Tooth Fairy ??

EVENKEEL

Absolutely. Ten baht maybe ten years ago, but I'm afraid tooth fairy rates have increased at a greater rate than inflation, I think peak rate may have been 50 baht which went into the moneybox then Omsin Bank

Now I ask about claiming TF money back .... braces at age 14 and monthly fees. And I don't know if there's a tooth fairy later on for when I age and lose my own teeth?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I hope the tooth fairy comes soon, as I seem to be losing my teeth far more than the rest of the household

Tooth replacement might exceed the Tooth Fairies capability?  But you never know.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paiman said:

I have been placing my dentures now for more than 2 years in a glass of water overnight.

I think the Tooth Fairy is an ignorant bitch. 

She's not scared of you, she heard your bark is worse than your bite ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

For me it's 200 bht. I know, I know and she knows as well. Only got a few baby teeth left. So I'll continue with the 200 bht.

What is the point of asking. I mean most Thais don't do this. You already set a price and because no Thais have this practice she cant compare with others so its basically a non issue.

But good look with your daughter seems you care. 

• Like 1

It depends what we have on us. 

In Thailand its been a 50B or 100B note. In the UK last year we had no change so my Son ended up with £10 under his pillow !!!

It doesn’t really matter, the kids don’t have a great deal of the concept of money (or at least, when he was 5 years old, my son didn’t).

It’s more about the magic of a ‘fairy’ visiting them in the night and making what could be a traumatic experience exciting, magical and fun. 

And talking of fun: We’ve had some excellent laughs removing my son’s wobbly teeth. 

The best one, tying some dental floss to his wobbly tooth, the other end of the floss to a toy car and whizzing the toy car across the room.... tooth successfully whipped out !!! 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

What is the point of asking. I mean most Thais don't do this. You already set a price and because no Thais have this practice she cant compare with others so its basically a non issue.

But good look with your daughter seems you care. 

It's fun and you'd be surprised what the kids hear about. Her foreign teacher told the kids about the Tooth Fairy. Besides she knows where the money comes from.

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's fun and you'd be surprised what the kids hear about. Her foreign teacher told the kids about the Tooth Fairy. Besides she knows where the money comes from.

Ok never imagined but i dont have kids so i dont know. I take you word for it.

Our daughter received 1'000 Baht for every tooth from the tooth fairy so far and she is now 11. The next tooth is lose already. 1000 Baht might be much in the eyes of the readers, but I believe that thinking big starts in the early years of a child. We're grooming our Amy to become a top tennis player.

9 minutes ago, Dario said:

Our daughter received 1'000 Baht for every tooth from the tooth fairy so far and she is now 11. The next tooth is lose already. 1000 Baht might be much in the eyes of the readers, but I believe that thinking big starts in the early years of a child. We're grooming our Amy to become a top tennis player.

I asked my 8 yr old how much she figures the TF should leave and she first said 1,000 bht, ahahaaa.

40 baht , I try not to spoil my kids , most of their friend have got nothing ,get nothing ,so I try to not let money spoil things . When I’m dead they will get all my money but they don’t know what I’ve got 

1 hour ago, Foghorn said:

40 baht , I try not to spoil my kids , most of their friend have got nothing ,get nothing ,so I try to not let money spoil things . When I’m dead they will get all my money but they don’t know what I’ve got 

That was one of the things about living in Isaan, you feel odd for having money to burn because the other kids are not that fortunate. Now when I see pictures of the other kids houses I know I'm sort of the under class.