New civil aviation rules require Covid-19 medical certificate before buying ticket

webfact

3 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Airbus and Boeing must be in the process of protecting their core expertise before going into a total freeze of their civilian aircraft operations. There will be a glut of second hand aircraft for next 5 years.

It has already started. Yesterday, British Airways announced the retirement of its entire fleet of 35 747's.

Because of the Covid crisis and the inability to fly back to the US for a Administrative Workers Comp hearing, I had to take the Offer from the Insurance firm, which was 30% less than I would have probably gotten had the Administrative Judge had the chance to hear my testimony.   At the end of the day it is only money.

1 hour ago, SkyFax said:

suggested that Chinese passengers boarded the 2 flights at DMK and those DMK boarding passengers are among, if not solely, the passengers that were determined to be COVID positive upon aeeival at Tianjin/Guangzhuo. Otherwise, what's the fuss?

what's the fuss lol

if you can't figure it out yourself I am not going to waste my time explaining it - obviously it would be wasted on you

21 hours ago, HerbyJFlash said:

So if book a flight for six months time I have to prove I’m covid free now?

I hope I’ve misunderstood this. If not this is the most moronic thing I’ve heard so far... 

What a joke.

It's tit for tat isn't it, <deleted> the consequences.

32 minutes ago, smedly said:

what's the fuss lol

if you can't figure it out yourself I am not going to waste my time explaining it - obviously it would be wasted on you

Your fuss is simply that you want to maintan that there were Chinese citizens who boarded the 2 flights at DMK and they were among the source of the COVID positives upon arrival at Tianjin/Guangzhuo.

There is no proof or published reports that any Chinese citizens boarded at DMK -- all published reports state the contrary -- let alone that, if there were any such Chinese citizen DMK boardings, they were source of one or more COVID infections upon arrival in China.

Edited by SkyFax

A lot of opinions and interesting stuff to read. But a few questions remains.

!)Does this rule apply for domestic flights inside the Kingdom

2)What about Thais who have a valid visa for Schengen and plan a trip. Do they need a covid test before leaving Thailand

3)Who checks when you buy a ticket on the internet. Even if a airline wants proof. How can they proof the papers that passengers would send as a scan are genuine? 

4) suppose passengers flying out of the Kingdom do need a covid test before leaving ,what about after sept 26th. Can they all get that test before leaving?

Edited by kno77
forgot one question

I though this was already in force for incoming passengers. Thai or the permitted categories of foreigners and it all had to be done through registration with the Thai Embassy in the country where you are now and some say 1 Covid free certificate no more than 72 hours before flight to Thailand others have been asked for 2, the first on registration.

Didn't know it was different for the Chinese already, why?

Still seems only to apply to incoming planes and passengers. Hope then not required to fly out to Europe unless, and until the EU and others decide they want that too. At the moment and as a French permanent resident I  have to complete an attestation that I am travelling purely to get to my home and carry it with me to show if asked and also make a "sworn" (as we Brits would say) statement that I believe myself Covid free and will go in to 14 day voluntary quarantine  at my French home on arrival there.

The French and the EU/ Schengen zone are still also limiting the categories of person ( also very limited and I don't think any Hi -So funny business) that can enter their countries from outside the Schengen zone but all can now move freely again within the zone. Whether that will last, who knows in these extraordinary times..

Hi 

Thanks for your information. Right now the EU allows non essential travellers (family visit and tourism) for twelve countries (Montenegro & Servia off the list) Thailand is one of them. But it's an advice not a law that holds for all Schengen members. Which means every country follows it's own rules. France en the Netherlands follow that list. Germany blocks Koreans, Japanese and Chinese because these countries don't allow any of their tourists getting in. Belgium blocks any non schengen non essential flights. Hungary too except Servia. Finland only allow essential travellers. It goes on and on. Being Dutch my Thai GF could fly in. With a big maybe because i fear this rule will make it difficult to get out. I called the immigration at Schiphol. They confirmed tourists or family visitors from Thailand are welcome (providing they have the correct visa). The French ambassador in Thailand even wrote a letter to Thai people inviting them to France. So who sees through. For me confusing

41 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

Your fuss is simply that you want to maintan that there were Chinese citizens who boarded the 2 flights at DMK and they were among the source of the COVID positives upon arrival at Tianjin/Guangzhuo.

you are confused, I never made such a claim

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

you are confused, I never made such a claim

19 hours ago, SkyFax said (quoting published report):
And not receiving passengers from Thailand in any way, it is assumed that all 11 people are infected from the country of origin

Smedly:

China needs to confirm this

22 hours ago, HerbyJFlash said:

So if book a flight for six months time I have to prove I’m covid free now?

I hope I’ve misunderstood this. If not this is the most moronic thing I’ve heard so far... 

What a joke.

Exactly what am thinking. Tourists book months in advance to get a better deal on airfare. Now they will have to book within a week or two before boarding a flight and pay horrendous prices. Imagine a family...... Please think it over!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m shaking my head how much time and effort will needed to accomplish 

your travel.... it’s getting to the point no one will want to travel Internationally...

read this morning Australia is close to having a Test with results in 20 minutes...

Is this for domestic flights, too? If I guy a ticket from BKK to Chiang Mai, do I have to have a Covid test before booking that ticket? What if I get online to book a ticket for me, my wife, and our friend to fly? Will all three of us have to have a Covid test before I can buy those tickets or just me? And, how to we prove that we have actually had such a test? Scan and submit the copy of the test to the booking service (like Orbitz) or airline?

2 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Is this for domestic flights, too? If I guy a ticket from BKK to Chiang Mai, do I have to have a Covid test before booking that ticket? What if I get online to book a ticket for me, my wife, and our friend to fly? Will all three of us have to have a Covid test before I can buy those tickets or just me? And, how to we prove that we have actually had such a test? Scan and submit the copy of the test to the booking service (like Orbitz) or airline?

No, the article clearly states (and I quote):-

"ordered the implementation of new regulations for international flights"

Enjoy your domestic flight and book on-line with no bureaucratic problems!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SkyFax said:

19 hours ago, SkyFax said (quoting published report):
And not receiving passengers from Thailand in any way, it is assumed that all 11 people are infected from the country of origin

Smedly:

China needs to confirm this

you are still confused

and are now trolling nonsense

give it a rest

• Like 1

lost the plot. doing all this for something that hasnt and could quite well not happen.(2nd wave). some of these countries need the men in white jackets to take em away. just go live in a bunker covered in foil and let the rest of us get on with our lives

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, smedly said:

better to say before boarding and must be within 2 days

This is what they said before so i guess it still counts.

I just wonder how they will do when they get certificates in the foreigners own language. You must have a good and cooperative doctor who will do the effort to already give you one in English i guess.

I can believe they will trust the language skills and opinions of the Thai boarding crew in the country of origine that they can read the certificate in that language.

But what with planes from foreign companies like Russia, Scandinavia, Japan, or where ever? Do they all need a special translation in English or even Thai when they are the boarder?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

I not really understand the rule. I think you then have to  (all of you) paid a test COVID-19 (valid for 72 hours) to buy the ticket, then again an other one before to leave your country. And if the second one is negative, you loose your ticket (and your money).

Then after in Thailand have to be 14 days locked in a 5 stars hotel in the Thai list of selected hotels (first price at 1000 € for 14 days without food, up to 3000 € for 14 days), and then you will be free to maybe be contaminated in Thailand...

But, i should miss understand, because it seems to be as crazy as not logic and so expensive.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lkv said:

Greece, a country with a similar number of reported cases like Thailand, does the following, and we here in Europe are moaning already and think it's too much hassle and expensive:

Not many deads in Greece (192) but more than in Thailand (58)

Covid test 72 hours before entering.

Not at all the case. No Covid test has to be mad before entering. Only registering for QR code 1 day minimum before the day of arrival. I am spending holydays in Greece right now.

If it comes out positive, they start looking for yoi, if not you carry on with your vacation.

In that case, you have to move to a "covid-19" hotel for 14 days quarantine, at the expense of greek government.

Some of my aquaintances think...ah...family of 4....we will pay around 300 euro more for these PCR tests (75 euro per head). Better just not travel at all.

In France, PCR tests are now free.

12 minutes ago, paulikens said:

lost the plot. doing all this for something that hasnt and could quite well not happen.(2nd wave). some of these countries need the men in white jackets to take em away. just go live in a bunker covered in foil and let the rest of us get on with our lives

In my country we have some old but very nice clothes NBC proof, you can order one with the mask and cartridges (you have to change the mask cartridge every 12 hours in a safe place):

tumblr_p5njugU4181w636mro1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jojothai said:

Yes, thats what i understand.

So if this is true you now need a test before you book, then one to get the COE, then another one before you fly.

Absolute nonsense. Two prove nothing for when you get the flight.

Got no brains.

It should simply be the test before flight. No pass test, no fly.

Why all the extra useless tests?

You still have the back up of quarantine here -  if they decide to implement it adequately and equal on everybody here.

as thailand now has the covid test that gives a result in just over an hour it should be possible to test everyone as they wait to board their flight. job done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1