Angkor Archaeological Park entry tickets for longer periods now available

geovalin

Foreigners can now buy entry tickets for visit to Angkor Archaeological Park for longer period, according to the Angkor Enterprise.The state-owned institution in charge of Angkor income management shared the update in its recent press release.

There are three different types of Angkor entry tickets including the US$100 which allows a one-month visit, and the $150 and $200 for a three-month and six-month tour respectively.

This move aims to ease and encourage more visits to the Cambodia’s world-known site.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50737949/angkor-archaeological-park-entry-tickets-for-longer-periods-now-available/

• Sad 1

Considering that a 6 day ticket in 2017 was $40 (according to the one I have in my photo album), a one month ticket for $100 would be a deal. Looking at their site now, they show a 7 day ticket at $72 ! (I recall them jumping up the price, a lot, not long ago.)

They still managed over 385,000 visitors in the 1st 5 months of the year (a drop of 65%). Last year they got something like 2.6 million and even that was less (by about 12%) than the previous year.

Regardless, as long as they have that "$3,000 US deposit for Covid Testing requirement" to get into the country I don't think they'll get many more visitors.

(Kinda wonder if Hun Sen will waive that requirement for the Chinese though. After all, they just "donated" hundreds of trucks to the Cambodian military and police.)

15 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Considering that a 6 day ticket in 2017 was $40 (according to the one I have in my photo album), a one month ticket for $100 would be a deal. Looking at their site now, they show a 7 day ticket at $72 ! (I recall them jumping up the price, a lot, not long ago.)

Why would you want a ticket for more than a day?

Visit AW, take selfie, post on facebook ..... finished.

I went to SR twice in the last year, 80 glasses of beer or a day at the temple .........

Hard decisions, sadly the temple missed out, but I did cycle past it, $2 for the bicycle.

P_20190117_164614 (1).jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

"Why would you want a ticket for more than a day?

Visit AW, take selfie, post on facebook ..... finished.

I went to SR twice in the last year, 80 glasses of beer or a day at the temple .........

Hard decisions, sadly the temple missed out, but I did cycle past it, $2 for the bicycle."

I do hope you are joking.

I went in '97, got the three day pass, hired kid with motorcycle, and 3 days about right if you want to see the whole city that was Angkor. I don't think they had longer passes available. About a million people lived there before the Thais sacked it, so lots of ground to cover.

To me, going thru the time and hassle just to get a selfie is pathetic and shows a lack of awareness, inner drive to learn. Other directed "post on facebook"... pearls before swine. Do you even know there are more wats than just the Angkor wat?

80 glasses of beer.

I suppose for some life is about learning, for others it's about forgetting.

17 minutes ago, Emdog said:

I do hope you are joking.

I went in '97, got the three day pass, hired kid with motorcycle, and 3 days about right if you want to see the whole city that was Angkor.

It's a ruined temple complex.

If you've seen one pile of rubble, you've seen them all.

This entrance was as good as any ......... photo taken outside ....... free.

P_20190116_101221.jpg

As for learning, nothing to be learned from ruins.

And this lake was nice ....... outside ..... free.

P_20190116_100757 (1).jpg

Edited by BritManToo

Last time I went I only got out there twice in the 3 days we were in Cambodia and it was a hectic scramble both times and I probably missed half the sites within the "main" area. (Not to mention all the places "outside" the main complex.) 

Even though it was January when I went, I was soaked in sweat from scrambling through every temple I could get to in the limited time I had. I ended up with just under 300 pics sadly. (I was with the g/f and I had a couple friends from Canada there as well so I couldn't really set the schedule to my liking.)

Spent 8 days in Egypt in 2005 and ended up with over 1,100 pics of various sites from Alexandria to Abu Simbel. That was a rushed trip as well (part of a tour package so you had to stick to a timetable). Would love to go back and do it again on a more leisurely schedule.

(There were 2 old Brits doing a "bucket list" trip in my "group" on the Nile Cruise part of the trip. We went to one site and followed the guide for about an hour or so before we had to head back to the bus and then back to the boat. Managed maybe 20 pics and we barely saw 20% of the site.
Next place we went I asked the guide how long we had (about 90 minutes) and then I took off. Went around the entire site, around the entire temple and through it and still made it back to the bus in time.
Ask the 2 old guys how many pics they got. About a dozen. They'd gone in the front of the temple and into the center and then back out. I had over 90 pics and had been through it all (admittedly without time to appreciate what I was looking at). 

Much better when I go on my own and can take as much, or as little, time as I want at each place. Kind of like when I'm visiting various ancient sites in Thailand these days.

I've been to 32 ancient sites in Thailand so far and have a couple dozen more pinned on the map for future trips (starting after the "rainy season" ends all going well). Some sites I may spend hours in, others as little as 30 minutes. Some are little more than piles of rubble, some are very large and well preserved.

But it's not for everyone of course. I enjoy the history of ancient man from the earliest traces of civilization. Most people I know barely know any history from the last 50 years (if that much). 
Meh. I don't have a clue about soccer (or "football"). Others can probably list the champions of their favourite league going back decades and the highest scorers in the league. 
I'd go nuts trying to sit and watch an entire match (live or on TV) while others would go nuts at the prospect of climbing around a temple built 1,000 years ago.

"To each their own" as they say !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It's a ruined temple complex.

If you've seen one pile of rubble, you've seen them all.

This entrance was as good as any ......... photo taken outside ....... free.

P_20190116_101221.jpg

As for learning, nothing to be learned from ruins.

And this lake was nice ....... outside ..... free.

P_20190116_100757 (1).jpg

Could've saved the airfare and stayed home in hindsight.  No doubt there's a building sight somewhere nearby with a rubble pile that would have been a near identical experience.