Rayong senior officer promises Bt100,000 to anyone who contracts Covid-19 after visiting Rayong

rooster59

2 hours ago, Swedenlars said:

Very smart of him. So it works like this. First you contract the Corona bug. Then you report it to Mr. Satit Pituetecha. He will give you 100 000 Baht. But then comes the catch. As a result he will put you right away in quarantine for 2 weeks in a isolated and expensive hotel with a price tag of a least 200 000 Baht.  Nice deal.

Yes my immediate thought 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bodga said:

Should  tell the man in the  middle  that those plastic  face guards wont help?

Yes, I have noticed a lot of these shields lately even though there was a govt announcement stating they were not safe and wearing them still qualified the wearer to a 20,000 baht fine?  But I guess he can always fall back on the old "Dont you know who I am" clause and go scot free!!

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed - this news has been posted on Facebook from another Thai news source (which I shall not name or copy). I received the post this morning on my Facebook page and it has gone worldwide via my large group of friends for "starters". The heading though, was more like "Tourists, come to Rayong for your holiday and if you become infected with coronavirus, we will give you 100,000 Thai baht" As you can imagine, the response is "unbelievable" to say the least!! Wait for the "fake news" response from the Rayong authorities. 

Agreed, its a very very poor decision this one.  They would have been better off borrowing TAT's chocolate wheel again and coming up with some fantastic figures to report of how many thousands they have tested resulting in 100% negative results.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Swedenlars said:

Very smart of him. So it works like this. First you contract the Corona bug. Then you report it to Mr. Satit Pituetecha. He will give you 100 000 Baht. But then comes the catch. As a result he will put you right away in quarantine for 2 weeks in a isolated and expensive hotel with a price tag of a least 200 000 Baht.  Nice deal.

Next you're going to suggest that the quarantine hotel is owned by Mr. Satit Pituetecha...

• Haha 1

Another prime example of governmental stupidity; this time in form of Piya Pitutecha, chief executive of Rayong Provincial Administrative Organisation. 

I might accept the bet if he coughs up THB 250K plus one Baht in form of a gold chain or a table fan with a little pink or baby blue bow on top. 

Sir, the damage is done, you cannot uncrack an egg shell! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Personally I think this ministry is hiding the true figures so asking them to verify it wouldbe likedealing with the swedish muppet chef

If your thai and tested positive in Rayong you won’t collect 100k you will be sent to an-isolation adjustment centre 

• Like 1

and when 2,000 people make claims.... What will he do......?????  NO WAY will he part with all that money (probably accumulated thru graft)....  I think he is only 'talking' as he knows that 'talk is cheap' from gov't officials in Thailand......

2 hours ago, kensawadee said:

and when 2,000 people make claims.... What will he do......?????  NO WAY will he part with all that money (probably accumulated thru graft)....  I think he is only 'talking' as he knows that 'talk is cheap' from gov't officials in Thailand......

I presumed it was only for the 1st person 

that applied.

And then it had to be before midnight on the day he offered it.

On 7/18/2020 at 11:53 AM, rooster59 said:

Piya Pitutecha, chief executive of Rayong Provincial Administrative Organisation...said “If anyone visits Rayong and contracts Covid-19, I will personally pay them Bt100,000 after they show concrete evidence, verified by the Ministry of Public Health, that they actually contracted the virus from Rayong locals.”

He may as well offered B100m as he's safe with that extremely qualified, and impossible to verify, generous offer.

On 7/18/2020 at 11:53 AM, rooster59 said:

after they show concrete evidence,

Some of this was shown before, but i guess the Mekong is nowhere near Rayong. Still don't complain, and then go for a swim in Rayong after a meal. :unsure::ermm:

• Haha 1