank Digital Currencies.

As I mentioned, China has started implementing a CBDC in select regions. And if you think the Americans, Europeans, Japanese, are going to sit back and watch, you are sorely mistaken. America in particular views this development as a direct threat to Dollar hegemony.

I take the term "must use" to indicate that CBDC's will be the best option by a considerable margin but not necessarily the only option. Taxes will be due in CBDC's for example. Technically, if you manage to barter your hog manure for coconut husks, you may not be required "must use" CBDC's but only a lawyer would argue that question.

I would like to hear the Rothchild's opinion.

• Like 1