New civil aviation rules require Covid-19 medical certificate before buying ticket

webfact

11 minutes ago, aixois said:

Not many deads in Greece (192) but more than in Thailand (58)

Not at all the case. No Covid test has to be mad before entering. Only registering for QR code 1 day minimum before the day of arrival. I am spending holydays in Greece right now.

In that case, you have to move to a "covid-19" hotel for 14 days quarantine, at the expense of greek government.

In France, PCR tests are now free.

In french country (were i am from and where i'm leaving right now), COVID-19 test WAS free, it is no more the case right now from yesterday the 17-07-2020 (in Alpes Maritimes department...), it cost now 75 € by test.

The last week Thailand Royal embassy email's answer explain to me that COVID-19 test is valid for 72 hours. Does it change already in the week ?

I feel like in European area, there is not really to much country law, much more european one's. But in the same time there is in french some department exception to add (or remove by closing eyes) some tasks...

It should be very good to get an hourly refresh full updated web site page for each country to know precisely the rules.

Maybe also a kind of electronic stamp proof to be sure to get the hourly rule tracked and subscribed to be apply same as it was the day/hour you subscribed when we will cross the concerned border.

Edited by jerolamo
add some information

13 minutes ago, samsensam said:

as thailand now has the covid test that gives a result in just over an hour it should be possible to test everyone as they wait to board their flight. job done.

very good. How many passengers by day to test ? How many tests shop ? You think it should be technically possible to test everybody in the airport ? I would be very surprised, not because of Thailand who doesn't provide more than 600 000 tests in all the country (maybe), but because of the time to wait in what will become a very very long queue (after 24 hours to wait, some other new day start with some other new fly to go...).

I can not imagine the situation. Maybe to take a fly on Monday, you have to come to wait from Saturday... if tests are not done in time, what will happen ? you can not take the fly then ? money back ? new reservation ?

Very difficult.

Maybe very soon, a lot of infected people everywhere around the world and you should add soon also, poor. Infected AND poor.

Edited by jerolamo
ff

21 minutes ago, aixois said:

Not at all the case. No Covid test has to be mad before entering. Only registering for QR code 1 day minimum before the day of arrival. I am spending holydays in Greece right now.

Yeah, for air arrivals that's correct. I was looking at the land border, where they introduced the negative 72 hour covid test requirement, if you arrive by land, starting with the 15th of July. My bad. So no prior covid test for flying in.

So yes, they are more interested in restarting tourism than Thailand, and as you said, they will cover the cost of your quarantine, should you test positive.

The number of deaths 50 vs 200 is irrelevant, as far as I am concerned they could both be underreporting, I know Thailand is.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, lkv said:

The number of deaths 50 vs 200 is irrelevant, as far as I am concerned they could both be underreporting, I know Thailand is.

I think Greece's figures are reliable. Not a dictatorship

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, crazykopite said:

the Thai baht at the lowest level since the recession of the 90s.

Against which currency ???

Around 36 bahts for 1 euro now

around 39 bahts in 2018, 41 bahts in 2013 and 2014

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

Aussies have created a 20 min covid 19 blood test. Testing will be getting better and better, so hopefully making it easier to board flights etc.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-research-idUSKCN24I0OR

yes, and they also indicate this: "Hundreds of samples can be tested every hour".

If it is true, that's a very good news, and sure, a very good job done.

Edited by jerolamo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Unfortunately the Thai economy is going to crash soon. The CV death numbers are being manipulated why arent people questioning those numbers. People are falling right in line with what govt wants. Im going to try and be patient with re entry. Wont be easy to get the med certificate Im in Afghanistan on a military base and locked down. Its still dangerous out here, Id have to wait for Dubai

Not unfortunately, but happily !

That way thai junta will have to change its mind

• Like 2

23 hours ago, smedly said:

I notice they still haven't clarified if any new passengers boarded the two aircraft (bound for China) in Thailand - a very critical factor in all this

They never will because there is some fabrication in the story

1 hour ago, Foexie said:

This is what they said before so i guess it still counts.

I just wonder how they will do when they get certificates in the foreigners own language. You must have a good and cooperative doctor who will do the effort to already give you one in English i guess.

I can believe they will trust the language skills and opinions of the Thai boarding crew in the country of origine that they can read the certificate in that language.

But what with planes from foreign companies like Russia, Scandinavia, Japan, or where ever? Do they all need a special translation in English or even Thai when they are the boarder?

Bring a paper for testing your dog for rabies printed in Tibetan ????

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

yes, and they also indicate this: "Hundreds of samples can be tested every hour".

•  
  •  
  21 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

Aussies have created a 20 min covid 19 blood test. Testing will be getting better and better, so hopefully making it easier to board flights etc.

Edited 12 minutes ago by jerolamo

Agree, good news.

Seems to me there will be more and more pressure across the globe for numerous reasons to restart international flights, therefore generating a need for different structures in regard to tests and quarantine etc.

Perhaps first it's the testing and surely there are different ways to structure this. As mentioned a credible 1 hr result, hopefully inexpensive, could bring a change to the current 72 hrs before check-in system. 

Until there's a virus I doubt many folks would object to arriving at a departure airport a little earlier to have the test, and with a 1 hr result. And perhaps also with an inexpensive easily available  negative test result 3 or 5 (?) days before check-in.

Then a test immediately on arrival. Again with result within 1 hour. Then, is there a way to structure a final test 3 days later and very easily available, perhaps with very heavy penalties for folks who don't follow the rules. 

A new/different approach to quarantine is I guess the harder item but folks with experience in this area surely can develop different systems.

Who says they are fly thrus?

If you multiply the Thai Covid stats by 100 you'd still be way off the truth IMO, logic says if you consider how many infected Chinese were crawling thru Thailand for at least a month after WHO declared an epidemic then add the Thai "you think too much" attitude .....seriously

wakey wakey dreamers!!!

7 minutes ago, EbhB said:

Bring a paper for testing your dog for rabies printed in Tibetan ????

I doubt there is a language problem, not difficult to format the form into sections/boxes and each section has several languages, all repeated across every section/box.

On 7/17/2020 at 10:14 AM, HerbyJFlash said:

So if book a flight for six months time I have to prove I’m covid free now?

I hope I’ve misunderstood this. If not this is the most moronic thing I’ve heard so far... 

What a joke.

.... not unlike the requirement for a certificate of sexual illness - timeline value is next to nothing ...

Someone else said they thought there is a translation mistake in the OP - I agree. There is already a requirement for any foreigners entering Thailand to provide a negative Covid 19 test within 72 hours of boarding a flight - possibly they mean that this now applies to Thai's?

In any case, how would they police this? Which airline is going to require you to provide a negative test result when you buy the ticket when they know you have to provide on upon boarding?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, A512 said:

tourism is dead.

only super riches will travel. no one are going to accept such BS nonsense. time to go off-grid and become self-sufficient.

Indeed. Although even super rich won't accept quarantines, even if they have all the time in the world. It would be beneath their dignity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:
  •  
  •  
  21 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

Edited 12 minutes ago by jerolamo

Agree, good news.

Seems to me there will be more and more pressure across the globe for numerous reasons to restart international flights, therefore generating a need for different structures in regard to tests and quarantine etc.

Perhaps first it's the testing and surely there are different ways to structure this. As mentioned a credible 1 hr result, hopefully inexpensive, could bring a change to the current 72 hrs before check-in system. 

Until there's a virus I doubt many folks would object to arriving at a departure airport a little earlier to have the test, and with a 1 hr result. And perhaps also with an inexpensive easily available  negative test result 3 or 5 (?) days before check-in.

Then a test immediately on arrival. Again with result within 1 hour. Then, is there a way to structure a final test 3 days later and very easily available, perhaps with very heavy penalties for folks who don't follow the rules. 

A new/different approach to quarantine is I guess the harder item but folks with experience in this area surely can develop different systems.

I think a lot of people would object. I for one do.

41 minutes ago, drbeach said:

I think a lot of people would object. I for one do.

I suspect you're meaning object to reduced/different approach to quarantine.

Unless there's some well proven radical/different/very safe approach then I would object also. 

41 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

I can see a developer in Dubai , building a new tourist Island off the gulf , and naming it Siam !

Better watch out I think the name may be copyrighted....lol

Edited by ThailandRyan

Did I miss how long before you book a flight do you need to get the Med Cert ??, So I go and get the required Cert. before booking, then try to book the flight which is now fully booked with no available seats for maybe 2+ weeks, rinse, rinse and repeat until it is slightly clearer than mud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Did I miss how long before you book a flight do you need to get the Med Cert ??, So I go and get the required Cert. before booking, then try to book the flight which is now fully booked with no available seats for maybe 2+ weeks, rinse, rinse and repeat until it is slightly clearer than mud.

If there is no expiration on a Covid test used for booking, then maybe we only need to get one and it's good forever. Thereafter, when we book a flight, we can attest that we already have a test done. Oh, never mind that it was from four years ago. 

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Do you already have the permission to enter Thailand (COE) letter?

Does it state a date to fly into LOS, or is the date open? 

3 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Don,t waste your time even reading this. Forget about Thailand until at least spring. 

We were hoping for December, but I agree spring is looking more likely, after reading this OP article. ????