Air Bridges, to and from UK

Trillian

As I see it ..

1 no one believes Thailands numbers , just seem far too low, even if they are correct it just doesnt seem that they are.

2 The UK numbers are wrong , I personally know of at least 8 deaths of other causes that were logged as Covid so god knows how many others were falsified. Before you ask these 8 are numbers from a doctor and a paramedic that I know .

3 Thai government seems to disslike western ferang and panders to China even though most western visitors spend 4 to 6 times more money that the Chinese as most chinese visitors arrive on pre paid holidays and have certain hotels and shops which they frequent where prices as screwed down so little profit made.

4 British government dont care about Thailand as have no trade deals with the country and have little reason to want one as Thailand has little to export other than spouses.

5 even if you can get  into Thailand, most can only go for 30 days and why would you want to spend 15 days of that confined to your hotel room ? Not only that but having to pay £1100 for the privellidge in a hotel that we know would normally cost less than £300 for the 2 weeks.

I am gutted for my wife not being able to see her mum and family for another 6 months so lets hope her mum stays well.

In 6 months time hopefully this will all be over  unless of course there is a 2nd wave in which case we may never be able to travel to LOS again for  quite some time .

All we can do is wait and see .

• Thanks 1

this is a little out dated ,the news is changing daily ,it appears that many more countries are being added to the list,thailands one now that can enter.uk can go to greece.so expect a few more changes as UK scrapes the crazy quarantine law.deaths are dropping fast in UK .cases too .so too across the EU .so hopefully we can wish one and all a healthier future and get on with our important travel needs such as work business ,medical and getting together with our loved ones.

Edited by rupert the bear
typos

On 6/26/2020 at 11:31 AM, mrfill said:

1. The Montevideo Convention on the Rights and Duties of States was a treaty signed at Montevideo, Uruguay, on December 26 1933.

The convention set out the definition, rights and duties of statehood. Most well-known is Article 1, which set out four criteria for statehood, as quoted below.

The state as a person of international law should possess the following qualifications:

(a) a permanent population;

(b) a defined territory;

(c) government; and

(d) capacity to enter into relations with the other states.

Article 3 of the Convention also declares that statehood is independent of recognition by other states, so a country can exist even if other countries don't recognize it.

There is no English Government, only a UK one (although Scotland has its own and Wales and Northern Ireland have Assemblies). England is part of the United Kingdom, not a separate country.

Did you really use that convention to make a decision on whether or not England was a country?  Have a look at who signed it and come back to us if you still think it makes the rules for us all.  Or just Google "Is England a country" if you need more proof.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montevideo_Convention

19 hours ago, mickj88 said:

As I see it ..

1 no one believes Thailands numbers , just seem far too low, even if they are correct it just doesnt seem that they are.

2 The UK numbers are wrong , I personally know of at least 8 deaths of other causes that were logged as Covid so god knows how many others were falsified. Before you ask these 8 are numbers from a doctor and a paramedic that I know .

3 Thai government seems to disslike western ferang and panders to China even though most western visitors spend 4 to 6 times more money that the Chinese as most chinese visitors arrive on pre paid holidays and have certain hotels and shops which they frequent where prices as screwed down so little profit made.

4 British government dont care about Thailand as have no trade deals with the country and have little reason to want one as Thailand has little to export other than spouses.

5 even if you can get  into Thailand, most can only go for 30 days and why would you want to spend 15 days of that confined to your hotel room ? Not only that but having to pay £1100 for the privellidge in a hotel that we know would normally cost less than £300 for the 2 weeks.

I am gutted for my wife not being able to see her mum and family for another 6 months so lets hope her mum stays well.

In 6 months time hopefully this will all be over  unless of course there is a 2nd wave in which case we may never be able to travel to LOS again for  quite some time .

1. You are in the UK therefore you have no idea about what steps have been taken over here to eradicate the virus. There are only 51 people in hospital and no cases for over a month

2. They may have died of other causes but if they had covid 19, the death is logged as one.

3. Agree

4. I dont think they dont care its just Thailand is not an important trade partner.

5. Quarantine is free for Thai citizens, she can visit he Mum on her own.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2020 at 10:37 AM, tribalfusion001 said:

Already planning trips to Spain in July and Germany in August. Some good deals around with flights and not welcome in Thailand boo.

You may not be able to enter Germany without neg. test

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

Do not believe everything you read.

For all we know all of Europe might be locked up again tighter than a drum in 6 weeks time.

Real little cheer germ am I not ?

May happen if we let ppl from high risk places in. E.g. UK. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jimn said:

1. You are in the UK therefore you have no idea about what steps have been taken over here to eradicate the virus. There are only 51 people in hospital and no cases for over a month

2. They may have died of other causes but if they had covid 19, the death is logged as one.

3. Agree

4. I dont think they dont care its just Thailand is not an important trade partner.

I'm pretty sure quarantine is also free for foreigners who stay in their own home in Thailand, but I'm happy to be corrected on this.

22 hours ago, mickj88 said:

As I see it ..

Your item 2 - I've been saying for weeks that UK Gov is obfuscating the difference between dying WITH CV and dying OF CV (Obfuscating sounds so much more polite than lying, doesn't it?)

And as @rupert the bear commented ".......this is a little out dated ,the news is changing daily ,it appears that many more countries are being added to the list...."

These are still early days..... patience!

Edited by VBF

2 hours ago, jimn said:

3. Agree

@jimn Your item 1: Not ALL we Brits are so insular that we don't know what happens outside our own borders!

Some of us follow world news with great interest.

Your item 2 - agree with that - see my post #40 immediately above

Edited by VBF

4 hours ago, Trillian said:

I'm pretty sure quarantine is also free for foreigners who stay in their own home in Thailand, but I'm happy to be corrected on this.

Stand and deliver then. Everyone at this present time (Thais and work permit holders) has to either do state quarantine (Thais only and free) or Alternate State Quarantine (ASQ) very costly. Proposals today will allow some types of foreigners in, but they will have to do ASQ. No they are not allowed to quarantine at home. At the moment thats off the agenda.

• Like 1

Hi 

I notice on UK government website that the new traffic light system gives Thailand and Vietnam the green light to go to.

But the Thai Embassy site still states no international tourist flights in are allowed yet.

Anybody have better news???

Below is an extract from the BBC UK news this morning that may offer some hope with Thai connections 

The EU has named 14 countries whose citizens are deemed "safe" to be let in from 1 July, despite the pandemic - but the US, Brazil and China are excluded.

Those named include Australia, Canada, Japan, Morocco and South Korea.

The EU is ready to add China if the Chinese government offers a reciprocal deal for EU travellers, diplomats say.

EU border controls have been lifted for EU citizens travelling inside the bloc. Rules for UK travellers are covered separately in the Brexit negotiations.

UK nationals are still to be treated in the same way as EU citizens until the end of the Brexit transition period on 31 December. Therefore, during that time UK nationals and their family members are exempt from the temporary travel restriction.

On the current "safe" list, still likely to be amended, are Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia and Uruguay.

The UK is currently negotiating "air bridges" with several EU member states, so that coronavirus does not totally block summer holidays - the busiest season in Europe for tourism, which employs millions of people.