Thailand tenders to buy feed wheat and barley - trade

webfact

Thailand tenders to buy feed wheat and barley - trade

s4.reutersmedia.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Reuters

HAMBURG (Reuters) - An importer group in Thailand has issued a tender to purchase up to 193,300 tonnes of animal feed wheat which can be sourced from optional origins, European traders said on Tuesday.

The group is also seeking 44,400 tonnes of Australian-origin feed barley.

The tender closes on Wednesday, July 8.

The wheat is sought in three consignments which can be sourced from global origins excluding Russia, Brazil and Pakistan, they said.

Some 73,300 tonnes is sought for shipment between Oct. 1-31, 60,000 tonnes between Nov. 1-30 and 60,000 tonnes between Dec. 1-31.

The barley is sought for shipment from Australia between Dec. 1-31.

Importers in Thailand purchased over 100,000 tonnes of optional-origin feed wheat in a tender that closed on July 1.

(Reporting by Michael Hogan, editing by Susan Fenton)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-07-08

Wheat and barley?

Tell yingluck to come home a little bit, this is going to be the next big scam. Before she was going for the rice. Now it's time to hit the wheat storages, grandma!

Is this article newsworthy? I think not really, judging by the little information given.

The follow-up should be more interesting, when the paid price and the number of involved middlemen are disclosed.

• Like 1

Being an Aussie I tend to get the feeling that Thailand is buying the barley on behalf of China due to the trade ban China placed on this (and beef) and China doesn't want to lose face by buying it again directly from Aust. Won't surprise me either if I read in a few weeks that Thailand wants to import more Aussie Beef