31st July Anmesty - extended until September?

1 hour ago, G950 said:

I literally just came from a decent sized Bangkok lawyers office and they are saying extension through August is going to have to be made. A few were saying September too. 

The reason stated was that there are just too many people stuck here to get everybody out in a month or even two if flights start opening up. 

That's what i was thinking too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Benitostacos said:

I totally agree that this is how things should be done. However, before Cambodia locked down their borders, they were refusing admittance to US passport holders (but not Thai citizens) coming from Thailand, even though these passengers clearly had not been in the US for a long duration of time. I was informed of this by the US embassy when I was attempting to travel several months back from Thailand.

And yet Cambodia never refused admittance to Chinese nationals. Quite clear where Hun Sen's loyalties lie.

1 hour ago, G950 said:

I literally just came from a decent sized Bangkok lawyers office and they are saying extension through August is going to have to be made. A few were saying September too. 

The reason stated was that there are just too many people stuck here to get everybody out in a month or even two if flights start opening up. 

Hopefully that is true what that "decent sized BKK lawyers office" is saying.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Hopefully that is true what that "decent sized BKK lawyers office" is saying.

We were discussing something else when I mentioned that I will probably have to leave end of July. Unprompted 2 thai lawayers looked at each each other and said "be prepared to stay to September, there ain't no way they can get all of the tourists out of here by end of July"

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, G950 said:

We were discussing something else when I mentioned that I will probably have to leave end of July. Unprompted 2 thai lawayers looked at each each other and said "be prepared to stay to September, there ain't no way they can get all of the tourists out of here by end of July"

I am not one to believe rumors easily but it's starting to get a bit tight to get everyone out within a month. But I don't know either how many people are left here. Hundreds? Thousands?

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 11:10 AM, possum1931 said:

If it was Thai Airways that cancelled the flight, why did he not get a refund? So if my flight with Emirates on Sept is cancelled by them and not me, I will not get a refund? Or at least get my booking changed to a future flight.

why did he not get a refund, i do not know, he does not know, all I know Thai Airways declared itself in bankruptcy. 

As for their honesty I have no clue "for the moment" he has lost 24,000 Baht if they did that to all travelers on the same flight say + - 300 X by 24,000 Baht they have pocketed 7,200,000 Baht

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2020 at 7:32 PM, AndyPa said:

I am not one to believe rumors easily but it's starting to get a bit tight to get everyone out within a month. But I don't know either how many people are left here. Hundreds? Thousands?

I believe there are tens of thousands still here. There was 200,000+ when the border closed, a lot have left but a lot are still here too.

• Like 1