Jump to content

Dogs in Thailand: Mum turns to the media after owner won't pay medical bills for savaged daughter


webfact

Recommended Posts

Dogs in Thailand: Mum turns to the media after owner won't pay medical bills for savaged daughter

 

9pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

 

A mother in southern Thailand turned to the media after a neighbor's dog savaged her daughter. 

 

The seven year old was left needing ten stitches after the dog got her head in its mouth.

 

She was on her way to innocently buy sweets with a couple of pals tagging along behind when the vicious attack started.

 

Luckily the little girl's father was nearby or it could have been much worse. 

 

Mother Phenpha Phothong, who lives in Thap Phrik sub-district went to the Muang Krabi police who called in the dog's owner and fined them 1,000 baht for letting their dog run loose. 

 

The owner proved to be yet another lying and irresponsible dog owner. 

 

He promised to pay 10,000 baht for medical bills. But when it came time to pay up the owner refused.

 

The dog - that previously bit a friend of the little girl - is still wandering around the neighborhood. 

 

Phenpha said she is a poor woman and decided to turn to Facebook and the media after the owner let her down following the attack last Friday evening.

 

Source: 77kaoded

 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-09
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

lock up the owner then the dog. Irresponsible dog owner having it run around and he feels it is fine for the dog to attack innocent children and he will be exonerated of any responsibility. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

But when it came time to pay up the owner refused.

I find that hard to believe 🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do find it strange that the child did not get free medical. I thought everyone in Thailand could get free medical. 

 

But the dog owner should be punished more then a 1000 bt fine. Also he should be force to pay the 10.000

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I do find it strange that the child did not get free medical. I thought everyone in Thailand could get free medical. 

 

But the dog owner should be punished more then a 1000 bt fine. Also he should be force to pay the 10.000

Kids get free treatment at any government hospital (no need for the kids to be registered at that hospital).

Might have been cosmetic, which isn't free.

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

He promised to pay 10,000 baht for medical bills. But when it came time to pay up the owner refused.

So that's that then is it? Him and his vicious mutt can just walk away Scott free?  Responsibility and justice (or what ever the Thai equivalents are) are clearly dirty words here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

A few special lukchins would be getting fed to that dog if that was my daughter..

I can only guess what that name is, however when a similar thing happened to my daughter, although she wasn't bitten, but very frightened by the savage dog nearby who did "attack" her, I did manage to conjure up a large sausage containing all sorts of nasties (won't post exactly what here because it might upset folks) and it went to the kennel in the sky the next day.

 

Also stopped me, and others, being harassed by it when on our motorbikes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lanng khao said:

A few special lukchins would be getting fed to that dog if that was my daughter..

The dog would be in my Chinese Netighbor's hotpot

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

i would poison the dog and be done with it.

Unfortunately  poisoning/killing the dog carries much higher penalties  than the dog biting/killing a child does :crazy:

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, johng said:

Unfortunately  poisoning/killing the dog carries much higher penalties  than the dog biting/killing a child does :crazy:

That is a sad state of affairs, but on the other hand someone has to see you do that (poison the dog) and anyway I doubt very much whether they do autopsies on dead Soi dogs!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

my stupid neighbours and local police made me pay 1500thb or i would be put in prison. My dogs didnt bite anyone and are behind a fence. Funny that dogs snap at me and my family when scooting kids to school and neighbours dogs have killed my dogs on my property. No one cares then though cuz im a farang and its ok to hurt them, ripp them off, etc..

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Savage child attacking dogs find it hard to bite with many holes in them 🤔

No, it wasn't a savage child attacking dogs, but a savage dog attacking a child.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mrs got savaged by a stray a three years ago, all the treatment was free including rabies shots, treated as emergency. Dog needs to be delt with, law or no law.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

lock up the owner then the dog. Irresponsible dog owner having it run around and he feels it is fine for the dog to attack innocent children and he will be exonerated of any responsibility. 

 

 

 

Dont blame the dog, blame the owner. It should be humanely destroyed.

The owner should be put in a cage and have police dogs sicced on him until he bleeds and needs similar medical attention.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, lanng khao said:

A few special lukchins would be getting fed to that dog if that was my daughter..

Thats really horrible. Do you really bear malice against an animal that acts according to instinct?

To kill small things, probably egged on by the owners attitudes to having a watchdog.

 

Such an animal is a menace to society and should be humanely destroyed, juts a pinprick not agony of poisoning.. It is the owner who should be severely punished.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

lock up the owner then the dog. Irresponsible dog owner having it run around and he feels it is fine for the dog to attack innocent children and he will be exonerated of any responsibility. 

 

 

 

However, if you hit it with your car/truck,and kill it, the same <deleted> will want paying. Incredible. 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad news. Even more sadder news Cambodia has decided to stop killing dogs for food Dam I see the Soi dogs in my neigbourhood all rejoicing

I go for a walk i Take a stick with me The dogs here scare me

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Thats really horrible. Do you really bear malice against an animal that acts according to instinct?

To kill small things, probably egged on by the owners attitudes to having a watchdog.

 

Such an animal is a menace to society and should be humanely destroyed, juts a pinprick not agony of poisoning.. It is the owner who should be severely punished.

Aye Aye captain, I'd keel haul it aswell..

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Mrs got savaged by a stray a three years ago, all the treatment was free including rabies shots, treated as emergency. Dog needs to be delt with, law or no law.

I guess you're right if the police will do nothing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2020 at 3:04 PM, xylophone said:

That is a sad state of affairs, but on the other hand someone has to see you do that (poison the dog) and anyway I doubt very much whether they do autopsies on dead Soi dogs!!!

I spend last week end over Ao Nang beach area and saw 20-30 stray dogs all over the beach, some seemed quiet/calm no aggressive but other were jumping and barking at people with food, if I remember correctly last year a couple kids got bitten also and the local government went public saying the dogs would be removed from their beaches, guess nothing was done..... actions speak louder then words

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...