31st July Anmesty - surely it will be extended till 31st December minimum!

26 minutes ago, bestie said:

Nobody knows. But if they have the opportunity to make money a further amnesty would make no sense. Maybe you have to pay for every month until the borders are open.

That seems the sensible solution.  There is no need to keep people away from immigration offices, now that every other business is opening up.  30 days or 60 days extensions @1900 baht a pop.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I think that they will not extend the amnesty and just prepare your heart. However, Thailand and Laos border will be open soon. The both governments might come up the condition too, partly also make money from the tourists or visa runners. 

If they open the border, you might need to do 14-days quarantine in the selected hotels, and vice versa. Additional, they might force the you to have Covid-19 test + health insurance (certain amount) + deposit. However, we still need to wait from both side government announcement. 

If plan to go back to your home country, your own embassy can find out the best way to bring you home. Just like my country.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ozz1 said:

Why don't they charge us with multi entry non o  visas married to a thai  5000 baht for a year instead of us having to do border run to get it ? //

Wrong question sir.

You just don't use the right method to live here.

Yearly Extensions is what they are pushing people to use for years.

Do that and everything will be easier. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, zzzzz said:

what does Qantas and flights to Australia ( there are other places in the world, ya know)  have to do with thailand visa amnesty??
sorry don't see the connection

MY $05 worth, August 1st everyone that has been on amnesty, will be told they can come in to immigration and apply for (at cost) a 1 month extension..

seems logical. why miss a chance to earn some money. hopefully they do a stage 2 opening, where they agree to sell more extensions than we are entitled to. pushing out those who dont want to pay would be a good solution. 

• Like 2

FYI:  regarding land borders and Cambodia

.....Chhay Sivlin, the president of the Cambodia Association of Travel Agents, said the deposit was introduced because insurance companies had previously refused to cover the cost of coronavirus treatment. “Our government has exhausted our resources and can no longer provide for any tourists tested positive for the disease,” she said.

The new policy was understandable, she said, but she hoped officials would introduce stricter regulation of insurance policies instead, and a requirement for travellers to carry a minimum amount of cash.

Sivlin expects cross-border travel to return by early 2021, but only between neighbouring countries. “The beginning of long-haul travelling is expected to resume in mid-to-late 2021,” she said. “
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/25/cambodia-tourism-chiefs-call-for-end-to-covid-19-healthcare-and-funeral-deposit

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Flights available to many countries.

Very few hardships.

Not a reason to extend amnesty.

I bet some who have the money and time enjoy the "amnesty"/free extension of stay.

Correct and that's what's so confusing. It's hilarious to see this statement on the news all the time about "no commercial flight allowed in". There have been many airlines flying all the time and many more set to resume flights to BKK from July 1. I don't get it why they have to keep giving so misleading info about the so called "international flight ban" that doesn't really exist at all. It's more like why would any airline want to fly to Thailand when nobody is let in (or some special groups perhaps with a controlled 14 day quarantine). 

I do hope they extend the amnesty tho. Would be the only sensible thing to do until flights and borders return to normal.   

7 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Correct and that's what's so confusing. It's hilarious to see this statement on the news all the time about "no commercial flight allowed in". There have been many airlines flying all the time and many more set to resume flights to BKK from July 1. I don't get it why they have to keep giving so misleading info about the so called "international flight ban" that doesn't really exist at all. It's more like why would any airline want to fly to Thailand when nobody is let in (or some special groups perhaps with a controlled 14 day quarantine). 

I do hope they extend the amnesty tho. Would be the only sensible thing to do until flights and borders return to normal.   

Your Joking right?  There have been no international arriving flights except those with commerce and repatriated Thais.  Not sure why you believe that people are just flying into Thailand and we are being lied to.  Yes you can fly out but you aint getting back in unless its on a repatriated flight and you meet the requirements.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For 1900 baht you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. No need to leave the country unless you want to.

Only if you have the 400,000 baht in the bank. I don't, which is why i need a multi-entry visa based on marriage.

The army closed my snooker hall down for 2+ years and now the covid19 has closed it down. Amnesty over and borders still closed what do i do ?

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your Joking right?  There have been no international arriving flights except those with commerce and repatriated Thais.  Not sure why you believe that people are just flying into Thailand and we are being lied to.  Yes you can fly out but you aint getting back in unless its on a repatriated flight and you meet the requirements.  

Well yes you are correct. I didn't clarify that. I meant that there have been flights coming in (whoever is on those flights) and many airlines have scheduled flights starting from July 1. Maybe they will be flying into BKK empty and then flying back full? That's what I don't quite understand about airlines resuming frights in July because they won't really be able to bring any passengers in (the countries I'm thinking about won't have many Thais to repatriate). I wouldn't be paying much attention to this otherwise but my airline has changed my tickets from May to July. I have asked the airline many times if they are sure that flights will resume July 1 and they keep saying yes. Wonder what's the point and I still don't really believe it's true but have to wait and see until the beginning of July.     

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2020 at 10:51 AM, Yorkshire Tea said:

That seems the sensible solution.  There is no need to keep people away from immigration offices, now that every other business is opening up.  30 days or 60 days extensions @1900 baht a pop.

There should be no need for  people to go to any IO so often, it is all the jumping through so many unnecessary hoops that causes it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

There should be no need for  people to go to any IO so often, it is all the jumping through so many unnecessary hoops that causes it.

I agree.  I was simply posting what I expect immigration might introduce.  I don't think they'll be extending the amnesty & nor will they take a one off 1900 bt fee & let people stay indefinitely without showing the same funds as those getting annual extensions.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, macgver said:

I think that they will not extend the amnesty and just prepare your heart. However, Thailand and Laos border will be open soon. The both governments might come up the condition too, partly also make money from the tourists or visa runners. 

If they open the border, you might need to do 14-days quarantine in the selected hotels, and vice versa. Additional, they might force the you to have Covid-19 test + health insurance (certain amount) + deposit. However, we still need to wait from both side government announcement. 

If plan to go back to your home country, your own embassy can find out the best way to bring you home. Just like my country.

I Hope the Thai / Laos borders DO Open Soon,But I DON'T Want to do 14 Days Quarantine in Laos or ANYWHERE Else for that matter,I Also DON'T Want to " Go Back " to my OWN Country !!

1 hour ago, ChomDo said:

I do hope they extend the amnesty tho. Would be the only sensible thing to do until flights and borders return to normal.  Yes I Also Think it Would, I Hope they DO !!

52 minutes ago, Carlosm said:

Only if you have the 400,000 baht in the bank. I don't, which is why i need a multi-entry visa based on marriage.

The army closed my snooker hall down for 2+ years and now the covid19 has closed it down. Amnesty over and borders still closed what do i do ?

I'm in the Same Boat as You Mate.....As they Say " Up S*&t Creek without A Paddle "

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Or if you can prove 40k baht of income per month.

Which I Can't Either Mate.....Bet You can't tell me of Anybody who get's a Thousand Pounds Pension a Month from The U.K ??

Answers on the back of a Postage Stamp, Joe ??