Despite Trump’s pressure, most Americans think it is unsafe to reopen schools: Reuters poll

webfact

2 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Despite the latest medial interventions for the critically ill seemingly to have reduced the fatality rate it would also seem  premature  to  go on claiming the death rate  has permanently gone down when these  new massive  record levels of infection spikes are only  just now starting to get close to the stage of illness that result in people succumbing to it.

The  fact that  may hospitals are again at  maximum capacity for  icu will inevitably see a decrease in  "best intervention" which sadly can only  result in  higher  mortality.

If 3 out of 4 who object to schools opening then given the  obvious escalation of infection any  "directive" from POTUS can only  be considered deliberate and dangerous  if attempted !

So would you object to a area in a state which has very little effect of the emergence  to take a safe approach to getting back to school

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

The peditricians are sayin there is more harm by them stayin out of school 

All you got to do now is show more children are vulnerable   to the adverse effect of this virus!

"But in the 6 to 8 weeks since most schools in the US have closed, we have gathered new evidence about both children’s risks from the virus and their likelihood of transmitting it, as noted by Esposito and Principi2 in this issue of JAMA Pediatrics. We know only what we know today about the benefits and harms associated with school closure.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/press-briefing-press-secretary-kayleigh-mcenany-7-16-2020/

Is your country one of the ones being taught by 10 year olds ! According to these experts they are saying teaching online can be detrimental especially for disadvantage children because  the parent can't be involved all the time while working !

So if and when  some of these  children who take Covid-19 home  to parents  who then  can potentially  die what then  for the  children?

Sudden increase in  single parent  families  or  even a demand  for  new  State  orphanages !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

So if and when  some of these  children who take Covid-19 home  to parents  who then  can potentially  die what then  for the  children?

Sudden increase in  single parent  families  or  even a demand  for  new  State  orphanages !

I asked you a question ! It appears that you do

1 minute ago, riclag said:

So would you object to a area in a state which has very little effect of the emergence  to take a safe approach to getting back to school

It is  not for me to object. I now have no children to  need to consider that. But if still a custodial parent I would expect  to retain the right  to not send  my  children in  a  higher  level of risk due to the POTUS  calling  for ALL schools  to  reopen.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dumbastheycome said:

It is  not for me to object. I now have no children to  need to consider that. But if still a custodial parent I would expect  to retain the right  to not send  my  children in  a  higher  level of risk due to the POTUS  calling  for ALL schools  to  reopen.

If people object that's fine thats their choice,their children  will be subject to risks as well as mentioned in the study. 

But what about the people  who disagree with you and many others, especially in areas that haven't seen a dramatic increase 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

If people object that's fine thats their choice,their children  will be subject to risks as well as mentioned in the study. 

But what about the people  who disagree with you and many others, especially in areas that haven't seen a dramatic increase 

In the  lower incidence  areas  are those  that want schools open  a significant  majority or  a minoriy?

Most  interpretations  of democratic principles  suggest  the majority opinion is  the norm. Especially in the  face of  a dictate !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Yinn said:

Amazing guy.

1) He deny problem

2) He refuse the mask

3) He have “rally” (soacial distance)

4) He say will finish in April, because hot season.

5) He want everyone return office, factory etc 

6) malaria drug not help. Bleach injections.

He do EVERYTHING opposite what doctor say. 

The doctor say will increase if like that. 

Ok...he is not an amazing guy...but besides that... +1

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

In the  lower incidence  areas  are those  that want schools open  a significant  majority or  a minoriy?

Most  interpretations  of democratic principles  suggest  the majority opinion is  the norm. Especially in the  face of  a dictate !

Even when the infectious disease  experts say it depends on the area without mentioning  (democratic principles ) in their comments! I guess you and many others have made a decision for many who see another side to it.

Ok  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, cantata said:

That JAMA article was published when it looked like the virus was being brought under control. Before Trump urged states to "liberate" themselves. Too many of them heeded his call.

It is in many  not all areas  !  So that jama article would be ok with that! Many other top infectious disease people would be ok with opening of schools and the risk involved with guidelines on safety 

• Like 1

Is this for the benefit of the children? Or, is it just a callous reaction to help re-elect Trump so he can avoid a jump-suit that matches his complexion?

Knowing his record of child treatment, I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Besides, the economy and education won't resume until people feel safe and that time hasn't been reached, yet.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, animalmagic said:

There are way more than 46 pediatric hospitals in USA, to quote a study based on only 46 is misleading at the very least, especially when it does not show the locations of the 46 hospitals and the prevailing infection/mortality rates in that geographical area at the time of survey.

But, as I read last night, the White House is instructing hospitals to send infection data directly to them rather than the CDC, so they will be able to construct data to prove any political position they want very shortly.

The risk may not be to the children but to the vulnerable and at risk adults they come into contact with.  Cherry picking scientific data to validate a political position that, according to science, puts peoples lives at risk is rather pathetic.

If cherry picking scientific data shows how to open schools in areas's together with experts that don't  have  a political agenda ,would that be ok 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

Is this for the benefit of the children? Or, is it just a callous reaction to help re-elect Trump so he can avoid a jump-suit that matches his complexion?

Besides, the economy and education won't resume until people feel safe and that time hasn't been reached, yet.

Child treatment ! Please do tell

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

If the children go back to school, the parents can focus on buying bread to put on the table! Get busy making a  livin ,so to speak 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, riclag said:

Oh Reuters title.  It doesn't mention treatment of children

It implies people are not going to send their kids to school, no matter what Trump and De Vos mandate. 

You can't force people to go out and shop/eat/drink either, if they feel unsafe.

Didn't the Trump team absorb the lesson from Tulsa?

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

A great number of teachers are over 50. They are at risk. The child gets it at school, brings it home, it goes to work with their parents, parents bring it home and back to school it goes.

"But in the 6 to 8 weeks since most schools in the US have closed, we have gathered new evidence about both children’s risks from the virus and their likelihood of transmitting it, as noted by Esposito and Principi2 in this issue of JAMA Pediatrics. We know only what we know today about the benefits and harms associated with school closure".

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/2766113

Other countries have re open . They used strict guidlines ,While others weren't as successful

Edited by riclag

2 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

It implies people are not going to send their kids to school, no matter what Trump and De Vos mandate. 

You can't force people to go out and shop/eat/drink either, if they feel unsafe.

Maybe I'm missing something ! Experts besides Mr. Trump want kids to go back to school safely

9 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

If states want to go back safely ,does that mean in your eyes ,it shouldn't be allowed. Some experts use this as part of a guide

Edited by riclag