1 Year Visa Expired - And Now?

my first 1-year-family-visa will expired on may, in august i`ll be 50.

When you say “1-year-family-visa”, do you mean

a) multiple-entry non-immigrant visa, or

B) annual extension of stay?

--

Maestro

hi,

my first 1-year-family-visa will expired on may, in august i`ll be 50.

I think my wife will not guarante for me and may i don`t have the 400K.

Any idea?

Providing you are still legally married, you should be able to obtain a new multi entry 'O' visa from Singapore or KL with a copy of your wedding certificate.... irrespective of whether you are still together or not. You will not however, be able to extend your stay without your wife present and willing to co-operate at the immigration office.

Without the required bank deposit (800,000) for over 50's on retirement, your going to have to do 3 monthly visa runs to the border and obtain a new visa every 15 months.

Geoffphuket

You are going to have to have more than a marriage certificate at most Consulates in Asia. Almost all require at least a signed copy of ID card and some even more. If you are not visiting wife you have no right to a non immigrant O visa regardless of marriage.

You are going to have to have more than a marriage certificate at most Consulates in Asia. Almost all require at least a signed copy of ID card and some even more. If you are not visiting wife you have no right to a non immigrant O visa regardless of marriage.

I'd respectfully have to disagree as I obtained a new 'O' visa every year for 5 years (up untill last year) in Penang with only my wedding certificate and an un-signed copy of my wife's I.D card - During the entire period we were separated whilst waiting for a divorce through the Thai family court in Phuket.....Please correct me if the regulations have changed since last August

geoffphuket

The regulation is and was to visit family. There is no provision for issue of visa for marriage. The Consulate assumed that with presenting your wife's ID card that you would be visiting her.

Cheers Lopburi3,

I was never asked, but on that basis I'd have argued that I was visiting her 'in court' :o

Geoffphuket

Have been away from computer last 4 days. You will not receive a visa from Immigration and from the sound of it you wife is not about to sign on to an extension of stay even you you had 40k family income proof. Singapore, as last report I read (if something posted this week have not read it yet), will only issue a multi entry visa with proof of a least 400k in bank account now so that would be another paper you would need.