marriage extension - apply how many days before expiration

i wanted to know how many days before the expiration of my one year stay based on marriage can i apply for an extension of stay.  i read 15 days, but i wanted to confirm. 

does anyone have any current (this month) experience at CW with an extension of stay based on marriage?  will they issue the extension on the spot or will you have to wait (under consideration)?  if you have to wait, will the pick up date be based on when you applied for the renewal or the expiration date of the prior extension.

thank you

Edited by campyman

At Chaeng Wattana you can apply for the extension up to 45 days early if you want to.

They start the 30 day under consideration period on the day you apply for the extension. The under consideration stamp is done for every extension based upon marriage.

UbonJoe,

In another post you had a list of required documents for a one year extension of stay based on marriage.  When you say "updated" Kor Ror 2 marriage registry, does that mean i have to go back to the office that did the original kor ror 2 and get another one?

i'm renewing my one year extension of stay (based on marriage).

13 minutes ago, campyman said:

UbonJoe,

In another post you had a list of required documents for a one year extension of stay based on marriage.  When you say "updated" Kor Ror 2 marriage registry, does that mean i have to go back to the office that did the original kor ror 2 and get another one?

You can get a new KR 2 at any Amphur in Thailand.

Wife only needs her ID card and 20 THB.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 2:36 PM, ubonjoe said:

At Chaeng Wattana you can apply for the extension up to 45 days early if you want to.

They start the 30 day under consideration period on the day you apply for the extension. The under consideration stamp is done for every extension based upon marriage.

In my post you stated that there was no point applying early, as they started the under consideration period at the expiration of the old extension. Is it really that different between Ubon and CW?

31 minutes ago, campyman said:

UbonJoe,

yes, that means you need to go to any amphoe near you with your wife. They will print her marriage status in 2 min. Check the stamp, sometimes they forget and its the most important thing. i suggest take it 2-3 days before going to IO.

Edited by problemfarang

9 minutes ago, SteveK said:

In my post you stated that there was no point applying early, as they started the under consideration period at the expiration of the old extension. Is it really that different between Ubon and CW?

Yes

It has been from the date your current permit to stay ends since at least 2008 when I applied for my first extension at the office here.

12 minutes ago, kptravel said:

Hi Ubon Joe .What is the latest date you can apply to renew?  My extension expires August 7 th..Can I apply for my annual extension on the 6 th ? Thanks 

You can apply on the last day if you want to or need to.

Best do it a couple of weeks early incase you are short of something.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 2:36 PM, ubonjoe said:

piggy back off of this, my 1 year marriage visa expires Aug 15. Do I need to apply for the 1 year extension before this date or could I apply before Sept 26 amnesty?

2 hours ago, phungo said:

piggy back off of this, my 1 year marriage visa expires Aug 15. Do I need to apply for the 1 year extension before this date or could I apply before Sept 26 amnesty?

It is highly recommended you apply for your extension when it is due or you could have problems doing it later.

The intent of the amnesty is that it is for those that do not qualify for a long term extension.

2 hours ago, phungo said:

Did you not mention in another thread that the 90-day permission to stay of you 1-year ME Non Imm O marriage Visa already expired and that you used up your 60-day extension of stay already?

Applying for a 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa is your only option left to stay long-term in Thailand, but you need to act quick in order to still be able to meet the 2-month seasoning requirements of the funds in your personal thai bank-account at the moment of application.