State of emergency set to be extended through July

snoop1130

4 hours ago, silver sea said:

The key sentence seems to be: “General Somsak said that members had agreed to extend the state of emergency for another month to prevent a second wave of contagion after schools reopen next week.”

None of us really knows what the virus will do next. We have been very lucky so far in Thailand, when compared with what has happened in other countries. I would be inclined to give the government the benefit of the doubt. 

Did you ever wonder why?

• Sad 1

NSC: One-month extension of emergency decree is necessary

6949c8f5e871835fd46c7952dd6ce0bf_small.jpg

BANGKOK(NNT) - The National Security Council (NSC) insists that the emergency decree has to remain in force for another month, as the country may see a resurgence in COVID-19 cases in this perilous time.

The NSC Secretary-General, Gen. Somsak Rungsita, said today that an NSC meeting had approved a one-month extension of the emergency decree because the fifth phase of lockdown easing will affect venues, which are at high risk of COVID-19 transmissions.

The meeting expressed concern for the elderly and children. With many schools set to reopen in July, gatherings of students and their guardians are expected. If the decree is lifted, it will be difficult for the authorities to effectively implement disease control measures and screen people entering the country. The extension is not related to political issues, and will not affect people’s way of life.

Gen. Somsak said the extension will help build confidence, with more activities and businesses set to resume after the next phase of eased restrictions. The global situation has not completely improved. The lifting of the emergency decree can be proposed any time, but if another wave is imminent, more stringent measures will be taken. Live sporting events can only be broadcast at this time.

The security official said the travel bubble plan can’t happen yet, but entrepreneurs, who plan to visit Thailand, must consider if their business activities can actually stimulate the economy. They have to undergo a health check-up before entering the country. There are limits on the types of businesses and the number of entrepreneurs, and the authorities must be able to locate them at all times when they are in Thailand.

The NSC meeting’s resolutions will be submitted to the cabinet and the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) for consideration next Monday (June 29), before the decree’s extension is declared the following day.

Source: http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG200625192743118

nnt.jpg

If Thailand had an ignore or block button just like social media platforms I wonder how many of the so called leaders, ministers and government officials would be on ignore or blocked and by how many people - and it would be even better if they could give a reason that they could see

Edited by smedly
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

the virus has been controlled we are informed .most forms of activity are normal or are normalising ....we are told.except political ones.ummmm.no count in 32 days .....very good so why the handcuffs?we have enough regs in place to handle it without a decree being needed.what do the citizens think?ahh that ones outta bounds emergency decree or not.when will families and loved ones be able to meet again?even if they are foreigners,actually these sub humans have feelings lives loves families  jobs businesses like others.so any bets folks come endda next month?i know where my moneys going.yep thats a cert.also a side bet that a cluster appears  ....just at the right time.well its gotta look right.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, silver sea said:

The key sentence seems to be: “General Somsak said that members had agreed to extend the state of emergency for another month to prevent a second wave of contagion after schools reopen next week.”

None of us really knows what the virus will do next. We have been very lucky so far in Thailand, when compared with what has happened in other countries. I would be inclined to give the government the benefit of the doubt. 

Take a look at what's happened in the US in the last 24 hrs, spreading even more quickly and very big numbers.

9 hours ago, taxin said:

Thaiwrath was not complaining, he was merely confirming and stating the obvious, the extension of the emergency decree has absolutely nothing to do with the virus.

People who believe otherwise clearly don’t know anything about Thai politics.

lol .... complaining, that's all he ever does. One of those everything thailand does is bad. You know the type i mean. 

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

'If you don’t like it go home’ - that old chestnut... surprised to see an experienced poster use it though... 

yeah ..... but i didn't say go home, I suggested Brazil instead.    lol

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2