Approval to Return in AUGUST

WA Tiger

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There ARE available flights. I’m holding a Qatar Airways booking for next week. 

The Bangkok Arrivals Website shows QR flights landing (along with others) - they could be cargo only, but I have a ticket as a passenger.

Why are you still insisting that you will be allowed to fly to Thailand via a regular flight ticket (now available for purchase for August) even though the regulations clearly state that you are prohibited to enter in July?

The August tickets will get cancelled they same way the tickets for July have been.

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In August I am supposed to fly from where I am now, to London and then connect to Thailand, so that's what I am hoping. I have been making calls and so has my employer. So see ho we go but I will remain positive all the way. 

• Like 1

Do you have a COE issued by the Thai MFA and a Covid free certificate indicating you are Covid free, as well as needing this to fly 72 hours before the flight, as well as the Insurance policy for Covid in the amount of $100,000 USD and have you made arrangements with one of the AQS locations? all required before you are allowed to fly from what I have seen.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Do you have a COE issued by the Thai MFA and a Covid free certificate indicating you are Covid free, as well as needing this to fly 72 hours before the flight, as well as the Insurance policy for Covid in the amount of $100,000 USD and have you made arrangements with one of the AQS locations? all required before you are allowed to fly from what I have seen.

I know everything I have to have and do mate, cheers. I have known since the rules came out. 

41 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

Rubbish. That is total rubbish.

Please care to explain your answer

to repeat ''it's rubbish'' 2 times doesn't result in being the truth

Thaitero was correct with his post, the olders one are the most ''at risks''

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1122354/covid-19-us-hospital-rate-by-age/

3 minutes ago, unheard said:
11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There ARE available flights. I’m holding a Qatar Airways booking for next week. 

The Bangkok Arrivals Website shows QR flights landing (along with others) - they could be cargo only, but I have a ticket as a passenger.

Why are you still insisting that you will be allowed to fly to Thailand via a regular flight ticket (now available for purchase for August) even though the regulations clearly state that you are prohibited to enter in July?

The August tickets will get cancelled they same way the tickets for July have been.

I am holding a Qatar Airways ticket for next week - If passengers are not allowed entry to Thailand as a passenger on this QR flight, I expect my ticket will be cancelled (perhaps next week, perhaps just the day before). 

Where are the regulations which ‘clearly state I am prohibited entry in July’ ????

The reality is I do not know for certain whether or not the ticket I am holding will permit me entry. 

The Airline seems to think so. A friend in Thai Immigration (at Suvarnabumi Airport) seems to think so. 

The Thai Embassy have not informed my I need to be waitlisted on the (full) Thai Airways repatriation flights (perhaps all they do is forward on the application for CoE to the MFA).

1 minute ago, WA Tiger said:

I know everything I have to have and do mate, cheers. I have known since the rules came out. 

It was just a question, not an attack WA.  Just curious as I was supposed to fly back to the US for an appointment in 2 weeks and then return 4 weeks later.  I was informed last week that the flights were still on, but because there was no way for me to return based upon the requirements, I have canceled this trip as well.  My Workers Comp Attorney is not happy, but obviously that's for his own selfish reason as he will have to have the trial moved to after the first of the year due to the extenuating circumstances in order to reach a settlement for me, of which he will get 25%.  I will not jump through the hoops to get back here and risk being stuck in the US for any length of time, and away from my home here.

• Like 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

It was just a question, not an attack WA.  Just curious as I was supposed to fly back to the US for an appointment in 2 weeks and then return 4 weeks later.  I was informed last week that the flights were still on, but because there was no way for me to return based upon the requirements, I have canceled this trip as well.  My Workers Comp Attorney is not happy, but obviously that's for his own selfish reason as he will have to have the trial moved to after the first of the year due to the extenuating circumstances in order to reach a settlement for me, of which he will get 25%.  I will not jump through the hoops to get back here and risk being stuck in the US for any length of time, and away from my home here.

All good mate, just saying. I hope its gets better for you.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, VBF said:

So I was correct when I said that ""The bottleneck for returning Thai’s seems to be limited space on the Thai Airways repatriation flights....." is untrue

Repatriation are chartered flights under contract with Thai government.

All the others are "regular" flights carrying cargo in the cargo bay or in the cabin (some aircraft are now flying with seats removed) No passengers are allowed on those flights landing in Thailand unless given a specific permission by the Civil Aviation Authority.

https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/51895

Edited by unheard
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

NO mate, its the exact same title as the July Topic thread. Just will be posing in here as news comes to light of who can come in next. Hoping for Retirement Visa!! 

You are wrong

Thailandryan was right with his post

your topic title is misleading, if you wanted to ask like a question or as an hope

you should have put at least a ''?'' at the end, or made a full sentence.

4 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Please care to explain your answer

to repeat ''it's rubbish'' 2 times doesn't result in being the truth

Thaitero was correct with his post, the olders one are the most ''at risks''

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1122354/covid-19-us-hospital-rate-by-age/

Its got nothing to with free beds in case of illness, that's rubbish, that is what I referring to, c'mon. How many over 50 of the rich list that are coming in now will take those beds, please. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

You are wrong

Thailandryan was right with his post

your topic title is misleading, if you wanted to ask like a question or as an hope

you should have put at least a ''?'' at the end, or made a full sentence.

More rubbish, stop being pedantic, the title is exactly the same as the July thread, go complain in there too. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, unheard said:

Repatriation are chartered flights under contract with Thai government.

All the others are "regular" flights carrying cargo in the cargo bay or in the cabin (some aircraft are now flying with seats removed) No passengers are allowed on those landing in Thailand unless given a specific permission by the Civil Aviation Authority.

https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/51895

From your link: 

2. Aircraft carrying persons shall be banned from entering into the airport in Thailand unless it falls with any of the following categories:

(7) Passenger flights carrying the persons permitted to enter Thailand as prescribed in 3.

3. The entry into Thailand of the persons of any of the following types, by aircraft, shall be permitted, provided that they comply with the conditions, time limits and rules of the authorized persons under the Thai immigration law, communicable diseases law, air navigation law, and the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation, for the prevention of the spread of disease and the organization of the number of persons entering Thailand in accordance with the capability of the competent officers or the communicable disease control officers for the screening and arrangement of facilities for isolation, quarantine and control for observation :

Have Qatar Airways and the other international carriers who are landing made an arrangement to bring in passengers ????

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

(7) Passenger flights carrying the persons permitted to enter Thailand as prescribed in 3.

3. The entry into Thailand of the persons of any of the following types, by aircraft, shall be permitted, provided that they comply with the conditions, time limits and rules of the authorized persons under the Thai immigration law, communicable diseases law, air navigation law, and the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation, for the prevention of the spread of disease and the organization of the number of persons entering Thailand in accordance with the capability of the competent officers or the communicable disease control officers for the screening and arrangement of facilities for isolation, quarantine and control for observation :

Have Qatar Airways and the other international carriers who are landing made an arrangement to bring in passengers ????

Well, ask yourself what those requirements would be as to qualify for such an arrangement?

I think you know the answer.

6 minutes ago, WA Tiger said:

Its got nothing to with free beds in case of illness, that's rubbish, that is what I referring to, c'mon.

thousands of foreigners with a ''retired'' visa are still outside of Thailand

at the moment, waiting to return to where is now their ''home''

how do you know the fact they are let out of the radar since the begining 

has nothing to do with the fact they are more ''at risk'' than the others groups?

Your reference to an hypothetic group of ''rich'' possibly enter in Thailand in the

next weeks is totaly irrelevant, the numbers aren't comparables at all.

5 minutes ago, unheard said:

Well, ask yourself what those requirements would be as to qualify for such an arrangement?

I think you know the answer.

Well you clearly don’t believe I’m holding a ticket (for next week - which the QR website continues to lost as ‘confirmed’) or that I have been informed that International Passengers are arriving in Bangkok on some flights.

These are odd times, I can’t be 100% certain that everything is fine until I’m actually on the flight and arriving in Bangkok. I suspect then you may just accuse me of being an outright liar.

It's all a Moot point until I get a Certificate of Entry, anyway. 

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Well you clearly don’t believe I’m holding a ticket (for next week - which the QR website continues to lost as ‘confirmed’) or that I have been informed that International Passengers are arriving in Bangkok on some flights.

I have no reason not to believe you. I could as easily buy a similar ticket for myself.

Holding a "valid" ticket is not a valid evidence of the airline's ability to proceed as scheduled.

Unfortunately the airlines are strapped for cash and choose as I would say, unethically, to continue selling tickets to unaware public while having full knowledge that their flights will most likely be cancelled.

Then you're a stuck with an airline's credit or a prolonged refund process.

Just now, unheard said:
18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have no reason not to believe you. I could as easily buy a similar ticket for myself.

Holding a "valid" ticket is not a valid evidence of the airline's ability to proceed as scheduled.

Unfortunately the airlines are strapped for cash and choose as I would say, unethically, to continue selling tickets to unaware public while having full knowledge that their flights will most likely be cancelled.

Then you're a stuck with an airline's credit or a prolonged refund process.

I see that point - I would then be curious as to why the Airline have not yet cancelled the flight if they know the flight next week cannot take passengers. Perhaps they are hedging their bets right up until the last minute. 

I agree with your comment that this would be highly unethical. 

I needed a confirmed ticket to apply for the Certificate of Entry (I’m aware some Embassies announced this wasn’t a requirement). If the Airline cancels I can claim full refund (if that takes a month it doesn’t matter much to me). 

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

From your link: 

2. Aircraft carrying persons shall be banned from entering into the airport in Thailand unless it falls with any of the following categories:

Thailand will not allow international travelers to enter Thailand as in accordance with the above memorandum. It is not a simple case of buying a ticket for August and expecting to jump on the plane.

Flights are logistically authorized through international communications by the Thai Government.

" The Thai Government has announced a three-phase plan for reopening to international visitors.

Phase one includes allowing business travelers, investors, skilled workers, people with Thai family members, teachers and students to enter the country. Phase two includes people traveling for medical treatment. Phase three will reopen to international tourism later this year. "

" From 1 July, 11 specific groups of Thai and non-Thai nationals are permitted to enter, and these groups have been outlined by the The Government Public Relations Department. Anyone eligible to enter must obtain a “Certificate of Entry” from their local Thai embassy or consulate.

Requirements for entry may differ between groups of eligible travelers. Some measures include: a fit-to-fly health certificate, a negative COVID-19 certificate for a PCR test that has been taken 72 hours before your departure, insurance that covers COVID-19 medical examination and treatment, and you may be required to undergo 14 days of quarantine. "

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I needed a confirmed ticket to apply for the Certificate of Entry (I’m aware some Embassies announced this wasn’t a requirement). If the Airline cancels I can claim full refund (if that takes a month it doesn’t matter much to me).

yes it's a bit of a catch 22 situation ....   however, today has been a disaster imo.

No travel bubble ... which I expected,  and now Air Asia stock is halted. What else could go wrong  .. ?

Edited by steven100

2 minutes ago, PatrickC said:

For everyone in this post - the Thai embassy confirmed today that all COE applications are on hold globally until new guidance is released today or tomorrowThey further confirmed that after this, the embassies globally would control the approval process, not Bangkok. So once the guidance is out, if you qualify, you will need to make friends with your embassy and get that COE issued. It will be at their discretion.

WOW!

Good news, or at least much better news since the local embassies have a much better grasp on the local situation and have resources allocated just for such a task.

12 hours ago, PatrickC said:

So once the guidance is out, if you qualify, you will need to make friends with your embassy

There was nothing of a significant substance announced at the today's daily briefing (PR Thai government).

They have moved to the once per week schedule so there won't be another briefing until next Thursday.

If the guidance has been issued there is no one talking about that, yet.

With the exception of your contact at the embassy.

Please keep us informed of any new developments.