More Russians fly home from Phuket

snoop1130

More Russians fly home from Phuket

By The Phuket News

1594980850_1-org.jpg

More than 200 Russians flew home from Phuket yesterday (July 16). Photo: AoT Phuket

PHUKET:-- More than 200 Russians boarded a flight at Phuket International Airport yesterday (July 16) to head home as the Russian Government continues its drive to get their nationals stranded in Thailand home.

The Boeing 777 aircraft, designated Rossiya Airlines Flight SDM6695 took off at about 1pm. According to the Phuket Consulate-General of the Russian Federation Facebook page, there were 225 passengers on board.

The aircraft touched down at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, where 207 more Russians boarded the home-bound flight, bringing the total number of passengers on board to 432.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/more-russians-fly-home-from-phuket-76713.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-07-17

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

That's a helluva lot of people on a B777!???? Legroom (and elbow-room) must've been "at a premium"!!

It was a 777-300 (Aeroflot 6696, reg: EI-GES).

The biggest model.

432 passengers?

Well not premium but it's possible to stuff in 550(!) if equipped with one single cabin.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

It was a 777-300 (Aeroflot 6696, reg: EI-GES).

The biggest model.

432 passengers?

Well not premium but it's possible to stuff in 550(!) if equipped with one single cabin.

never had more than 320 pax in my aircraft.  I have never heard of 400 in a B777=300, although theoretically it could take 450.  500 I very much doubt is possible in a B777, unless they are all standing. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

never had more than 320 pax in my aircraft.  I have never heard of 400 in a B777=300, although theoretically it could take 450.  500 I very much doubt is possible in a B777, unless they are all standing. 

Yes, but on a 9 or 10 hour flight!????? In the last few years I've been paying around $130 for an emergency exit seat on the London - Bangkok flight, I'm quite tall. 

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

500 I very much doubt is possible in a B777, unless they are all standing. 

If you know better than misc sources in the internet, well then be it.

No desire to waste effort on your know better.

Edited by KhunBENQ

20 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Yes, but on a 9 or 10 hour flight!?

If your disparate to get away you will take it.

The 1100+ Jews from Ethiopia stuffed in a 747 didn't complain I guess, escaping civil war.

Of course the rules for air-travel were much "relaxed".

"Operation Solomon".

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

If you know better than misc sources in the internet, well then be it.

No desire to waste effort on your know better.

I was a Training Captain on the B777-200 and 300 for 8 years, I think I know that aircraft quite well, don't you? . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

If your disparate to get away you will take it.

The 1100+ Jews from Ethiopia stuffed in a 747 didn't complain I guess, escaping civil war.

Of course the rules for air-travel were much "relaxed".

"Operation Solomon".

I'm flying because I'm going on holiday, that's not even close to being a good analogy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

I'm flying because I'm going on holiday, that's not even close to being a good analogy.

The thread is about Russians going home.

Some of them probably not enjoing their "extended holiday" but disparate to get back to family/work etc. And for that they will sustain some discomfort on the packed flight.

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The thread is about Russians going home.

Some of them probably not enjoing their "extended holiday" but disparate to get back to family/work etc. And for that they will sustain some discomfort on the packed flight.

I did meet a few Russian families who had been stranded here they were not very happy, at the time when you couldn't go to the beach or use the swimming pools also could not leave the area that meant they could only travel in a 6 km radius,