New civil aviation rules require Covid-19 medical certificate before buying ticket

webfact

17 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

CAAT obviously not working hand in hand with TAT. How can even travel bubbles work if people have to have 2 covid19 tests, a doctor certificate signed by the overseas Thai Embassy, quarantine, a covid19 test on arrival, US$100,000 health insurance and probably two weeks of Government Quarantine before they can even start their holiday. Most Asian countries only allow their employees two weeks holiday a year. 

Welcome to the New Normal.....

The Thai government will be printing money like no tomorrow when all this hits them in the face if the PM had thought he’d been hit by a plane last week wait until he wakes up to see the Kingdom on the verge of despair, No Tourists, millions upon millions out of work, business all boarded up ,deserted streets ,empty hotels and the Thai baht at the lowest level since the recession of the 90s. Already the baht has weakened in the last few days when the governments finance ministers resigned they know that the economy is sinking faster than the Titanic and jumped ship rather than drown.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

One fact makes all of these requirements obviously ridiculous.......A passenger will be more likely to catch the virus on a plane than just about anywhere else ???? How many times have you got on a plane feeling 100%, but by the time you reach your destination you have a runny nose, stuffed up head, normal, right !

• Like 1

At the moment no one in or out it seems.Once out returning will be harder.I,am looking at the end of the year like many to get back because of the virus.this may be the case. a certificate may be needed,but what happens towards the next high season. no one knows what will happen or the rules they use,i just have to sit and wait until then

As far as the issue of "do I need a flight before I can get the CoE" is concerned...

It is not uniform.. I will say that IMHO, **most** Thai Embassies either mandate that you have made, paid for and can show a flight (that meets their standards such as being a repat#) BEFORE they will actually issue the CoE...   but there are some that, I suspect due to the lack of any organized Thai repat flights from that specific country, do issue CoEs without the need to show a paid flight... they effectively let their CoE holders find their own way back...  but again, this appears to be very much the exception to the rule..

In most countries, the Thai Embassy will want to see that you: a) have made, paid for and can show the ticket booking for a qualified flight, b) a booked, paid ASQ and the booking must show name, C/I and C/O dates, c) have insurance that meets the prescribed standards. The biggies are the value (US$100K or equiv) and that it specifically addresses C19 cover...

So long as you have these 3, the "big 3" then you'll most likely be eligible for and ultimately approved for a CoE

# The issue of repat flights also appears to be less-than uniform... As example, the Thai Embassy/Consulate in Wash DC/LA/CHI/NYC makes it absolutely clear that you can ONLY travel back to BKK on one of the specifically organized flights that operate from 4 major US cities.. and... you need to book it via one of the approved sales channels.. that means no using expedia.com or the like..  The booking letter you get shows the sales channel used, so they'll know if you used an unapproved agent and if you didn't use one of the approved flights, that too will be obvious..  These flights carry *mostly* Thai nationals, but providing you have your CoE, all the documents, a foreigner can also book passage as well.. There is apparently some level of balance in that reports are Thai nationals can not book ALL seats on any flight, thus allowing for a portion (unknown what that ratio is to me) to be booked by non-nationals who qualify... but again, the whole flight issue is very localized and what one Embassy authorizes or does can vary widely from what another one does.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Plenty of logical thought applied if you know how the Thais think.

1. They don't really want any foreigners coming in at all at the moment
  2. Introduce a ridiculous requirement that will make it even more difficult and confusing for those trying to enter
  3. Numbers will be further thinned out of those actually qualifying or even applying
  4. Objective achieved with no loss of face as they haven't told anyone they can't come

Agreed.

It is basically the same deterrent to casual, non-essential travel and immigration that pretty much all other countries, including those that don't subscribe to the notion of 'face', also employ.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, smedly said:

I notice they still haven't clarified if any new passengers boarded the two aircraft (bound for China) in Thailand - a very critical factor in all this

They already stated in separate news articles, in various media outlets, that these were flights that came from Malaysia and Indonesia and merely refueled in Thailand. no one boarded or got off in Thailand including pilots and crew.

16 minutes ago, Estrada said:

no one boarded

I did not see that mentioned in any of the news articles which is why I pointed it out - maybe I missed it

I would also assume these flights can board more passengers in Thailand as part of their route to and from China otherwise what would be the point of stopping at DMK

Time to move back the industrial base FROM China (who we made rich) back to the countries (politicians) that so blatantly screwed their own workers for cheap products that break and are junk!

Also the UN should step up and ban all Chinese (Bat eating idiots) from leaving their borders for at least a year...

I lost my job as well as billions of others due to this culture that has no regard for humanity or clean air or water.

The world will never be the same...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, smedly said:

I would also assume these flights can board more passengers in Thailand as part of their route to and from China otherwise what would be the point of stopping at DMK

These were charter flights, not scheduled flights, that as per reports did not have authority to fly directy into China. But the real nitty-gritty:

Some, at least originally, have suggested that Chinese passengers boarded the 2 flights at DMK and those DMK boarding passengers are among, if not solely, the passengers that were determined to be COVID positive upon aeeival at Tianjin/Guangzhuo. Otherwise, what's the fuss?

Edited by SkyFax

6 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

These were charter flights, not scheduled flights, that as per reports did not have authority to fly directy into China. But the real nitty-gritty:

Some, at least originally, have suggested that Chinese passengers boarded the 2 flights at DMK and those DMK boarding passengers are among, if not solely, the passengers that were determined to be COVID positive upon aeeival at Tianjin/Guangzhuo. Otherwise, what's the fuss?

But, Covid 19 does not transmit locally in Thailand. So, that story could not be true if it relies on the assumption that said Chinese boarders were infected while in Thailand. We'll need another explanation. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, drbeach said:

Is this regulation only for INCOMING flights or for both incoming and outgoing ones?

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The amended regulations stipulate that Thai flights, or flights that land in the Kingdom for any purpose, cannot allow passengers to leave the plane, and all of them must be certified as Covid-19-free before they buy the tickets.

Clear.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SkyFax said:

hhh

https://www.thansettakij.com/content/business/442086  15 Jul 2020via Googlen  translate:

With passengers coming with Thai AirAsia X XJ808 flights in the Don Mueang-Tianjin route 5 people were infected with Covid, while the passengers on Thai Lion Air Flight SL117 on the Bangkok-Guangzhou route on 7 July 2020 were infected with 6 people.

Following this, it was found that the services of both airlines are charter flights. That fly to carry passengers Which is Chinese From Kuala Lumpur And Jakarta returned to his domicile

However, both of the above routes Originated from Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta But since both of the above mentioned cities Does not have the right to fly into Tianjin and Guangzhou of China, causing to fly into Bangkok to use the rights that both airlines have Continue flying to China. Under the new flight code starting from Thailand to China Which passengers did not leave the plane to Bangkok or change to a new plane in any way But only on the plane And not receiving passengers from Thailand in any way, it is assumed that all 11 people are infected from the country of origin

So the airlines just have to change the flight codes and a new loop hole around laws and regulations of another country is wide open.
This way laws and regulations make sense...

16 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Chinese boarders were infected while in Thailand.

All the reports so far are that there were no Chinese boarders at DMK on the 2 flights in question.

But Thai Immigration/departure at DMK would have proof positive yes or no.

And if China CAAC needs to confirm that the Chinese repatriated COVID positive originated at DMK, maybe you could notify them as such here:

http://www.chinacivilaviation.com/contact-us.html

Edited by SkyFax

2 hours ago, MrMo said:

Quote The amended regulations stipulate that Thai flights, or flights that land in the Kingdom for any purpose, cannot allow passengers to leave the plane, EndQuote

So if you may not leave the plane, what is the point of buying the ticket to Thailand.   And as to the effect on the tourist industry, I'm not going down that route.

Suspect that there is either a reporting or translation error here.

The error is that YOU didn't understand what you read.

International travel is going to be virtually non-existent until they get a cheap saliva based test that can be processed immediately.

Then they can run it immediately before a flight on all the passengers.

It will require time and facilities that will make airport wait times longer but the airlines will be able to fly full even if on a reduced cycle.

There's a reasonable chance they will have such a test available this year as it is being widely pursued since it allows opening up a lot of venues.