State of emergency set to be extended through July

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Mikeasq60 said:

I would hope BLM pulls a stunt in Thailand. I'd be curious to see what happens. I'm sure those BLM folks would be flagged from the start 

The topic of Asian countries  are marked at home as racist and mistreatment towards them in general. China and Thailand seem to be poorly recieved by them in America.

Edited by Winky Wilson
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Paiman said:

Quite an arrogant reply.

You must be convinced of your own superiority. Or is it that you don't like the poster, nothing to do with the topic?

Try to accept the existence of opinions or behaviour you do not necessarily agree with. 

Talking about arrogance...

• Like 1

This is about pure POWER and not about the well-being of the Thai people. Once rights and liberties are taken away, they are only give back grudgingly.  This certainly applies universally and not just to Thailand. It is just a different place and a different people. Study History!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mr mr said:
  16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

and gives officials legal immunity over human rights violations

Wow!! May I ask what Human Rights are being violated by Thai Officials that affect foreigners during the coronavirus pandemic??

Quote:-

International Bill of Rights
  • The right to equality and freedom from discrimination.
  • The right to life, liberty, and personal security.
  • Freedom from torture and degrading treatment.
  • The right to equality before the law.
  • The right to a fair trial.
  • The right to privacy.
  • Freedom of belief and religion.
  • Freedom of opinion.

In my opinion, there is one - Anutin's comments about "dirty Westerners" (freedom from discrimination).

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

<Deleted> told you, anyone who still thinks this is about the virus, that has not appeared for 31 days, is delusional ! 

Control, control and more control !

I'm guessing with schools re-opening and bars etc given the green light to open they are keeping the emergency in place just in case things go pear-shaped and they have to back-track quickly.

However if come the end of July and nothing is reported then it must stop.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, silver sea said:

The key sentence seems to be: “General Somsak said that members had agreed to extend the state of emergency for another month to prevent a second wave of contagion after schools reopen next week.”

None of us really knows what the virus will do next. We have been very lucky so far in Thailand, when compared with what has happened in other countries. I would be inclined to give the government the benefit of the doubt. 

Quite correct. just look USA. ,Uk. ,now over40,000 dead. ,i am not one. ,but if your one that gets this Virus its life changing ,it does come back. ,you loose. your taste and are always tired. ,yes. had my run days. ,now only wish to sleep. ,,,,,,live and  bad. ,die. ,never tried that ,looking in from europe.   thailand.  ,doing good job ,looking at the UK.  it truly Bad 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

'If you don’t like it go home’ - that old chestnut... surprised to see an experienced poster use it though... 

Yes, the membership of the "if you don't like it, go home" brigade has decreased greatly with a lot of their members moving to the "scared of your own shadow" brigade instead. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am still waiting for any evidence of a Pandemic in Thailand !!!

3,000 cases is NOT a Pandemic ! It's not even an Epidemic ... you can't even call it something serious.

All they have done is to avoid a Pandemic that might have happened ...

According to many scientists around the world including the WHO, the CDC, the German and British Governments,

the Italian Government and many more, the "Covid-19" scare is far less dangerous than all newspapers write.

Mortality rate is around 0.2% !!!

Asymptomic people don't spread the Virus according to the WHO !!!  

So ... what are people scared about ?

Easy answer: A fully made up fake story by Governments and the Media that is now confirmed to be fake !!!

Look at the real Science .... not the one from the BBC or CNN or the Nation  ... not from "experts" ... but from Scientists

that have a proven record of being right about things !!!

• Like 2