Approval to Return in AUGUST

WA Tiger

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

OP ;  it's already July 07 and your hoping everything will be fine and dandy by Aug 15 

well good luck with that one ...  lol    not a chance imo.

Thanks I appreciate the good luck gesture. Good luck with your thoughts too. 

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

Thousands of Thais still waiting to get home, what makes an old ferang special?

Not saying they are special. Never said that. Thais can enter anytime they want, its their choice to stay out. How are they "waiting to get home" other than the country they are in not letting them out which is where??  

5 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

Not saying they are special. Never said that. Thais can enter anytime they want, its their choice to stay out. How are they "waiting to get home" other than the country they are in not letting them out which is where??  

The U.K.

There's a waiting list for Thai nationals willing to go back.

Only two flights per month and all booked full.

Edited by unheard
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WA Tiger said:

If your so keen to get back suggest you follow the covid briefings for a starter. Limited number allowed in as quarantine numbers are limited by capacity . There a thread on here re 1000,s in Brit awaiting flights as one eg. 

3 minutes ago, Olmate said:

If your so keen to get back suggest you follow the covid briefings for a starter. Limited number allowed in as quarantine numbers are limited by capacity . There a thread on here re 1000,s in Brit awaiting flights as one eg. 

Yes mate, follow all that, thanks for the advice. 

5 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

Good, so they are going back, that's great. 

Can you point to a single case of the approved to enter foreigner waiting to re-join his family in Thailand?

Some are waiting for close to a month since the application date, with no response.

How's that for a hope?

Edited by unheard

10 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:
13 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Thousands of Thais still waiting to get home, what makes an old ferang special?

Some people are seeming to take pleasure in telling others who are stuck that they will be unable to do something - Schadenfreude.... 

I suspect retirees may have been left out of the loop for no other reason than it was an over sight.

This may be corrected soon with the next announcement. 

I think its unfair that retirees and those with ties to Thailand have been left out of the latest application process for the Certificate of Entry. 

I’m not sure if ASQ hotels are full or not, if there is space there is no reason to stop the return of anyone. 

The bottleneck for returning foreigners seems to be with the decision at the MFA in Bangkok.

The bottleneck for returning Thai’s seems to be limited space on the Thai Airways repatriation flights and limited space in State Quarantine.

IF I am not mistaken (there has been debate on other topics) foreigners can come on any available flight. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Some people are seeming to take pleasure in telling others who are stuck that they will be unable to do something - Schadenfreude.... 

I suspect retirees may have been left out of the loop for no other reason than it was an over sight.

This may be corrected soon with the next announcement. 

I think its unfair that retirees and those with ties to Thailand have been left out of the latest application process for the Certificate of Entry. 

I’m not sure if ASQ hotels are full or not, if there is space there is no reason to stop the return of anyone. 

The bottleneck for returning foreigners seems to be with the decision at the MFA in Bangkok.

The bottleneck for returning Thai’s seems to be limited space on the Thai Airways repatriation flights and limited space in State Quarantine.

IF I am not mistaken (there has been debate on other topics) foreigners can come on any available flight. 

Fantastic reply. I am with you 100%. lets also hope it was an oversight, I actually thought the very same thing. That is why I am hopeful they will realise this and change it soon. 

Edited by WA Tiger

1 minute ago, thaitero said:

Old people are the most likely to need hospital bed if they get covid so FOREIGN retirement visastatus people are hardly the first ones getting green light,,,

Rubbish. That is total rubbish.

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

@WA TigerI thought from the Topic of the OP, Approval to Return in AUGUST,

that you had been given a COE and had jumped through the hoops to return and looked forward to hearing your story of how the task went, but alas, I was fooled by the OP Title.

NO mate, its the exact same title as the July Topic thread. Just will be posing in here as news comes to light of who can come in next. Hoping for Retirement Visa!! 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

<snipped>

I know foreigners have to go into State Quarantine but I thought Thais could quarantine at home?

And "........foreigners can come on any available flight. "

Don't you mean "the few foreigners who are allowed in can come on any available flight." ?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, VBF said:

I know foreigners have to go into State Quarantine but I thought Thais could quarantine at home?

Don't you mean "the few foreigners who are allowed in can come on any available flight." ?

NO, all returning Thais and anyone else lucky enough to have jumped through the hoops are mandated to go into the Governments 14 day quarantine, be it either at a government location or one of the new AQS locations.  Thais have not been able to quarantine at home for quite awhile.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, VBF said:

I don't know what he meant but there are no available flights for now, except the repatriation flights.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

NO, all returning Thais and anyone else lucky enough to have jumped through the hoops are mandated to go into the Governments 14 day quarantine, be it either at a government location or one of the new AQS locations.  Thais have not been able to quarantine at home for quite awhile.  

Thanks......my bad for not paying attention! ????

7 minutes ago, unheard said:
11 minutes ago, VBF said:

I don't know what he meant but there are no available flights for now, except the repatriation flights.

There ARE available flights. I’m holding a Qatar Airways booking for next week. 

The Bangkok Arrivals Website shows QR flights landing (along with others) - they could be cargo only, but I have a ticket as a passenger. 

The Thai Embassy (London) have responded that they have received my application which includes a Flight Booking with Qatar Airways - they haven’t flagged the flight booking or commented on it. I’m not sure if they would. 

I have also spoken with a friend at Immigration in Thailand who confirms passengers are arriving off flights other than the Thai Airways repatriation flights (and then going into ASQ).

This is as close as I can give to an accurate answer because this is one of those situations where one cannot be sure until we are actually on the the flight and then admitted into Thailand. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, unheard said:

There are actually... see https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

At this moment I can see arrivals from Vienna, Dhaka, Tokyo, Kolkata, Shanghai, Dubai and others.

Are they all repatriation flights or arriving with no passengers? 

If the former, makes a nonsense of the assertion "The bottleneck for returning Thai’s seems to be limited space on the Thai Airways repatriation flights....."

And what about the few categories of foreigners who ARE allowed in?

UPDATE @richard_smith237 we cross-posted

Edited by VBF

1 minute ago, unheard said:

Both

So I was correct when I said that ""The bottleneck for returning Thai’s seems to be limited space on the Thai Airways repatriation flights....." is untrue

2 minutes ago, VBF said:

There are actually... see https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

At this moment I can see arrivals from Vienna, Dhaka, Tokyo, Kolkata, Shanghai, Dubai and others.

Are they all repatriation flights or arriving with no passengers? 

If the former, makes a nonsense of the assertion "The bottleneck for returning Thai’s seems to be limited space on the Thai Airways repatriation flights....."

And what about the few categories of foreigners who ARE allowed in?

UPDATE @richard_smith237 we cross-posted

I think this has something to do with the approval system as it was a month ago, with only 2 Thai Airways repatriation flights per month (from the UK) there was large backlog of people applying to return. 

There is still a lot of confusion. But if ‘approved’ foreigners holding a CoE are permitted re-entry on available flights it would make sense that Thai’s are also permitted to take these flights. 

If that is even the case at all. I could find out that the day before my QR flight departs my ticket is cancelled. 

I’ve checked and the flight is still valid. 

• Like 1