Pattaya: Bars and clubs won't open despite bans ending

webfact

On 6/25/2020 at 11:06 AM, JonnyF said:

They will only enforce it for a few days, but I have to admit I'd be a bit concerned if I was in one of those bars during the first few days that they are enforcing.

I wouldn't fancy being pulled out of a bar and paraded in front of the media because I was breaking one of the 22 rules (which frankly I would be breaking, otherwise there is no point going to a bar).

Good point, though to be safe, I wouldn't want to be among the first people to visit a bar under these 22 rules. I would wait at least 3 months since re-opening before even thinking about giving it a shot and then seeing how it looks like then.

On 6/25/2020 at 10:50 AM, KhunKenAP said:

You can bet the police will be checking all open bars and arrest any patron's and bar owners for a single violation of any of the 22 rules. I would estimate the odds of anyone in a bar frequented by farangs being busted at around 90%. Of course there will be mass confusion on what is OK or Not OK. They will arrest first and ask questions later, so they can get picture in the news media.

Best they stay closed until these stupid 22 rules go away. 

you forgot to mention the pointing finger on the picture. LOL 55555555555

On 6/25/2020 at 10:04 AM, robblok said:

So its not the government keeping them closed its the owners thinking it wont be profitable if they have to follow the rules. 

I don't get it what is the problem with the 50% capacity. I mean its not as if they would be at 100% capacity in low season anyway. 

With no tourists or very few, ? Not even 50% capacity likely except the small places with local regulars. They will open, the rest won't. Not worth it

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

If the UK has all the pubs etc open and most people back at work in say about three weeks, with the biggest majority of people infected with the virus having recovered, and lets face it, the biggest majority do recover,  and the Thai government are still on their power trips, and all these people still out of work, how is that going to make Thailand look in the eyes of the world.

The UK with thousands affected back to some sort of normality, and Thailand with no one affected in the last month, still in disarray all over the place, what is that going to tell us about the virus?

what about the 50k+ dead that didn't recover? don't they count?  The way the US are heading with reopening suggests that people are just not socially responsible enough to be counted on (distancing and masks) and now the local governments need to step in (again) and mandate behaviors. The ball was dropped and overflowing ICU's is major cities will not spark business, and in fact will end up doing more harm to the economy. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-53176717 

What above the link shows me is that the UK is mirroring the poor actions of the US even though they get a look into the 'crystal ball' showing the results of these bad calls, they're still going through with it anyway - just madness imo. But don't be surprised if the UK ends up being isolated -  because countries will want to protect themselves from a runaway virus.. 

13 hours ago, micmichd said:

All these bar girls from the Issan - should they become needy because of some pandemic that has never hit anyone for 4 weeks now? 

Do you really think the local expat community can provide enough "employment" for them?  

14 hours ago, JackThompson said:

stop trying to force those who won't even get symptoms from this weak virus from enjoying their lives.  Deal?

Where does one get this advance knowledge that one is not going to get any symptoms from this virus, it sure would be good to know!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, possum1931 said:

If the UK has all the pubs etc open and most people back at work in say about three weeks, with the biggest majority of people infected with the virus having recovered, and lets face it, the biggest majority do recover,  and the Thai government are still on their power trips, and all these people still out of work, how is that going to make Thailand look in the eyes of the world.

The UK with thousands affected back to some sort of normality, and Thailand with no one affected in the last month, still in disarray all over the place, what is that going to tell us about the virus?

The UK has has new daily infections of about 100 + per day , lets see what happens with the infection rate after the UK fully opens 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 1:20 PM, n00dle said:

yes.

exercise your own common sense, take your own precautions, and see what happens.

it is what is happening all over the country already, people are deciding when and where they are at risk and acting accordingly.

And that is what is happening in UK, a bit of sunshine and the beaches and tourist places are choc a bloc, no masks, no distancing, and tons of rubbish left. Yes, they maybe learned from the Thais or vice versa   PML

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The UK has has new daily infections of about 100 + per day , lets see what happens with the infection rate after the UK fully opens 

Yes, but more than that, 180 deaths yesterday, and actually new infections tested at 1380. Opening up seems premature.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 10:48 AM, webfact said:

Bars and clubs won't open despite bans ending

we can moan, complain, protest, whine, tweet, post, quote until the cows come back but the bottom line is, in the light of this pandemic, meeting someone in a bar/club in a red light area of any city in the world and consequently  having sex with a sex worker until a vaccine developed is like playing Russian roulette, unless you both are in a spacesuit

5 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

we can moan, complain, protest, whine, tweet, post, quote until the cows come back but the bottom line is, in the light of this pandemic, meeting someone in a bar/club in a red light area of any city in the world and consequently  having sex with a sex worker until a vaccine developed is like playing Russian roulette, unless you both are in a spacesuit

Having sex has always had the risk of disease.

COVID isn't a disease that worries me.

15 hours ago, JackThompson said:

I have a better idea.  Since only a tiny percenatge of people are at risk, THEY can "just stay home and beat it" / wait for a vaccine, and stop trying to force those who won't even get symptoms from this weak virus from enjoying their lives.  Deal?

I am not even a "bar" guy - just sick of the selfish "wreck everyone else's world", 'cause "I'm scared of covid," routine.  "Concern for life," indeed?  Whose life is it? 

everybody in this forum is entitled to post his bravery&idiocy or cowardliness&cautiousness..whoever wants to play russian roulette, be my guest

Just now, pattayadude said:

everybody in this forum is entitled to post his bravery&idiocy or cowardliness&cautiousness..whoever wants to play russian roulette, be my guest

Russian roulette has a 1 in 6 chance of death.

Enjoy cowering at home in your room.

3 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

that 1% risk with a condom has just been raised to 20% today. spin the revolver and have fun

You think there's a 20% chance of death from COVID by having sex with a working girl?

Even though the Thai government says there are no new cases of COVID in the last 30 days?

On ignore, I don't need to read any more posts from you.

Edited by BritManToo

9 hours ago, Leaver said:
22 hours ago, micmichd said:

All these bar girls from the Issan - should they become needy because of some pandemic that has never hit anyone for 4 weeks now? 

Do you really think the local expat community can provide enough "employment" for them?  

Many of the soi honey and chaiyapoon massage ladies never left.  Business is slow, yet they seem relatively happy and are coping reasonably well from what they tell me.  Food is cheap and they know how to cook. As mentioned, a few bars have gotten food licenses and are open serving beer and have no problems with the "restaurant" rules concerning CV.  Free food lines are always a 100 meters long or more.  Nothing is ideal in Pattaya and will not be until tourists return for bar and club owners.   Ideally the greedy mega corps like Sang Som, Singha and Chang beer need to lower their ridiculous prices on their low class beers to help stimulate the recovery for these establishments IMO 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

that 1% risk with a condom has just been raised to 20% today. spin the revolver and have fun

Lol.  If that were true, I am luckier than Christopher Walken in the Deer Hunter.  This isnt the U.S. or UK, no cases in Pattaya for over 70 days.  

On 6/25/2020 at 11:34 AM, redwood1 said:

I guess many of the rest of us will just have to resign ourselves to being non QR code using non mask wearing non social distancing low lifes..... 

If you wanna see what that ultimately gets you while there's no vaccine or preventive treatment for coronavirus, just look at Trump's U.S. right now. CV cases spiraling out of control because the government there took the attitude you're espousing here.

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If you wanna see what that ultimately gets you while there's no vaccine or preventive treatment for coronavirus, just look at Trump's U.S. right now. CV cases spiraling out of control because the government there took the attitude you're espousing here.

Numbers up numbers down , throw them in the air and spin them all around.... 

What ever the TV says must be true....100%.........Nothing fishy about Covid....Nope not a thing......

• Thanks 1

The point I'm making in regard to Pattaya is, while it's great that TH and Pattaya haven't had any local cases for weeks now, no one is really "safe" from CV until there's an effective vaccine or preventive treatment found.

An area that's safe today can quickly become unsafe once preventive measures are lifted or relaxed, so long as the virus is out circulating uncontrolled.

As long as the TH government bans international air travel except for those quarantined and keeps its borders closed, things should remain under control. But at some point, who knows when, that's likely to change... And then what?

9 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

And never forget to wear a mask...

Sheeple - Facemask - Mask | TeePublic

Ah.. a sheeple meme.

Remember.. You can ignore reality but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality!

Even the most ardent "live free or die" folks must deal with the consequences of their refusal to participate in the social contract. I'm looking at you USA.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Ah.. a sheeple meme.

Remember.. You can ignore reality but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality!

Even the most ardent "live free or die" folks must deal with the consequences of their refusal to participate in the social contract. I'm looking at you USA.

Which social contract? 

Germany (where I came from) broke their part of the social contract when they kicked me out of their health care system.  If I have a social contract with any population then it's certainly the population of Thailand. 

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Russian roulette has a 1 in 6 chance of death.

Enjoy cowering at home in your room.

Sort of depends on whether you put in 1 or more bullet, and whether you spin the cylinder after each pull. But personally, I would not do it. Nor do I cower in my room.

• Like 1