Extension of Amnesty Unlikely?

3 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

>After July 31, overstay fines as well as the 90-day report requirements will resume if the immigration declined to extend the amnesty. Foreigners who plan to continue staying in Thailand are >advised to renew their visas and 90-day reports before then.

>“I recommend you do it within this month,” Phakkaphong said. 

Well Mr Plakraphong, my NonO visa expires end of Sept and I was always told I could not extend it until 5 weeks before the date of expiry? How do you explain that then? Can I go this month like you say to extend until Sept 2021?

What does your non o have to dodo with amnesty?

Oh right, nothing at all.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I do believe those who are sufficiently determined can travel to their home countries in most cases. However, be careful. Many airlines are advertising flights they have no intention of running, simply as a way of boosting their cash flow (fraud, but hard to counter). I suggest checking whether the airline you intend booking has actually flown any flights from Bangkok, and your connecting airport, in the last couple of weeks.

Good idea!  Any good site that compiles this information?

3 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Good idea!  Any good site that compiles this information?

Best I can suggest is working out suitable flight numbers, and entering them at https://www.flightradar24.com/data

It only gives you the last seven days for free, though.

If you check flight QR837, you get indications that Qatar Airways is regularly flying as scheduled.

If you try flight 7C2204, you will likely conclude that Jeju Air is best avoided.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

From pre-approved countries and if your not in the pre-approved country list no bubble.

Yes, but they will be based on country from which you are traveling and not passport. Certainly Taiwan and Thailand would end with a bubble at some point. Currently, all of Taiwan's special permits are for people traveling from low(Thailand is in this group) or medium risk countries. Unfortunately, I am not a corporate businessman with contracts in Taiwan or I would be there now or on en route soon. As a private individual who wants to incorporate to run a personal business, I cannot currently get the permit. If the bubbles went up, for sure I could get to Taiwan.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have removed several off topic posts, replies to them and etc. 

And again.