New civil aviation rules require Covid-19 medical certificate before buying ticket

webfact

20 hours ago, drbeach said:

I think a lot of people would object. I for one do.

Then you won't be going anywhere.

wouldn't surprise me if the future has like what diabetics used to do with a small pin <deleted> of blood to be tested before being issued a boarding pass. 

On 7/18/2020 at 8:57 AM, ChakaKhan said:

(open up laptop-starts to build webpage selling bogus Fit to Fly "papers"---first 100 ppl get 2 for 1!)

you would be surprised what they are selling in the deepweb.

On 7/18/2020 at 6:30 PM, Paiman said:

How situations like this get handled in Thailand, proofs how thick these guys are, but we all know that by now.

Give it a few days and there will be another announcement in this matter. 

Any buses available from Bangkok to Stavanger / Norway?

what about trains? cargos still working.

ANYBODY TAKEN THE REPATRIATION FLIGHT SYDNEY TO BANGKOK? PLEASE SHARE:

Appreciate if any members who have taken this flight would please share some details:

- Cost?

- Extra fees?

- What airline?

- Were meals etc., included in flight cost?

- Anybody aware of an option to fly Sydney to Bangkok then transfer to flight Bangkok to Chiang Mai to do the quarantine?

- What hotel did you select in Bkk and would you please indicate if the cost included meals and Covid tests and was the service acceptable?

Thanks.

I do realize that step 1 is gaining a COE document, now in progress.

- Re the COE were you obliged to take the next available repat. flight after receiving the COE?  / Did you have to wait for several flights before you could get a seat?

Any details you can please share much appreciated, thanks.

18 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Your emoiji looks confused, I was asking about some of the things you claim are for sale on deep/dark web

I am not offering anything, but with a little effort you can find everything. ????

On 7/17/2020 at 8:46 AM, webfact said:

The Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) on Wednesday said it was banning Thai AirAsia X and Thai Lion Air flights on those routes from July 20 to 27 as a punishment for bringing Covid-19 patients into the country.

What! You inflicted this thing on the world. Can we just ban China?

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 4:03 AM, 86Tiger said:

They should just say no one is allowed to fly to Thailand until further notice.  

All these knee jerk requirements are making it impossible to even keep up.

Exactly, here's a Headline - Emergency decree will remain until we figure it out or there is a vaccine !

On 7/17/2020 at 4:03 AM, 86Tiger said:

They should just say no one is allowed to fly to Thailand until further notice.  

All these knee jerk requirements are making it impossible to even keep up.

17 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

So how would one get access to this "web"?   Everything?  Even how to get a free elite visa to thailand?

free? ROFL nothing is free, let alone visas ..  do some research and you will find the way.

For reference and a possible indirect link - quote from today's Khmer Times 25 July:-

The Cambodian Ministry of Health’s (MoH) decision to propose to the Prime Minister to temporarily ban all flights from Malaysia and Indonesia to Cambodia is an understandable yet regrettable decision. This takes effect on 1st August 2020.

This is in response to a spike in coronavirus + patients among repatriated Cambodians who have traveled back home via flights from Malaysia and Indonesia. All are in State quarantine. Similar situation with repatriations in Thailand - soldiers from Hawaii for example.