Thailand develops one hour COVID-19 testing kit with 97% accuracy

rooster59

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

It explains that they have the virus, but it definitely wasn't their fault. Someone else gave it to them, and it wasn't due to anything that they did, or didn't do.

It's designed with 'Face' in mind. ????

fault.jpeg

Do I understand this correct that you think we should all blame ourselves if we get the virus?

Personally I wear a mask and I try to do social distancing. But I don't think it's impossible that I get the virus.

We can all be cautious but there is a certain amount of bad luck involved.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, rtco said:
5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Colorimetric RT-LAMP COVID-19 test kit

That's a pretty catchy name ... NOT

That be the Clamp test...Clamp the front door and test the backdoor.

This is a not a new "development", its just that its now being manufactured locally in Thailand. The test itself has been around since March at least. 

Being manufactured locally is a GOOD thing though if it makes it more widely and cheaply available. 

• Like 2

What utter tosh just like the coconut bullet proof vests cures for Ebola etc because one could go on and on. At best this will be stolen work or at worst like the bomb detectors that could not even get a random yes no percentage on detection. When tests from leading farms are giving false positives for cold virus, flu virus and even vaccine there of. Tosh utter Tosh. 

• Like 1

97% accuracy

1.5 times cheaper than other methods

1.15 hours to get results 

After 2 weeks in quarantine and no symptoms, then negative result. Otherwise positive. 

If 97% accurate, and the wait time before exam is accurate is less than 2 weeks, then maybe possible to end quarantine after a negative test result. 

I suspect the test is not 97% accurate, or can only detect the virus two weeks after initial infection.

In late March Sky News UK showed a report from Thailand demonstrating a 90 min locally developed test. Needless to say it disappeared without trace. Now it maybe that it wasn't sensitive enough and it has been refined successfully. The problem is that to many times have Thais come up with something which hasn't been tested/scrutinesed to international standards. We'll have to wait and see or should I say not hear on this one.

• Like 1